SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

UPDATE: update petal pushers halloween 'buried alive' #2

canyonwind
14 years ago

I posted this as # 150 on the previous "buried alive" thread...whoops, meant to start a new one...so here ya go!

As a fifty-one year old "youngster", it is rather sad what has happened to the carefree fun of Halloween. Going from house to house with your buddies, without parents... tricking (no, not that tricking) and treating until 11pm or later. It was good old fun. Parents did not worry like they do today. They did not have too.

I tell my 13 year old twin nephews of all our fun. They can NOT even imagine how we had all that freedom on Halloween night (and other nights). Of course, they can not imagine NOT having a computer or an IPOD either.

We get so few children on Halloween and I know every year it will be less and less. But for good old times sake, I continue to buy lots of awesome candy. My husband thinks I am nuts...but that is his problem...not mine...LOL!

OK, tiz time for me to reveal who I am...........

Just call me.....Spot...the fire breathing dragon who would LOVE to get a bottle of vino buried in a box.

Denise (your next to choose)

Dan

Kathy

Alana

Your choices....

Count von Count

Count Duckula

Herman Munster

Incredible Hulk

Correct me if I am wrong on the above.

I am off to get some alone time under the staircase and consume some Doggie Din Din.

Have a great night!

Spot

Comments (150)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Lurch, Thank You for the e-card full of September flowers! You sneaky petal pusher!! :0) You've got me wondering who you are, and I know I'm going to love, love, love, this box!

cAROL, when I read your last thread and saw that it was 56 where you are, I looked down at the weatherbug and it said 57. But it felt much warmer with sun shining. Tomorrow is suppose to be back to being windy, and Thurs. it looks like rain.

Well, I have to go and tend to some laundry. Nothing like waiting until the last moment!

Goodnight all!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Loved your poem dan,

Wanda the witch on her broom
    Swept through the town yelling "ZOOM"!
    through a perchance of luck
    Never hearing the truck
    and she zoomed on her broom to her doom.

An Egyptian Prince was a dummy
    drank to much,became a rummy
    When the grim reaper called out his name
    he cried and he wailed for his Mummy

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Petal Pushers: June Jubilee Continued (round 3)

Q

Comments (150)
    Well, here's what I see; though I'm no closer to figuring out what many of the items are... Eyeglass case Magnifying glass Pear Cigarette lighter Key ?Golf Ball? Something kind of like an ornament hanger to right of red flower, near asphalt Pedicure foam on hosta Grocery bag? behind hosta A white-ish item behind the heuchera looks like a miniature church or house? Something cobalt blue above glasses case, under hosta leaf rock? Marble? Yellow tag on plant to right of pic Another cobalt rock/marble above and left of key Something yellow behind liriope, to right of key Something dark green/teal to right of liriope, just below pear Something on hosta leaf, just at the base of the tree trunk looks like a stick of gum Something shiny at bottom of hosta with pedicure foam Now we can laugh at my imagination!
    ...See More

Update Petal Pushers July White Elephant Swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Good afternoon ladies! Please excuse me for having to go to work!!!LOL Deb, Thank you so much for stealing Tracy's box! I'll be taking posession of that again Thank You! RECAP, I pick box #12! I'm sorry to those of you that are waiting but I have most of the contents of everone elses boxes! Here's the numbers so far #1 1 #2 1 #3 4 #5 4 #6 0\ #7 0 #8 1 #9 4 #10 0 #11 0 #12 4 #13 0 I will double check these before the end of the month! Lisa
    ...See More

UPDATE: Petal Pushers July White Elephant Swap #4

Q

Comments (149)
    I would love to stay and chat girls, but I can barely keep my eyes open. It was a long day today. I will see you in the am. Karen, are you in my time zn? It's 10:00 here now, and we are almost neighbors. If so, 11 would be when she is posting and you might have a chance still : ) Shirley, that is another beauty, I love those types Fran, sounds like your feeling better still today, that's good! Soooo, what were the extras you were going to put in that box for me??? Denise, since some MEAN person stold that box from me I'm gonna have to try and work out a trade with you for some honeysuckles! : ) Yes Tracy, he was nice. LOL See you girls in the am!
    ...See More

UPDATE: sept ~petal pushers~ shade swap-let's play!!

Q

Comments (150)
    My deliberation process was interrupted by the phone. It seems someone stole my husband's credit card number so they're having to cancel his card and issue a new one. Want a good laugh? The people who stole his number used it at an online Christian t-shirt site, where they purchased just less than $2000 worth of silkscreened tees! LOL! How crazy is that?????? Okay, again, I'll be back. Right now I'm thinking box 4
    ...See More
  • gardencraze
    14 years ago

Dan I think you'd better put the cork back on that bottle.
    It's really bad when you start seeing people that aren't there LOL (just kidding)

Good night all
    Hugs Carmen

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

Carol - your lampshades are beautiful! You must have lots more patience than I do!

Dan - Wow! Canning, cooking, sewing, quilting? My hubby can upholster furniture, and thus use a sewing machine, but no cooking, unless it's using a microwave. I wont even repeat what his thoughts on crafts or quilting are!! Huge round of applause for your parents in raising all their kids to be so talented!

I tried square foot gardening last year and I love it. I went to Lowe's and purchased some 2x8x16 lumber and had hubby make me two raised beds. I mixed my own soil, using Miracle Grow for vegies, peat, compost, composted manure, and pearlite. Then divided the beds up into 12" squares and planted either the seeds or the plants themselves. There is a website ~ I think it is squarefootgardening.com ~ that gives you suggestions on how many of each vegie seed or plant you can put in each square. We had more tomatoes and okra than we have had in the past using different planting methods. I highly recommend it!

Alana, your doggie is so cute! We don't get that white stuff down here very often, but we have had freak ice storms.

Smitties, I have tried all kinds of crafts, too. I finally decided that I would stick to just gardening, scrapbooking, and sewing. I love garden art/junk, so that gives me an outlet to use all the rest of the craft supplies I have on hand. Which is good, considering the mountains of scrapbook paper and fabric I have! LOL!

Tracy, I remember you said you love Folgers's coffee. Me too, at least until last Christmas when my hubby gave me a Cuisinart brew and serve coffee maker that has a coffee grinder. I've been having fun trying out all the whole beans that are out there. Kona coffee from Hawaii is really good. I ordered it online as a treat last year. Now that autumn is here, the Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer is in the stores. Yummy!!

I missed the last contest, so I'm looking forward to the next one!

Time to run two teenagers to bed, so I leave you with this poem I remember from elementary school days:

~ HALLOWEEN ~

By Harry Behn

Tonight is the night
    When dead leaves fly
    Like witches on switches
    Across the sky,
    When elf and sprite
    Flit through the night
    On a moony sheen.

Tonight is the night
    When leaves make a sound
    Like a gnome in his home
    Under the ground,
    When spooks and trolls
    Creep out of holes
    Mossy and green.

Tonight is the night
    When pumpkins stare
    Through sheaves and leaves
    Everywhere,
    When ghouls and ghost
    And goblin host
    Dance round their queen.
    It's Halloween.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
    Three, four, better lock your door.
    Five, six, grab your crucifix.
    Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
    Nine, ten, never sleep again.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Good Morning all,

Dan I am glad you didn't post that last night or I might have had nightmares!!

I love all the Halloween poems. I am going to share them with my girl scout troop next meeting!!

I was cleaning up a few flower beds..and collecting seeds..yesterday. I finally got my rosemary in a pot to bring inside. It is a pretty big plant so I asked my husband to carry it inside for me. He gave me the funniest look. He said you want me to do what?!?! I calmly asked him again to carry in the plant and he continued to look at me like I was crazy...I guess he just doesn't get it!!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Whats not to Get?
    It is beautiful,and i bet it smells heavenly.I brought in 6 plants a few days ago,hope i can winter them over, never having done it before.
    The way your rosemary had grown, it almost looks "Halloweenie" :0)
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I thought that I might put ornaments on it at Christmas. I love Rosemary. I bought the plant on a whim this summer because I read that it would keep the cats away from your flower bed...HAHAHAHA. The cats did their business right next to it. I had no idea how good it smells (the rosemary) or how great it tastes (once again the rosemary)on potatoes. I have never wintered anything over either. I have a begonia that I am going to bring in also. Between bringing in plants and winter sowing I am going to be learning a lot this winter!!

Heidi

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Heidi, that rosemary looks delicious. I love rosemary. I know what you mean about the crazy look. I get those looks whenever I request help outside. Hehe. But he rarely says no. I have brought in about 20 plants so far and still have several brugs to bring in yet. Which will require his assistance.

After bringing in my plants I was unpleasantly surprised by a hugh wolf spider. EEE..YUCK!! Those things give me the creeps.

He was quickly removed from the house by my husband. Thank God he doesn't mind collecting them and putting them outside. This happens every fall.

Denise

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Ghould Morning everyone! Sorry I haven't posted the Giant Spider yet. I will do that today when I get back this afternoon! Promise! :O) We finally were getting around to some of the winter prep for the house yesterday. We hung a new door to the kitchen. The old door was very drafty and not very energy efficient. Now I don't have a terrible draft wafting over my feet when I walk past! Yippee!

Dan, I popped in here for a minute last night and loved your poem of the man who wasn't there! I read it to my son who is studying poems in English and he was delighted with it. He wants to bring it in and recite it for his class! It was the hit of the household last night!

OH! cAROL! You had me laughing out loud when I read your list of characters for Alana's game last nigh! OHMY Goodness! Hubby though I had lost my mind with all the laughter that was pouring out of me. :O)

Alana! Awesome game last night! I wouldn't have gotten half of those, I close my eyes and change channels quickly for the scary parts of movies. I am a big CHICKEN and hate horror flicks! (shudder!)

Heidi, Yep, folgers is the favorite around here these days. It used to be Maxwell House until it started tasting acidy to me. I have a small coffee grinder here that I use when I have a special brew fix. One of my favorites is a blend of pumpkin spice from the Coffee Beenery that used to be downtown. Oooooh it smells so good when it's brewing! The Cuisinart is such a nice machine! I had to choose between that and the de Longhi that I ended up getting. I was afraid of our hard well water being too rough on the cuisinart so went with this model instead. It has a slow brew feature that is great with specialty coffees. Yummo!

Gotta go! Little girl needs to be scrubbed before school in a little while. I'll chat with all of you when I get back.

Tracy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

At least one box has been mailed out already and the sender made me realize that it is probably not a good idea to post the DC number. One of you crafty ghouls with the day off could use it to see where it is going and figure out who it is coming to.
    Gotta stay one step ahead of you folks....a very difficult task.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I wish I could take credit for that poem, it's one of my favorites. It's written by William Hughes Mearns. Here's what wikipedia has to say about it...

Mearns is credited with the relatively well-known rhyme, composed in 1899 as a song for a play he had written, called The Psyco-ed. The play was performed in 1910 and the poem was first published as "Antigonish" in 1922. The poem also appears in the movie Identity starring John Cusack and Ray Liotta.

Yesterday upon the stair
    I saw a man who wasnt there
    He wasnt there again today
    Oh, how I wish hed go away
    When I came home last night at three
    The man was waiting there for me
    But when I looked around the hall
    I couldnt see him there at all!
    Go away, go away, dont you come back any more!
    Go away, go away, and please dont slam the door
    Last night I saw upon the stair
    A little man who wasnt there
    He wasnt there again today
    Oh, how I wish hed go away
    "Antigonish" (1899)

It's kind of creepy and cool at the same time, don't you think?

Heidi, the next time you bake chicken, rub some of that rosemary on it and leave a sprig on top while baking. That'll change some tunes around your house. My roommate cooks chicken like that, and there are never any leftovers when he does. Lol, even my two cats like it!

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

Whew! Oh the joy of high humidity and overcast skies. :) Finally came inside for something to drink after pulling weeds that have sprung up all over the yard from the recent rains. I can't believe how natural rainfall has caused all of my plants to more than double in growth! I have a gazillion four o'clocks, so if anyone wants some seeds, I have plenty!! Also found lots of chili piquins that were planted about the yard, courtesy of either the birds or the squirrels. Need any of those seeds, let me know!!

Tracy, I *love* pumpkin spice flavored coffee! I received several Starbucks cards last Christmas and I treated my self several times until they stopped carrying it. I love cinnamon, too, so I was glad to find cinnamon flavored creamer - Caribbean cinnamon cream, at the stores last week.

For those of you bringing in plants now (I don't have to do this until sometime in late Nov. or early Dec.), where are you putting them? We have at least three or four months of "it looks like a jungle in here!" due to someone that has too many plants to bring in .....wonder who that is.... :)
    Last year I fashioned several makeshift areas where I could just cover them up and leave them outside. Still had some inside, but just not as many. They predict we will have a colder, wetter winter down here, so I need to get started on something soon.

Cooled off and rehydrated and ready to head back outside to plant the mums, asters, bluebonnets and flowering kale I bought at the nursery. First I have to stop and clean up the mud tracked in by one of the dogs. We have one dog that hates to get her paws dirty and one that doesn't care how dirty her paws get. I'll check back in later to see if another game has been posted.

~Kathy

The Haunted House

There's a house upon the hilltop
    We will not go inside,
    For that is where the witches live,
    Where ghosts and goblins hide.
    Tonight they have their party,
    All the lights are burning bright,
    But oh we will not go inside
    The haunted house tonight.
    The demons there are whirling
    And the spirits swirl about.
    They sing their songs to Halloween.
    "Come join the fun," they shout.
    But we do not want to go there,
    So we run with all our might
    And oh we will not go inside
    The haunted house tonight.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Kathy I am glad you got a drink...I hate humidity! My weather is cool enough for a jacket, but if I am working I get hot!! What are chili piquins?? Gonna have to google that one. I am setting my plants around the house in just about every room!! I am quickly running out of room, and I hope that everything is going to get enough light. Also my little guy loves to dig. He came running into the kitchen the other day with brown all over the face...looked like chocolate. Nope it was dirt from my Wandering Jew. That poor, poor plant. Still hasn't recovered!!

I love pumpkin spice and cinnamon. I am actually into iced coffee, but in the winter it has to be hot!!

Dan I will try the rosemary and chicken.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
    Heidi

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Halloween jokes that are in bad taste, literally.

Why did the cannibal have a hangover?
    He went to a party and got stewed.

What is a cannibal's favorite food?
    Baked beings.

What did the cannibal make of her new friend?
    Dinner

What did the cannibal say to the explorer?
    Nice to meat you!

Why did the cannibal live on his own?
    He was fed up with other people.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I like that pumpkin picture! I may have to make a display for my porch like it. Here are a few riddles I found on the net today...

What is the favorite health insurance for Goblins, Ghosts and Monsters? Medi-Scare

What do goblins and ghosts drink when they're hot and thirsty on Halloween? Ghoul-aid

What is a Mummie's favorite type of music? Wrap

Why do demons and ghouls hang out together? Because demons are a ghouls best friend!

What's a monster's favorite bean? A human bean.

What do you call a witch who lives at the beach? A sand-witch.

Where does a ghost go on Saturday night? Anywhere where he can boo-gie.

Why did the game warden arrest the ghost? He didn't have a haunting license.

Why didn't the skeleton dance at the party? He had no body to dance with.

Where does Count Dracula usually eat his lunch? At the casketeria.

What happens when a ghost gets lost in the fog? He is mist.

Where did the goblin throw the football? Over the ghoul line.

Why is a ghost such a messy eater? Because he is always a goblin.

What is a vampires favorite holiday? Fangsgiving

What kind of makeup do ghosts wear? Mas-scare-a.

Who was the most famous ghost detective? Sherlock Moans.

Which building does Dracula visit in New York? The Vampire State Building.

Where do most werewolves live? In Howllywood, California

Where do most goblins live? In North and South Scarolina.

What do you get when you cross a pumpkin with a squash?
    A squashed pumpkin pie.

How can you tell when a vampire has been in a bakery? All the jelly has been sucked out of the jelly doughnuts.

What do ghosts drink at breakfast? Coffee with scream and sugar.

How much does a Pirate pay to get his ears pierced? A buck an ear.

What do the birds sing on Halloween? Twick or Tweet

What does a vampire fear most? Tooth decay

Where did the vampire open his savings account? At a blood bank

Where do mummies go for a swim? To the Dead Sea

Where does Dracula water ski? On Lake Erie

On what kind of street does the Mummy live? A DEAD END

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

LOL! Love those jokes!

Heidi, hope you googled chili piquin. You'll find that it is a small pea sized !!HOT!! pepper. They are red when they are ripe, green when they aren't ripe. They are supposed to be 6-7 times hotter than jalapenos, and I believe it. You have to wear gloves to pick them, because the acid or what ever it is, gets into your skin and if you rub your eyes, or even lick that yummy bbq sauce off your fingers hours later, oh man does it hurt!!

When I was a little kid - maybe 5 years old or so, one of the neighbor boys told me that the chili pequin plant growing in my mom's garden was......get this..... An M&M PLANT!! He told me those were red and green M&M's and to pick a bunch of them and eat them. Well, that's what I did and I'll never forget it! My mouth hurt so bad and at the time, no one knew to drink milk to "put out the fire", so my mom kept giving me water and I kept screaming. Needless to say, neighbor kid got a sound thrashing by his mom. That's the only funny thing about it!

Lots of people use them for salsa and chili dishes. I used to pick them for a couple of guys at work who just loved them. Even dug up the plant for one of the guys when I moved from my old house. They are all over the yard and I honestly don't think you can kill them, unless it is by overwatering.

~Kathy

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I googled them...They are so cute. Its hard to believe that they would be so hot. I would love to grow them, but my 3 year old eats everything. Funny story...This summer he kept eating our green grapes. He even convinced my in-laws to try some (they quickly spit them out)!! I kept telling him the grapes have to be purple. Well when the grapes finally turned purple he said they were yuck and wouldn't touch a single one...go figure.

I hope I am not repeating any of these...

What do you get when you cross a vampire and a snowman?
    Frostbite...

Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers?
    No, they eat the fingers separately...

What would a monster's psychiatrist be called?
    Shrinkenstein...

Off to music class with the kids. I will check in later tonight!!

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Has anyone shipped their box out yet? I will be shipping mine out tomorrow. I will post the DC# when I get back.

Denise

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Denise no posting DC# so we won't figure it out!!!

PER Alana she thinks we are too smart hehehe and we will figure out who is sending to who. (did I just sound like an owl??)LOL

Have a good night everyboby
    Carmen

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

aRE WE SUPPOSE TO SIGN OUR REAL NAME IN OUR BOX,OR JUST USE OUR GIVEN NAME?darn, i told you guys about my capitals,sorry,again,no yelling going on,just bad typing skills.
    cAROL

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Sorry:) I went back to read the directions and I thought I read that we were suppose to list DC#'s. I guess I must have misunderstood.

So am I suppose to put who it is from or am I suppose to put my new secret name?

Denise

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

LOL Denise, if it wasn't confusing it wouldn't be fun hehehe
    here is Alana's latest comand to her ghouls and 1 gent.

"At least one box has been mailed out already and the sender made me realize that it is probably not a good idea to post the DC number. One of you crafty ghouls with the day off could use it to see where it is going and figure out who it is coming to.
    Gotta stay one step ahead of you folks....a very difficult task."

Hugs, Carmen

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi all you scarry ghouls,bur,it is cold here.
    Ok,my box is ready to go,do i sign my name to the card(my real name) no name?,or,the name i was given,or all of the above?

Then do i post that i mailed,but no DC #,OR, do i mail the DC# to you Alana?

Enough questions,ha ha
    cAROL

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Ghouls.....

Checking in! Love the poems and jokes. I dare not offer you any jokes. I might get booted off GW for being a bad girl!

Annie

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Oh Annie,
    You are naughty.
    Can't you Find Something nice?
    Come on,give it a try."0)
    cAROL

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

y'know, when I was a teen-ager my mother told me all about bad girls.
    so I went out and found two of them! lol!

Annie, go ahead, post the jokes. Halloween is when you're supposed to be bad...

-Dan

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hope all can appreciate these!!!

10 Things That Sound Dirty On Halloween, But Aren't...

1. So...What'd you get in the sack?
    2. Once you get under the sheet, start moaning and groaning!!!
    3. Just hop on that broomstick and ride it!
    4. Those small suckers are gone in a few licks!
    5. I got the best piece from that house.
    6. Quit screwing around on the porch!!!
    7. Stick your hand in and guess what you're feeling....
    8. It was so filled and heavy, I had to use TWO hands!!
    9. They'll suck you dry if they get their teeth in you.
    10. I bobbed and bobbed, but couldn't get my mouth around it!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

HDIPERNA!!!!!!!!!!!,You are the naughty one!!!!!

A couple are invited to a Halloween party,she comes down with a headache,tells her hubby to go to the party any way,she is going to take some aspirin and go to bed.
    He says,"You know i never have any fun with out you"but she insists he go, so he grabs his costume,and out the door he goes.
    After sleeping a few hours, she awakens,and is feeling pretty good,being that it is still early,she decides to go to the party,and surprise her hubby,as he does not know what her costume is,she decides to tease him a little.
    She gets to the party,and low and behold, there he is on the dance floor,having a grand old time,even steeling a kiss now and then from a cutie.
    She Saunders onto the dance floor,and he spots her right away,as she is a beauty.
    They dance,and he holds her a little to tight,but,hey,it is her husband,so she lets him, he kisses her on the neck,and she allows that also,pretty soon, he whispers a little proposal into her ear,she agrees,and off they go to the parking lot.
    Just before midnight,and the unveiling of masks,she slipped away,and goes back home,puts her costume away,and is sitting up in bed reading when he comes in the door.
    She says"Honey,did you have a good time at the party?"
    He says,"Na, you know i never have a good time with out you,"she asks,"Well, did you dance much"?(wondering what in the world he is going to say now)
    He replies"I'll tell you honey"I never even danced one dance,not one",
    "When I got there,I met Bill ,Pete,and a few of the other guys,so we went into the den,and played poker all evening,but the guy i loaned my costume to,he sure had a good time all night.............bata boom!
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Wow where is everyone??? This place is dead!!

cAROL I like your funny story!!

Any one ever go seed swiping??? I stopped at my local park to see what was growing. I got lots of mystery seeds!!! More for the experiment of collecting viable seeds, then growing specific seeds. My brother (age 7)was with and kept asking me are we allowed to be doing this??? I ignored his question and asked if he found any more of those brown, round seeds ;oP

I will check in later to see if anyone has risen from the dead.
    Heidi

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

YEAH! I got my box today. It contained so much stuff. I received a crested iris, noid irises, a pack of wind flowers, chionodoxa, and neapolitanum and drumstick alliums. There were also some Tete Tete daffodils. And yet more, there weere also several packs of seeds from their garden and a hand towel. Oh and there was a rice crispy treat in the shape of a candy corn. I hope I didn't miss anything:)

Thank you so much for the great box. I love it.

Denise

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

It's been a long day and just when I thought I could relax, this happens

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Wow, that was so fast I missed it! Denise already received a fantastic box. Who sent it?

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I think Lisa sent it:) She didn't put a note or a return address but I figured who else lives in Teaksbury MA. I could be wrong though.

Denise

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Someone please,
    I would like to get my box mailed,do we add our screen name,real name,or halloween name,to our package?Or no name at all.
    What are the rest of you going to do?
    cAROL

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Ok girls, hang on, we'll get it worked out soon.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hey there kiddos, sorry I've been MIA. I did a bunch of shopping for my fellow ghoul. Here's what I plan on doing when it hits the mail on Monday: I will be putting a silly note in there from my secret identity along with a hint to who I really am. I figure that the person will definitely be able to figure out who I am by the clues that I leave to my ID.

How's that for a little suspense?

cAROL, do what would be fun for you. Make it silly and it will be a hit!

Denise! That is an awesome box that you got. I think it is safe to say that your sender was Lisa. Awesome!

All right, time for me to hit the hay.

Ghould Night!

Tracy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Carol, I'm going to sign my card with my secret identity and see if my person can figure out who sent it.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

cAROL I will probably put both my secret identity and real name.

Heidi

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great box Denise....now that is a darn good buried alive box of treats and treasures. Enjoy!

Annie

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Alana,
    I sent you an e mail.
    cAROL

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Ok,my special ghoul, I mailed your package this afternoon,keep checking your mail box, it's coming.
    Are you excited?
    cAROL

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Where is every one?
    Maybe you really have been buried alive.
    No fun,no games,nobody.
    Where is the scarry spider.
    Me thinks the body snachers got you all.
    cAROL

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I was too tired to check in yesterday but I don't appear to have missed anything.
    I was going to plant tulips today but a friend of mine called and instead it's going to be

I will be back tomorrow evening. Be scareful this weekend!
    Alana

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

***waving through the fog of sudafed at everyone***

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Helloooooooooo!

My box will be flying on Monday. I have all my ghoulish and garish treats ready for my creepy little friend. I am down with a cold right now and not feeling particularly silly or fun but am sure I will be much better tomorrow.

Dan, sorry you are feeling a little under the weather too. The kids brought some crud home from school and have low grade fevers. ick. School+children=incubators for germs!

Happy Tricking and Treating!

Tracy

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi y'all,
    Tracy,Heidi,Annie,cAROL,Alana and Mr. Dan the man!

I hate that some of you are feeling crudy,Oh the winter.

I'm waiting and lurking to see if my ghoulish monster will say somthing about itself that would help me fill it's box.
    But as fate would have noone is saying a whole lot.

I'm having a sicko weekend, I was driving home about 7:30 yesterday and just as I came around this huge lake I fell asleep at the wheel and and crashed into someones huge brick mail box and trashed their yard aaaand trashed out my beautiful van which I always try to park blocks away from everybody so I don't get any dings. WeLLLL I trashed the passenger side real good. I was ok but did I feel sick to my stomach. Can you imagine falling asleep at wheel in heavy trafic??? I was so lucky that no one got hurt.

I will be sending my box on Monday To my ghoulish secret friend. Look for your box to reach you about Wednesday.

HAHAHA everybody will be checking their mail,including me
    LOL

LOts of hugs and smiles
    Carmen

• smitties
    14 years ago

Sorry to see some of you are suffering various ailments. So far, so good at my house but it is scary knowing how much crud is going around. I am glad my kids are little anymore.

Carmen, I am so glad you are ok. How frightening was that to wake up to???? Someone was looking out over you.

It is cold, damp, and windy here. Not gardening weather at all. I had hoped to get out to harvest seeds too. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer but if this wind doesn't quit, I won't be able to try and get seeds cause they will blow away. Chances are the wind has already thrown some around as it is.

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Oh Carmen,That is just terriable news,you were so lucky,you,and no one else got hurt.
    And to cuunch up your van,ouch, i feel for you.You must have been very tired,were you close to home?
    Glad you were not hurt.

I know what you mean,I had a hard time finding something for my ghoulish monster too,no clues at all.
    Are you sending to me,well,are you?teehee
    You can bet i will be checking my mail box every day.
    Should we have posted a little about our selves do you think?I am new to this, so i hope i filled my box right.
    I am so excited!

So sorry every one is not felling well,school and children do = sick,all my grandchildren have had the crud.
    Hugs(with a face mask)to all of you.:0)(going in to wash my hands now)
    cAROL

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I will be mailing out my box on Monday to my ghoulish friend. I finally got it painted today, and after it dries out I'll be filling it up tomorrow. No wine though. I've been too scared to drive feeling this woozy and sleepy, so I wasn't able to go out and get it. I woke up this afternoon to find both cats under the covers with me. They make great babysitters!