SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

NEW: obf: october's happy halloween

flowergirl34
12 years ago

****please pretend the logo is right here :0) *****

Welcome to OUR BLOOMIN' FRIENDS October's HAPPY HALLOWEEN SWAP!

I love Halloween!! It has been my favorite holiday since I was very young. The pumpkins, the candy, the decorations, hay rides...and best of all TRICK OR TREATING!

This is going to be a very simple swap.

Your HAPPY HALLOWEEN package must consist of 3 items.

1. a HALLOWEEN or Fall themed card for your receiver to enjoy.

2. a HALLOWEEN treat...I know chocolate always springs to mind here. But it can be anything, even something lovingly made by you :)

3. a FALL TREAT for the garden. Something for fall planting. Bulbs, corms, or even an iris sound lovely. Any 1 kind you wish to share with your receiver. NOTICE~~~ I said 1 kind...that's right ladies only 1 kind. So you can send 3 Texas Flame Tulips (but they are only 1 kind). Get it. :) Very easy!!

Like I said this is going to be a very, VERY simple swap.

Okay, so here are the rules:

1. Your HAPPY HALLOWEEN MUST fit into a flat rate envelope or a flat rate box, your choice. Nothing bigger is allowed, sorry. You must mail with Delivery Confirmation. And post here when you mail.

2. You have until October 11 to sign up. I'll post partners on the 12th. Please have your packages mailed out by October 26, that way they should all be received by Halloween :).

3. Please post receiving your special HALLOWEEN package when you receive it so we can all enjoy your HALLOWEEN with you.

4...and most important...YOU MUST BE A OBF MEMBER TO JOIN THIS SWAP. If you would like to be sign up to be a member please post here and we will let you know what to do next. OBF is a year long trade group.

So what are you waiting for...sign up...its going to be easy and fun! I'll even be posting some fun Halloween games throughout the month...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL MY BLOOMIN FRIENDS :)

vina

Comments (107)

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

OOOHHHHH Vina I wish I was in Taylor's class....Those cookies sound yummy. I have irises blooming now too, DH picked some purple, yellow and white ones and put them in a vase for me. I will take them to work with me tomorrow.
    I started to fuss at him because I did not see the names before he cut them but decided to skip it. I'm sure the white one is Immortality.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Wednesday!!!

Shirley, I also have Baby Boom flowering! Just noticed it yesterday afternoon. I've never had that one rebloom before :). I'm going to cut a bouquet today for Gramma and surprise her at work with them. She just loves iris, but doesn't really grow any. She always says if she wants to see any she knows where I am :)

The cookies were a big hit! Some kids thought they looked like playdough, lol! I guess I went a little over the top with the coloring.

I received the most beautiful dahlia this year from a gw'er. Now is the time to be bringing the little fellow in. Does anyone know if I'm suppose to pot it and stick it somewhere out of direct line of frost/snow, or do I just dig up the root and bag it up to put in the basement/fridge for the winter. Never had a dahlia before and wasn't going to fuss with digging and overwintering it, BUT, then it put on such a show for me this summer I just have to save it! Any knowledge on this guy would be terrific.

BINGO WORD FOR THE DAY: WEREWOLVES

Spooky Halloween Bingo Words Already Drawn:
    CORN STALKS
    GOBLINS
    GOURDS
    COSTUMES
    DONUT HOLES
    GHOSTS
    POPCORN BALLS
    BOBBING FOR APPLES
    WEREWOLVES

Have a great day!! Talk to you later!
    vina

• Related Discussions

new: october mnf scared my plants off halloween seed swap

Q

Comments (77)
    I am here tonight for a favor. I am in need of quick prayers for my 24 year old daughter. She went to the emergency room yesterday because she first started having stabbing pains in her chest then her left side began tingling and she was dizzy and had difficulty concentrating. She was tested for stroke and bloodclot and when they could not find anything, sent her home. Her pain went away but not the tingling. I took her to the chiropractor and she didn't do any work on her because just simply looking at her and her reactions to certain tests made the chiro ask me to take her back to the er. I took her to a different hospital and they have admitted her. I know someone asked if MS was in the family and I do have a cousin. They are doing an MRI tomorrow and after reading the symptoms tonight, realize that Elizabeth has several of them and they even mentioned some patients had pains described as stabbing which is how this started. I am scared for my daughter and pray that MS is not the problem. Please keep her in your prayers and I will keep you posted. Thanks Margo
    ...See More

update: ~obf~ october fest halloween swap~

Q

Comments (149)
    Hi All, I spent most of today planting stuff. I still have more to plant!!! I did take a pic of behind the garage. I have to download my photos though. I'll post a post about it later. Then I've been making seed envelopes. I have made so many and I have so many more to go! Lol, I don't think Carol should be allowed to type lists. : ) Amy, Deb and Sassy are missing, not sure if anyone else is. It is LLbean, not Libean, and Ilovefarac, not Ilove franc! Lol, Bunny Hunting month! I'll get you Waskly Wabbit! : ) Mellen, You are too sweet. : ) Ok, I got to upload my photos, Remy
    ...See More

OBF NEW SWAP OCTOBER "YOUR CREATIVE COOKBOOK"

Q

Comments (269)
    Happy Birthday, Erica! Emily, I'm amazed my cookbook reached you so quickly. Annie, you are so generous with the prizes - will be excited to get something in the mail - other than the overflow of catalogs, magazines, junk mail, etc. Annie, poor Emily will be be embarrassed to hold on the the envelope I sent my cookbook in. I only had one that was large enough and it was previously used so I put everything inside and wrapped the used envelope in paper cut from a grocery store bag. Do I get extra points for recycling? LOL Shirley, we may be close to getting some frost, but not tonight. I was upset that my pepper plants which I have tried to care for most of the summer are finally blooming and starting to grow peppers. I think they will be moved into and out of the garage for awhile. I not only want the peppers, but I want to save some pepper seeds! I haven't quite figured out the OBF football game. Some of you know I follow the Gamecocks at the University of South Carolina. They were not having a great year so far and then Coach Spurrier resigned this week and there was an interim head ball coach announced ... but the Gamecocks won their game today so maybe all of this will get straightened out. The teams we played the last two weeks have been very generous providing supplies for the flood victims, bottled water, and other assistance. My husband found a weather web site with a huge number of pictures of the flood. We were not here for most of those days - it looked so horrible. Of course, we worried a lot while we were away, but seeing it may have been worse. We still have water streaming through our horse pasture and it has been warm and sunny all week. We are ready for things to dry out. Well, time for bed here. Enjoy your day tomorrow! Jeanne
    ...See More

OBF October Swap: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Q

Comments (103)
    What a sweet picture, Shirley. Everything for this swap has now been received. Now I can pass along my "oops moment" about the prizes. A few weeks ago I went to a craft store and saw some Peanuts fabric - it had copies of the comic strips on it. Perfect to make little gifts for the prizes I thought. Guess who couldn't find it a few weeks later? It's a bit of a joke around here about how I put things away and can't find them. Anyway, I thought the gnome fabric turned out really cute and one day I'll find that Peanuts fabric. I guess it's good it didn't have a seasonal print. I hope everyone enjoys Halloween this year. We don't get any trick or treaters out here, but I have my Halloween-Fall decorations out in several rooms so it looks festive for us here at home. Jeanne
    ...See More
  • smitties
    12 years ago

Vina, I dig up my dahlia tubers every fall. I dig up the whole bunch of tubers, rinse them off, and put them in a small brown lunch sack. I then store them in the basement on a shelf. This has worked for me for years. I got mine in late this year so I am just starting to enjoy their blooms. You can dig them up after the frost, you just don't want a freeze to hit.

Dahlia's are so easy to grow and the tubers can be broken up for more fun blooms to experience or share.

Hope this helps, Margo

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Vina-Your Gramma is a smart woman....Irises are gorgeous.
    Margo being in zone 5 probably knows best about dahlias for that zone but I don't dig mine here. The key is they don't need to get wet and then it turns cold and they rot, so I cover mine with black tar paper and then mulch so it doesn't blow off. They stay nice and dry all winter.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

I received my "Happy Halloween" box today from Jeanne.
    Perfect......daffodils....I love daffodils....they are so happy, an orange marshmallow pumpkin...as I write this,my husband is enjoying it as an "appetizer" before dinner...he just could not wait....and a darling halloween card with a witch on the old broomstick....cute card.

Thank you so much Jeanne!!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone!

Margo, thanks so much for the info. I'm going to go out and dig them up today. :) That sounds so easy, maybe I'll try more dahlias next year!

Shirley, the bouquet was a big hit! People coming in and out were asking where do you get iris' this time of year? :) That made me smile.

Annie, that does sound like a Happy Halloween! I love daff's too!

BINGO WORD FOR THE DAY: ICHABOD CRANE

CORN STALKS
    GOBLINS
    GOURDS
    COSTUMES
    DONUT HOLES
    GHOSTS
    POPCORN BALLS
    BOBBING FOR APPLES
    WEREWOLVES
    ICHABOD CRANE

HAPPY HALLOWEENS ON THE WAY!

Michelle (micyrey) sends to Jen (jlee160)

Jen (jlee160) sends to Margo (smitties)

Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) sends to Annie (canyonwind)***SENT***REC'D***

Rose (rosemctier) sends to Michelle (micyrey)

Melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to Beth (beth_b_kodiak)***SENT***

Margo (smitties) sends to Shirley (brittneysgran)

Beth (beth_b_kodiak) sends to ME (mellen)

Shirley (brittneysgran) sends to Rose (rosemctier)

Vina (flowergirl34) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)

ME (mellen) sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

Annie (canyonwind) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)

Melissa, I'm going to get busy on your Happy Halloween this weekend! FOR SURE! This week has flown by!

Have a super Thursday!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

No hurries, Vina! :o) Good things are worth waiting for!

Beth's box was delivered on the 15th. I hope everything made it OK!

• jlee160
    12 years ago

margo- I still do not have your addy- will you please email me with it? Thanks:)

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

Michelle, we have had a week of teen drama and trauma, coupled with nonstop rain, so i haven't mailed your box yet. it is supposed to warm up next week, so i'l get it out on monday, i promise :)

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Apologies to Bunny.
    My wireless device died and I just now got a new one in my hands and installed!!!!!! Yeah.
    Sorry Bunny. The candy has been eaten and the plant planted and I'm just now getting to thank you. You did very well with your choices.
    I have been eating Skinny Cow ice cream for a long time but did not know they made candy too. It was a real treat and I'll look for it in the stores.
    The iris looks very good green and healthy. I put it into a new bed I'm making on the front bank. I look forward to seeing it bloom,
    iris are one thing that do well here with the intense dry heat. Good choice and many thanks.

Your card was a very nice one that i figure you made yourself. You amaze me with all the things that you do and do well. You are a very busy Bunny.
    HUGS to you and all the little bunnies.
    Now to get my package in the mail for Mellen.
    Bethb

• smitties
    12 years ago

Jen, email sent.

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Vina,

Happy Halloween is headed your way Friday afternoon. I will post the DC# Friday evening. Thanks so much for hosting...this has been fun...fun...fun! Your cookies sounded so good...wish I was a kid again!!!!!

Dinner time...must run!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HAPPY FRIDAY :0)

Rose, I'm happy my little ones are little for a few more years. I don't think I'm ready for teen drama. I may go up to 3 cups of coffee a day instead of 2, lol!

Ooh! Bunny what kind of iris did you send? That box sounds fun and yummy! And I finally have a game plan for your box! I was packing up seeds for another swap and it just came to me :). So I'm off on a little shopping fun today, for you...and probably for me too, since I always buy things in 2's (one for me and one for you, lol!)

Annie, can hardly wait :) I love surprises, especially HAPPY HALLOWEEN surprises! :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR THE DAY IS: CANDY CORN

CORN STALKS
    GOBLINS
    GOURDS
    COSTUMES
    DONUT HOLES
    GHOSTS
    POPCORN BALLS
    BOBBING FOR APPLES
    WEREWOLVES
    ICHABOD CRANE
    CANDY CORN

How is everyone doing on Bingo??? Anyone close yet?

Melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to Beth (beth_b_kodiak)***SENT***REC'D***

Margo (smitties) sends to Shirley (brittneysgran)

ME (mellen) sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

Annie (canyonwind) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)

Have a super Friday everyone! Kiddo's have a half day today, so we are pizza and shopping this afternoon :) Can't wait!

Talk to you soon!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Glad you enjoyed everything, Beth! :)

Vina~ The iris was Mother Earth. I have only a few that I can find tags on, and this one seemed a bit appropriate...kinda said harvest time to me. For some reason. I'm strange that way. :o)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Shirley, your box is on the way and I am awaiting word that it has been received.

Vina, I just sent you an important email.

I am doing well with Bingo and have six words already.

Spent the day super cleaning and then the plan was to go out and plant up my eucalyptus, curry, lavender, and a rosemary plant to bring in because of a frost due tonight. My back is suffering from the cleaning so hubby has agreed to take a nap and then dig them up for me. (He works 4am to 1).

We also have a football game tonight and we sit in the press box and he calls the game while two of us spot for him. I am not sure I am going to be able to do it tonight. Took some tylenol and I am going to take a bath.

Good Friday to all, Margo

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Good Evening....

Vina,

Happy Halloween DC # 0311 0820 0000 9057 0925.........

RE: BINGO...I believe I only have three thus far. Margo is looking good! Is Taylor still doing the picking??? Maybe Billy might like to take a stab at it.....LOL!

Happy Weekend to all!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Margo - I received my wonderful Happy Halloween box. Thank you so much for all my treats.

I received:
    Tulips - Kaleidoscope
    Halloween Card
    Kit Kats, Milky Ways & 3 Musketeers
    Necklace -

Margo thank you so much for such a thoughful box. I love the necklace you made....I went to a craft show today and wore my necklace. I have just the right place to plant my tulip bulbs and hope to do that after Church tomorrow. I love chocolate candy and have been devouring it.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    Thank you so much for the Halloween surprises! I received a pack of daffodil bulbs (and daffodils are my very favorite flower), candy, and a really cute Halloween card. This was a fun swap and simple to do. Thanks for the idea. I missed swapping during all those hot, dry months.
    Jeanne

• mellen
    12 years ago

Jeanne, you are welcome. Glad you enjoyed. I agree that this swap was fun and VERY easy to do.

Been having gorgeous weather here. 60's and 70's just can't be beat this time of year.
    ME

• smitties
    12 years ago

Shirley, glad you enjoyed your box. I was a little worried because I sent my husband to the post office for me with strict instructions to get DC. He did remember to get it but when he got home and I asked him for the receipt, he said he didn't have one. The kiosk said it was unable to issue receipts that day. Grrrrrrr He didn't even think to write the number down off the label before he put the package in the bin. I couldn't track the package because I had no number.

Oh well, from now on, I do it myself.

Margo

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Monday! So sorry everyone I have been an MIA hostess the last couple of days. Trying to pack so many things into a weekend...I'm still bushed :)

Everyone's boxes sound great!!

Margo, I received your email...and I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to get a dc! Don't be too hard on hub's :)

Bunny, I love Mother Earth iris. And your right they fit right into fall wonderfully :) Or should I say wonderfally...okay, I know that was corny!

Okay, now to the most important thing...BINGO!!!

Annie, Billy is drawing the next three words...hopefully he'll bring you some luck! :)

We are now drawing one word for Saturday, one for Sunday and one for Today...

AND THE BINGO WORDS FOR TODAY ARE: FRANKENSTEIN, MONSTER, WITCH

CORN STALKS
    GOBLINS
    GOURDS
    COSTUMES
    DONUT HOLES
    GHOSTS
    POPCORN BALLS
    BOBBING FOR APPLES
    WEREWOLVES
    ICHABOD CRANE
    CANDY CORN
    FRANKENSTEIN
    MONSTER
    WITCH

Margo (smitties) sends to Shirley (brittneysgran)***SENT***REC'D***

ME (mellen) sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)***SENT***REC'D***

Annie (canyonwind) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)***SENT***

So many boxes are flying...I just love simple swaps! Have I missed anyones sending out there box? If so, please let me know and I'll update the list.

Everyone who hasn't mailed yet has until the October 26th to mail. So everyone can have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Melissa, putting the finishing touches on your package today and will be mailing tomorrow :) Happy Halloween!!!

Talk to you all soon!
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

It looks like I will be hostess for both November and December. I will post the November swap after Halloween. Just to let you know that awhile back I wanted to do a book related swap and then it didn't happen, so I plan to use that idea for November. So... if you have a book you read lately that you really liked, keep it for another few weeks. We will be sharing favorite authors/favorite books as part of our November swap. Nice weather to curl up inside and read... not to mention it will be getting dark earlier and earlier... I dislike that part of fall. These will be fiction only and paperback/lightly used are fine. There will also be something you will send along with your book, but more about all of that in November. Do not tell what your book is - there will be some secret choices being made as part of this swap.
    If I am not back to post here before November, Happy Halloween to everyone!
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good afternoon!

Jeanne, that sounds like a great swap. I'm already mentally signing up...and thinking of a few book choices.

Anywhoo...I was getting lunch ready and my mailman showed up with MY HAPPY HALLOWEEN from Annie!

In my super bubbler was:
    ~an adorable handmade card by her neice. Way too cute and hanging on my fridge!! The witches are so cute with all that long hair...totally spooky :)
    ~yummy!!! snickers and hershey bars
    Billy saw these and kept walking around the table, with his little Halloween pumpkin that he has been carrying around with him for the last week, saying "trick or treat momma, trick or treat!" and I would put a candy in his pumpkin. He would be so excited he'd go around the table and give me back the candy and do it all over again! He's getting in some good practice!
    ~Trick or Treat gloves for Taylor...sorry Annie...I think these are for me! Taylor's going to be a Velociraptor for Halloween, Billy is a T-Rex.(both of my kids want to be Paleontologists when they grow up):0) And yes!, just like you thought in your card, I am dressing up :) (your never too old for Halloween)...I'm going to be the Scary Godmother. I have my costume all ready and these gloves will be perfect! Scary Godmother is a Halloween Special on Nickelodeon. Taylor and I have been watching it since she was 1, and Billy since birth. LOVE HER!!
    ~Calla: Green Goddess
    I just looked this up and its beautiful. It says to let dry out and store in dark, cool place till weather is above 55. Is it already dried out in the baggie that its in? I can't wait to grow this in the spring. I'm going to put it with my beautiful dahlia that I saved too :)

Annie, thank you for such a wonderful, colorful HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Everything was wrapped so thoughtfully and such a joy to open!! :)

Annie (canyonwind) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)***SENT***REC'D***

Have a super day! and talk to you soon!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

I mailed Rose's box Friday but just figured out I mailed it to the wrong address. I found an old list at work and used the address for Rose but she e-mailed me a diffrent address.... I bet whoever gets the package will be wondering What In The World.

So sorry Rose I should have waited until Saturday but was not sure I would get back to the PO. I got your e-mail when I got home on Friday but had already mailed the package. I figured all this out when I returned to work today and noticed the two addresses were different.

I will update an address list for all members and hopefully avoid this in the future. I have noticed alot of us asking for addresses each month so this will be a good time to update the list.

Shirley

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

shirley, that's fine-- that's the cabin! i'm just in the house for now, but the bf is still at the cabin. he will pick it up and bring it to me :)

michele, your box is packed and ready to go out tomorrow!

the address thing is my fault-- i haven't sent out updated lists in a while. i will let this be my last plea for updates before i email them to everyone.

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Michelle, I Received your box. Thank you so much for the cute card, popcorn, bookmark and iris :) very cute:)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Cold out this morning (high 40's), but SUNNY! So I'll take it :). Won't be long before I have a few feet of snow to contend with.

Boxes seem to be flying...everywhere, lol! :)

Bunny, your package is sitting on the table next to me. On its way to the po. I'll post the dc when I get back. :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR THE DAY: TRICK OR TREAT

CORN STALKS
    GOBLINS
    GOURDS
    COSTUMES
    DONUT HOLES
    GHOSTS
    POPCORN BALLS
    BOBBING FOR APPLES
    WEREWOLVES
    ICHABOD CRANE
    CANDY CORN
    FRANKENSTEIN
    MONSTER
    WITCH
    TRICK OR TREAT

Michelle (micyrey) sends to Jen (jlee160)***SENT***REC'D***

Shirley (brittneysgran) sends to Rose (rosemctier)***SENT***REC'D KINDA? :0)***

Vina (flowergirl34) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)***SENT***

Everyone who hasn't mailed you have until tomorrow, the 26th, to give your partner a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Please post here when you mail.

Have a great day!
    vina

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Vina...Are you sure the Calla arrived in OK condition???? Please let me know if is "damaged"....OK???? It is a lovely Calla....Of course, I do not have to lift mine here in Southern Cal. Out here, mine grow to 6-7 ft.

RE: Bingo.....nice work Billy....LOL!

Happy Tuesday to all!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Back from the po....Miss Bunny your dc is: 0308 3390 0002 0057 3175 :)

Annie, it looks great! I opened up the bag so it could dry out for a few days and then I'll shredded paper bag it in the basement. I am so excited to see this grow! The pictures I looked up are just beautiful. I can't thank you enough!

Have a great afternoon everyone.

We have S N O W in the forecast for Thursday and Friday morning. YES! I said SNOW! Here we go...

vina

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

wheeeee got my box from shirley today :) m & m cookies, which are already gone, but i did share with my bf LOL a really cool painted decorative shovel with a cute scarecrow on it, which will go on my door once the skeleton comes down-- i love harvest! and best of all, 6 thalia daffodils, which are pure white! i have never seen all white daffodils before, and think they will be amazing with my checkered lilies:) ah, spring,why must you be so far away!thank you so much,this was a lovely treat :)

michelle's box made it to the PO today, and your confirmation number should be in your email. usps.com is so much easier than i thought it would be :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

GOOD MORNING! Today is the day! Today is the deadline to mail your HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :) This month has just flown by, and this week, is in some kind of hyperdrive for me, lol!

Beth and Jen, your our last Happy Halloweener's :) Has anyone heard from them? Maybe I should send them an email?

Rose, M&M cookies....yum! I have never tried the usps.com. I was always afraid that I would get to the end try and print, nothing would happen, and they would charge me for it anyway, lol! Silly, since I have never even checked out how to use it.

Since it is so close to Halloween and still no BINGO...we are now drawing 2 words a day till someone hits it.

THE BINGO WORD(S) FOR TODAY ARE: CANDY APPLE and CORN MAZE

CORN STALKS
    GOBLINS
    GOURDS
    COSTUMES
    DONUT HOLES
    GHOSTS
    POPCORN BALLS
    BOBBING FOR APPLES
    WEREWOLVES
    ICHABOD CRANE
    CANDY CORN
    FRANKENSTEIN
    MONSTER
    WITCH
    TRICK OR TREAT
    CANDY APPLE
    CORN MAZE

Rose (rosemctier) sends to Michelle (micyrey)***SENT***

Shirley (brittneysgran) sends to Rose (rosemctier)***SENT***REC'D AND YUMMY!***

Talk to you later!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Looking forward to it, Vina! This has been a rotten week so far, so having something in the mail besides bills will be great! :)

I have 6 of the words so far. Not doing so well! :P

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

o my stars, BINGO! woohoo! had the last two :) i'm so EXCITED :D

1. Candy apple
      > 2. Ghosts
      > 3. Werewolves
      > 4. Witch
      > 5. Bobbing for apples
      > 6. Goblins
      > 7. Corn maze
      > 8. Gourds
      > 9. Ichabod Crane
      > 10. Trick or treat

vina, i've had very good luck with the usps website. only way to use the regional rate priority boxes is to print postage online, and they really do save a lot of money, so i've gotten used to the online options. so easy! you should check it out!

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

it was 7 bulbs. the bf just called to tell me he found one under the table. when i pulled out the bag the side ripped and out they tumbled-- hopefully i've found them all, before the dog does! the card was really cute too-- a little puppy in a bushel :)

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

WTG, Rose! :o)

I like the usps website, and print labels when I can. They don't charge you if it doesn't print out correctly, which is GREAT. :)
    I also found out that they have PADDED flat rate envies! Yay!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning ALL! :)

ROSE, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ON BINGO!!!!! :) I will be packing up your Happy Halloween prize and sending it off later this afternoon :)

I was getting a little worried that we would be playing this till the middle of November :)

Thanks for the info on the usps site. Bunny, that is actually what I was afraid of. Sometimes my printer will say its printing and then nothing comes out. It's like you have to butter it up sometimes for it to work, lol. And I LOVE the padded envies, your Halloween is coming in one.

Shirley (brittneysgran) sends to Rose (rosemctier)***SENT***REC'D***

Only 2 more to mail and a 4 to receive and we can wrap up a great Halloween for this year.

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I am mailing today:) Sorry for the delay.

• smitties
    12 years ago

I received a Click and Ship notice from the USPS that Jen has sent my package. It included the DC number so will let you know when it arrives.

Margo

• mellen
    12 years ago

Beth sent her package, and I received it today. No worries when it comes to Beth. She is the best! She sent 2 varieties of daffodil bulbs-Cheerfulness and Salome. I got them planted right away today. They are right next to the sidewalk where we walk to the front door so they will be a 'cheerful' greeting. Beth also sent teas along with some honey straws, coffee flavored candies, and the cutest knicknack! It looks like a little owl perched on a rock. It is actually a little nutshell split in half. 1/2 faces front and the other 1/2 faces the back with one on top of the other. The inside of the nute REALLY looks like an owl face. It is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Beth, I love all that you sent. Thank you sooo much!
    Hugs to you, too,
    ME

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone! It's Friday!!!!!!!

Wow! Have you all been busy since yesterday :)

Jen, your right on time :0) Thanks for posting.

Your right ME, I never have any worries about Beth...or any of you ladies for that matter. You all make hosting these swaps a breeze and I can't thank you all enough.

Jen (jlee160) sends to Margo (smitties)***SENT***

Beth (beth_b_kodiak) sends to ME (mellen)***SENT***REC'D***

Does anyone have any big Halloween plans this weekend? We have 2 Halloween parties for the kids and trick or treating at our shopping mall. The kids always take that as practice for the "real" night, lol!

I keep thinking its only a few more days till Halloween and with it, the end of OCTOBER...where has the summer gone??? It is 22 degrees here this morning. Cold even for our weird weather standards. Having to scrape ice off the van this morning. I'm glad I'm done collecting seeds. Everything is toast now. :(...another year gone...and...another planning year YET to begin, lol! and so the wheel turns.

Jeanne, you can start gearing up for November whenever you'd like :) I have already started digging through some of my books and seeing which one I can part with. Its weird, once I read a book and really like it, I'll hang onto it for years. I may re-read that darn thing 4 or 5 times. I am just finishing up on my 3rd round with the wonderful David Copperfield...I just love that book!

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• mellen
    12 years ago

30 degrees here right now. We are soon headed out for St. Cloud to visit son, DIL, and NEW grandbaby. Evie is being baptized on Saturday then hubby and I will be staying there through Halloween. I know she is only a short 2 months old and oblivious to the celebrations, but it will be fun anyway. When hubs heard that I planned to stay a couple of extra days, he decided to take a couple of vacation days to stay, too. That little girl already has Grandpa wrapped around her little finger. Whenever we are with them, and they need someone to burp or hold her, Grandpa also has his arms up ready to take her.

Everyone have a great week-end!
    ME

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Well, along with a few bills (Booooo!) I received a package from Vina today! Yay! :D
    It was so much fun opening something GOOD for a change!

She sent a package of fun size Hershey's bars, a bag of candy corn (already munching on 'em!), a *cute* orange candy dish, glittery Halloween stickers (girls have already claimed these!), 4 Double Daffoldil bulbs (Tahiti), and some soft-necked garlic bulbs (to ward off vampires!).

Thank you so much, Vina! :D I love everything, and it was so much fun!

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

Hello
    I got a great box today from rose.
    She sent a rudbeckia, a cone flower, and 2 corropsis they are all big healthy plants.
    She also send several packs of seeds, hyacinth beans, 4oclocks and a few others I don't rember right now.
    She included a ghost ornament, a box of carmel chocolets and a jar or fruit spread.
    What a great box, thanks so much
    Michelle

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Nice boxes....thanks Vina for hosting this month.

On my way to work this morning I passed under some trees in town that had tree limbs branching way out over the road. I heard this ker plunk and poop landed all over my windshield. It was bear poop and the bear was on one of the tree limbs. DH came and took the truck to get an oil change and could not believe it. He had to take it to a car wash to clean it up. The bears here have left the mountains and come into town for food. They prefer the oak trees with the acorns.

Vina-Our Church is having trunk or treat tomorrow and local businesses are having Boo Bash in the Park. The kids really rack up there with all the candy.

Looking forward to our next swap but I don't read many books. I check out books on tape from the library and listen to those at work. I have listened to over 100 books this year and think I am addicted to them. I hope the library doesn't run out. At first I bought them on ebay but that got expensive and I checked out the library and they had them.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Oh, Shirley, bear poop on your car! Ick! That has to go way beyond bird poop. I'm glad the bear didn't fall on it, too.
    I'm sure I must have posted that we had to have our 12-year old Golden Retriever put to sleep earlier this month. It was so sad - and even terribly sad during the 2 months or so when she was really sick. You feel so bad for them.
    This week we adopted a new dog. She's 6-8 months old and may be part Australian Shepherd - all I can say about her breed is she has some ancester with blue merle coloring! Right now she is 22 lbs. so she will be a much smaller dog than our Golden. She went from a shelter into a rescue organization and now here, so hopefully she will decide this is just the right home for her. Now we have the pressure to stay consistent with all the rules and turn her into a well-behaved dog. She is extremely smart and eager to please. This is the first time I have had a calm, submissive dog (Do you watch the Dog Whisperer?) and wow, what a difference. I feel like I switched to "top of the line." She is already house trained, spayed, heartworm negative, has all shots, etc. That is an especially nice thing about rescue dogs - we do have a few parasite issues that lingered, but the vet has her on the stuff to take care of that.
    I'll post a picture of her when I post the Book Swap. She came with the name Sydney and after much deliberation, we decided to keep it. (I am going through a phase where I like place names for pets. LOL)
    Jeanne

• smitties
    12 years ago

Congratulations on the new family member Jeanne. It is always so nice to be able to rescue a dog. Our little Shilo is the dog of our dreams. Having some trouble with throwing up but it looks like we might be on the right track after a trip to the vet and some meds. Poor thing is so hungry but is limited to what she can eat right now.

I did receive my box from Jen. She sent me a rooted Chocolate Joe Pye weed which is soaking and will be planted tomorrow. Also an assortment of candies which have been hidden from the family eyes. :)

Thanks Jen and Happy Halloween to all. Margo

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Day after Halloween!!
    So sorry I was MIA for the last couple of days. Unexpected family thingy's going on...and of course, HALLOWEEN!!

My 2 dinosaurs sure kept me on my feet yesterday that's for sure :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween! I may take a couple of days to recover. But, its so nice out today, I better get outside and take down all my decorations. We have graveyards, archways, ghosts, and skeletons...everywhere!!! It will take all day to pack it up...then on to turkeys and haybales for Thanksgiving :)

Shirley, Is bear poop lucky?? I heard an old wivestale that if a bird poops on you its lucky...does the same go for bear? :) I can only imagine how much you had to wash off...ewwwww My mom loves books on tape, and gets them from our library too. My husband just started listening to them when he's in the truck, he really enjoys them. Our library has a used book sale a couple of times a year and they always have books on tape too. I got some for my mom for 50cents each.

Jeanne, Congratulations on your new family member! Sydney is a very lucky pooch! :)

Margo, I'm glad your little one is starting to feel better. :)

Bunny, the garlic is from the garden. You can eat some and plant some if you'd like. It comes back every year, and if you cook with it, its way cheaper to grow your own. :)

Jen (jlee160) sends to Margo (smitties)***SENT***REC'D***

Rose (rosemctier) sends to Michelle (micyrey)***SENT***REC'D***

Beth (beth_b_kodiak) sends to ME (mellen)***SENT***REC'D***

Vina (flowergirl34) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)***SENT***REC'D***

I happily declare this swap officially closed. Thank you very much ladies for making this truly a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Now onto November...Jeanne...take it away...

vina

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

wow,shirley, that's quite a story lol. glad you're okay!

i got my prize today :) man do you pack an amazing box! i got garlic-- yay! been wanting to try garlic. huge crocuses in purple, orange and white daffodils, and pumpkin shaped caramels :) very excited! tomorrow is supposed to be nice so it looks like i have some planting to do! woohoo!

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

hey vina, any advice on the garlic? do i plant it now or wait til spring? do you know what kind it is?

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Rose!
    I believe I sent you German White Hardneck Garlic. If you want to plant some for your garden, now is the time. :)

Just crack off the outer paper a little bit on the bulbs and plant just like any other bulb. They should start to sprout a little now too, that's okay, the frost and cold won't hurt them.

I received the garlic that I sent you from a friend last year. And with my harvest this year, I was able to share :) She grows over 200 different kinds of garlic...did I mention...THEY LOVE GARLIC!!

:0) Happy Garlicing!
    vina

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022