SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkapeckopickldpepprz

brown crispy leaves or yellow leaves cause?

I have a few tomatoes not sure of the variety as they were grown from groceery store tomato seeds. Sprouted fine and were green for a while like this picture shown below.

These are the same plants started from seeds as the next pictures except they are grouped in a pot more densely and do drink a lot of water (2 x per day).

Anyhow the tomatoes in question are only 3 per pot but only have/had single tomatoes and the leaves look like they are dying/wilting. Here are the pictures and any advice would be great. What's puzzling is the tomatoes I have 5-6 tomatoes in have the same peat based potting mix blended with pine bark mulch and added nutrients like alfalfa pellets and fish emulsion fertilizer.

Here is a Beefmaster I bought last week in the same kind of soil mix and it is nice and green, but the above pictures were nice and green when they started out as well.

I will say all of them are in full sun and I am wondering if this is part of the problem. I tend to someone else's tomatoes that get full sun and are in Earthboxes and most are find except one box that is slowly dying and I just pruned it back and removed the green tomatoes as the stems were shrivelling up on them.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery