SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mitch_in_the_garden

Can anyone ID this tomato?

I grew out a couple of White Tomesol tomatoes from BC Hierlooms this year and got a yellow tomato about 6-12 oz that is the most intensely flavored tomato of any color I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. This is what I've been searching for in pinks, reds, and blacks for years. I'm not convinced it is even a White Tomesol. I should be so lucky to get such a sport. But it doesn't match the description of any yellow that I've ever read. If the following description sounds familiar and you think you might know this tomato, please advise. Description: Small deep lemon yellow, 6-12 oz, beefsteak shape, on a regular leaved 4 foot plus plant. Seemed to come in at about 80 days and indeterminate. Over-the-top flavor that is high acid balanced. Sharply aromatic. Very satisfying, deeply concentrated tomato flavor that comes on strong and has an endless tomato aftertaste. Shy bearer unlike the Tomesol. If the good Dr. is browsing, any thoughts? Anyone else try this Tomesol this year with similar results? Thanks, and happy gardening.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES