SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenmom2_gw

Do you fertilize your tomatoes and if so HOW ??

gardenmom2
14 years ago

Hi. I added a couple shovel fulls of mushroom compost/manure/peat moss that I mixed togethor into each hole at planting time. I am very excited this year as I started lots of plants from seeds. I thought they were done in by an early frost and pretty much all looked dead or were on the way there so I went to town and bought a few nice plants so I could at least have a few tomatoes to eat this summer. Anyway, all of my original heirloom babies that I thought were toast came out of it with fish emulsion and just plain old toughness LOL. Now they are bigger than the so called really nice plants that I bought in town. I have 37 plants now ( I am saving seed from many diff. varieties and plan on tasting many of these for the first time and can't wait). Anyway, I wanted to know if I should continue with the fish emulsion or use something else. I also water them about once a month with aquarium water. THe fish emulsion is usually every few weeks or so. Just want to get the biggest crop of tomatoes and don't want to goof and end up with lots of foliage and not many fruits.

Thanks for your help.

Nichol

Comments (20)