SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden4wildlife

What's your best (native) bird plant?

garden4wildlife
19 years ago

I've always grown some plants for the birds and whatever other critters come to my yard, but over the past couple of years I've been getting more serious about it. I've done a lot of research into plants native to the southeast (I'm in GA) and the websites and books I've been using indicate if the plants are good for wildlife. However, most of them aren't much more specific than that. I'd like to know what plants get the best results as far as attracting a variety of wildlife - esp birds - particularly in the southeast. If you know specifically what types of birds or other animals favor any of your native plants, please let me know. I'd particularly like to know some plants that attract thrushes - I love their songs - and buntings, tanagers, and warblers (other than yellow-rumped or pine - I've already got plenty of those already!). I've got a lot of native plants already planted but I'd like to add more. The only problem is, I'm working with limited space, so I have to make every bit of room count.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner