SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catman529

Anticipation at end of vacation - What will my garden look like?

catman529
14 years ago

We will be back from our 10-day vacation on Saturday, June 27. I've had some friends come over while we've been gone and water the maters, herbs, cukes, and everything else I'm growing.

Now I am getting nervous and excited - how many of you crazed tomato gardeners know the feeling? What tomatoes will be ripe, how much bigger will they be, is everything healthy, how much have all the plants grown, and most of all, are they all OK after being left out of my tender loving care for 10 days?

I know there will be at least a few ripe tomatoes (Ildi and Black Cherry for sure) and I'll see some much bigger green fruit on some of the beefsteaks.

Also, I hope my stake system held out OK. When we left, my tallest plants (Black Cherry) were mere inches from the top of the stakes, and growing at 2 inches every day. So those will be over the top, literally, and I'm hoping they took the course of sprawling across the top of the structure I built.

So I had to share that with y'all, now are there any stories like this from anyone who has gone through the same thing? Anticipation, nervousness, the first glimpse at the garden when you arrive home, and how everything had grown while you were gone.

Is it just me who feels this way? I'm guessing the answer is NO, knowing some of the people on this forum and the fact that we all share the same condition of Tomato Madness Disease (TMD).

Comments (5)