SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yfael

Finding a middle ground.

yfael
15 years ago

Hi,

I've been reading over quite a few threads in this forum over the past few hours and really finding some long awaited answers.

I've been doing "landscaping" over the past 2 years without and real training and it's been starting to get to me. Currently I'm working for a fairly young landscaping and Lawn/Garden maintenance company so my boss is still in early stages in terms of "standards set".

In my personal life I am very much "green". I don't get down with chemicals unless I truly have to. I much rather get on my knees for hours and hand-pick then spray for 15 minutes.

This being said, I'm looking for some practical tips/links/speeches(:P) on lawn care.

I have 42 properties I maintain I'd like to see them flourish, and I have a boss who is open to new ideas/methods.

At the moment we do fertilize 3 times a year. Do "Weed and Feed" once a year (or more if requested) and Aerate in early spring.

As much as this seems to be "good common practice" I'm really not seeing results and I believe as a company we have really just settled on a pretty poor result and gave it the thumbs up.

Inform me! So I can come at my boss with good information so I can see my lawns get green!

-Rafael

p.s. If this at all goes against any rules since I'm not a home owner I'm very sorry and Moderator feel free to delete my post.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living