SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windclimber

Heartland Zone 5 er's Heads UP!!!!!

windclimber
15 years ago

Zone5ers':

Look out again, National weather service has issued a rare severe weather outbreak alert. Forcast models show the same pattern as June 8th 1974 when 39 tornados ripped across the southern Plains.

Already the outbreak of tornadoes is occurring along the KS ,NB border moving eastward. Central Kansas near Wichita has reported 4 tornados and baseball size hail.

I tied all the tomatoes to thier stakes and even supported the bigger branches by gently tying them up around the stalk. I really don't think trying to block the wind with anything will help as anything the wind can get a hold of could be detrimental. Short of covering the entire plot under straw, I can't think of anything else.

Others may have ideas, please post, this will be from KS ,NB, IA, MO,and I am sure into IL, IN, and WI. We have till about 9:oopm before it lights up around here.

Don't get caught out there when the hail starts tho, softball size hail in Manhatten KS killed a youngster Wend.

Nature will do what she pleases.

If you have lived in the midwest for any time at all you learn to be serious about these alerts.

Keep an eye to the sky and prepare a safe spot in your dwelling with flashlights and battery powered radio. Good Luck, and God Bless

Tom

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm