SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmo_kramer

Need a small tree \ large shrub for this location (pics)

cosmo_kramer
13 years ago

I need to get this side of my house landscaped and I'm not sure what I should do here. I'm thinking I need a small tree or very tall columnar shrub for the center of the wall. I really would like to have a crape myrtle in that spot, but am also considering an emerald green arbovite, or blue point juniper. I'm hoping to get some suggestions for the entire wall, so have at it. This is a west facing wall and it is pretty much in full sun for most of the afternoon. The front of the house has indian hawthorns, sky pencils on the corners, and a white spirea on the left corner. I purchased a medium sized tuscarora crape myrtle to plant in the center of the wall, about 7 ft out, but found out the tag was incorrect on the mature size of the tree. It claimed to be 12-15 ft tall and wide, but it turns out that this one gets about twice that size. Here is a link to my album. Its the left hand side of the house. Just copy and paste into your browser.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bjennings79/House?authkey=Gv1sRgCKq73pyg2eOI4AE#5484309594956373410

Comments (13)