SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcskye

In Mourning

bcskye
14 years ago

The very first tomato that started on one of my very first Cherokee Purples got knocked off the plant today. Such a beautiful, perfectly shaped, rapidly growing little tomato. I was trying to get water into the fill tube of my SWC where this little tomato was partially blocking the way (which I know to make longer from now on). The second time I tried to up-end my water container, I notice in horror that my baby tomato wasn't blocking my way anymore. I rescued it from the top of the container and it is sitting on my kitchen counter where I can look at it and think of how great it was going to be.

In the meantime, all four of my CPs have blossoms and tiny tomatoes all over them although the two in the SWC are over twice as large and thick as the ones in the ground. The German Johnsons and Mr. Stipey are looking good and the Rutgers (planted by a neighbor in my garden) have blossoms and tiny tomatoes on a couple of them. All are so much smaller than the ones in the SWC so I think next year I'll plant all my tomatoes in SWCs - with much longer fill tubes.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert