SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: New ! Spectacular Fall Fresh Seed Swap 2007 New !

godsgarden9
16 years ago

Welcome to the 2007 New ! Fall Fresh Seed Swap 2007 Seed Swap. This is the first swap I have done in over 2 years, but after Katrina, it took a while to regroup. We will offer alot of new seeds and each one will be given free seeds. Here are the details ...........

1) Sign on today. I will respond with the details.

2) Send as many packets of seeds you would like, but please send no more than 5 packets of the same variety.

You can send up to 300 packets of seed total.

3) Here are the perameters for the amount of seeds per packet.. If large 12+, medium 25+, small 50+, tiny 100+.

4)Send either a self addressed envelope or send a label and enough return postage to send your new seeds back to you.

5)You should send seeds fresh for 2007, so that we will be able to send fresh seeds back to you. If you have a wish list, you can either post it or send it to me, and I will do my best to fulfill your desires.

6) If you have category priorities you also can list, flowers, vegetables, mix batch, ornamental grasses, etc.

7)I will email you with where to send the seeds to. The seeds need to be in by November 31st, 2007. I will send the seeds back to you after that date, as soon as I can, some, I may send earlier.

8) So, welcome, sign on, you will be excited about all the goodies you get. Welcome old friends and welcome newbies.

Comments (125)

• cottageflowers
    16 years ago

Hello Willy, Just wanted to let you know I shipped my seeds out priority mail today. Thanks Jenny.

• greensingh
    16 years ago

Hi Willy
    My seed package is on the way as well.
    Cheers, greensingh

• Related Discussions

NEW: New Year & Spring Spectacular Seed Swap-2006

Q

Comments (96)
    My seeds have arrived, and like always, I'm very happy with the seeds I received. I already winter sowed some of them today. Thank you very much, Willy, and to everyone who participated. I'm absolutely delighted. Thanks again. : ) Treasa
    ...See More

NEW: Fall Harvest Fresh Seed Swap

Q

Comments (51)
    FYI: I received seeds today from: homegrownsc If you sent your seeds and you think they should have been received by now, PLMK. It's possible they may get here on Monday. I will be busy the next week sorting the seeds. I already have a few about ready to go out. All will be out by October 22. I would appreciate it if you could post here or send me an e-mail when you receive your seeds. Thanks everyone for participating in the swap. It's been a great learning experience for me. I'm having a lot of fun doing it...it's time consuming...but fun. I hope everyone is happy with their returned seeds.
    ...See More

NEW: New Spectacular Fall Seed Swap 2014

Q

Comments (119)
    I may be totally wrong but I think Willy is trying to put better packages together. When I see a post like sdambr , I'm thinking he saw my original post a long while back and is trying to make better packages. This would take a long while because he sells 1, 2,5 seeds so he would have to be repacking for a long time. I wouldn't worry about seeds, I have not heard of anyone saying they didn't ever get seeds, he is just slow... Lisa
    ...See More

NEW: New Spectacular Fresh Fall Seed Swap 2008

Q

Comments (137)
    27 people have posted they received theirs so far... I didn't go back and check but I think there were a lot more than that who signed up. Granted, not everybody comes back to post they received theirs. I also requested nothing back if it wasn't on my wants list, but just wondering if that's going to be the case - could you let me know, please, Willie? Thanks either way. :] Terri
    ...See More
  • dawiff
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let you know I mailed my package of seeds today.

Alison

• etravia
    16 years ago

All packed up & ready to go tomorrow.
    Thanks Willy!
    Maggie

• Julie
    16 years ago

Hey there!
    I wanted you to know that more seeds from MN are headed your way!
    Thanks Willi!

Julie

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I mailed my seeds today also..
    moonphase

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Mine are also on the way!

karen/kalena67

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

mine are on their way

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

Hi Willy,

I mailed mine to you yesterday. Thanks! - Lisa

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone,

My package will be going out in tomorrow's mail. Have fun!

Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• mnwsgal
    16 years ago

My seeds were mailed this morning.
    Bobbie

• limequilla
    16 years ago

I thought I'd better bump this up.

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just an update for all those that have sent their seeds in, most came in the last week, and I am still receiving a few packages, but am working busily to get them together, hopefully I will be starting to send them out by next weekend, thank you for your participation, and look forward to receiving all your goodies in time for Christmas, thanks again, Willy-godsgarden9.

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Most of you will receive your packages as I am sending a good batch out today. I will continue to work on the other packages, so hopefully all will receive your packages by New Years, thank you for your participation, and I will look forward to seeing you again the the
    Spring. Merry Christmas and Gods blessings to you and your families.. Willy.

• drippy
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas to you, too, Willy! And thank you for your willingness to host the swap!

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

Willy - Thanks for the update and thanks so very much for hosting. To do this magnitude of a swap during the Holiday's is not an easy process.

Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Sandy

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Ditto from me!

Merry Christmas!

LIme

• astilbebstillz6a
    16 years ago

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Merry Christmas everyone!!!Marylee

• elvira_z4
    16 years ago

Willy,
    YAA HOO!! Christmas is here, got my seeds in the mail today. What a wonderfull selection, don't know how you keep it all straight. You did a WONDERFULL job. Hope you can kick back and relax and enjoy the holidays. Thank you so much. Jan

• greensingh
    16 years ago

I just checked my mailbox after seeing Jan's post and guess what, my seed packet was waiting. This was my first ever successful swap and many thanks to you Willy. I was overwhelmed by the variety and the generous seed quantity in each packet. Happy holidays everyone. -Manny

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

• northforker
    16 years ago

What a "Santa" you are Willy! I was just about crumbled over with holiday stress when my hubby came in from the mailbox with my chubby envelope. Put a smile RIGHT back on my face! Food prep for 30 tomorrow night can wait - - I'm going to dive in my seed pack!

Thank you so so so much and have a blessed Christmas.
    Nancy

• lisa831
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone

• lisa831
    16 years ago

Receive my seed today, would like to thanks everyone for alot of different ones, and Thanks Willi for hosting. lisa

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Got my packet today - thanks for hosting and the GREAT selection of seeds

Merry Christmas!!

Linda

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

I am getting so excited reading that people are getting their seeds. I'm watching my mailbox!!

Sandy

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Happy Holidays, Everyone,

I received my seeds on Christmas Eve, which was a lovely present. I opened them Christmas night, and found some very nice things: Oriental poppies, Christmas tree seeds (how cute!), dianthus, feverfews, chocolate Joe Pye, etc. Thanks so much to Willy and all of the generous gardeners!!!

Merry Christmas,
    Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Hi Willy, What a Merry Christmas present!!! I received mine late on Christmas Eve, so I couldn't log on to say thank you right away, but I want to thank you for the great selection and the fun swap!

Lime

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

Well, I watched my mailbox today and low and behold my seed envy was delivered!!

Thanks Willy and everyone who sent seeds. I will be winter sowing some later this week and will be starting some of the perennials under the grow lights too!!

Happy sowing everyone
    Sandy

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Willy Merry Christmas!

Thank you so much for the lovely seed assortment, especially because I requested nothing in return!!!
    Bravo, some wonderful new plants to try!

• cottageflowers
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. My seeds arrived safely and what a thrill to go through them. Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful assortment of seeds and a special thanks to Willy who coordinated it all. Thanks for a wonderful year GWers!!!!! Happy New Year. Jenny.

• moonberry
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas Willy!
    I received my package this morning and wow! What an awesome present! Thank you everyone for the great seeds and Thank you Willy for all of your effort! The New Year's going to be beautiful!
    Mary

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

i hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and will have a very safe new years! my seeds arrived yesterday - thank you everyone, especially willy for hosting!

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

I received my seeds last Saturday, couldn't wait to open them, and was so pleased!! Thanks for hosting, and Thanks to everyone for such a fine selection of seeds!!
    Karen/kalena67

• ramazz
    16 years ago

I received my seeds today and have spent the evening looking up the ones I didn't recognize. Thanks, Willy and everyone who participated!

Becky
    ramazz

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

Hi Willy,
    I received my seeds - what a great Christmas gift! Thanks so much for all of your hard work. You sent me some great varieties! There were some I've never heard of and I can't wait to sit down and research them! Blessings to you and your loved ones this holiday season and in the coming new year! Thanks again! - Lisa

• etravia
    16 years ago

Hi Willy & everyone. My present arrived yesterday! There are some interesting varieties in there. Thank you all, especially our great host!
    Have a safe & happy New Year!
    Maggie

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

Got mine on Saturday! Going to be fun googling the varieties I am unfamiliar with. Thanks, Willy, for a smooth operation!

Meredith

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I still have not received mine.Is there any one else waiting? Maybe tomorrow...........
    moonphase

• drippy
    16 years ago

Yeah, Moonphase - but no worries - Willy is one of the all-time best swappers. Last year he started a swap just before the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in his area. Despite having to relocate for awhile, he pulled it off.

There were a LOT of signups for this swap, more than for TGS I think - and Willy doesn't have a pile of rules the way I do, LOL. He does a good job sorting, too - if I had to wait a year for my return seeds (which I know I won't!), they'd be worth waiting for.

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just a note... I still am finishing the last of the packages, these are the largest packages, so take more time, to provide the best assortment, hopefully within a week the last of the packages will be out, thanks for your patience, and your participation. Will hopefully see many of you again in the spring.. have a blest 2008, Willy-godsgarden9.

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

mine came just before I left for vac. I just got back and haven't really had time to go thru it yet. looks pretty good though!!

thanks!
    Barbi

• astilbebstillz6a
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I received my seed package today. Thanks to you all for the wonderful varieties! And a special thanks to you Willy for hosting! Hope you all have a Blessed year!...Marylee

• Julie
    16 years ago

Hey there Moonphase-
    I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in not receiving seeds from Willy yet- I too am patiently waiting for their arrival in my mail box. I sent in a bunch of seeds and asked for far less back- and I hope he reads this here post cuz I really do not want as many back as I sent in!!
    It is a HUGE swap and a HUGE amount of time is spent sorting seeds! I hosted a much smaller swap- and it took about 50 man hours of sorting to get through it all! I know how much work it is- and am hoping Willi is taking some time to enjoying himself- even with working so hard to get through them all!
    I am choosing to look at this way- as with most things in life- the best things are worth waiting for!
    Hope it helps to know- you are not waiting all alone....

Julie

• moonphase
    16 years ago

After reading Willys post,I just had a big sigh of relief.He is still working on some,so mine is probably sitting happily in LA,getting filled with lots of good goodies.Drippy,I didn't have a single worry about Willy .I do worry about lost seeds or delayed seeds.I had a trade that I sent out in Oct. and she received them 1 month later.Then I sent seeds to another trader and right before I was going to have to send replacement seeds,she got them.My mail has been crazy for some reason,so when I think my seeds are on the way,I start pacing,lol.
    I will surely be in Willys spring swap.All the swaps I have been in have just been way above awesome this year.Now,have to go get busy and pack up some more theme seeds.:-)
    moonphase

• andreab
    16 years ago

I received my seeds right before Christmas and was so excited to get them! I've finally had a chance to sort through them all and do some research and am so happy with my loot!

Thank you so much!!!

• drippy
    16 years ago

Wowee! What a great selection arrived in my mailbox today - Willy, how do you do it? Just when I think I have everything, I get some gorgeous new varieties to try - and yep, I had to go look some of them up, too. Whoopee! I am doing the happy dance here.

Next year, I'd like an additional 10 acres of planting space...

:) God bless you, Willy!

• Julie
    16 years ago

Hi there Willy!
    I received my familiar envelope back in the mail today, with many new seed packets inside!! There are so many new wonders inside that envie- just waiting for me to discover them! Thank you so much for the very nice selection of seeds-
    I do hope you had some fun going through them- just as I will!

Thanks much for the great seeds- Willy and everyone!

Julie

• mnwsgal
    16 years ago

My seed package arrived in today's mail. Thanks to everyone for the great seeds and to Willy for hosting. I am still sorting and recording and see many new to me seeds.

This is the last of my big seed trades and soon I will be choosing the seeds that I will use for this years wintersowing.

Bobbie

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Did everyone get your seeds?I hope so.Mine got lost in the mail somewhere,I guess,but it is all ok.I have been in several swaps with alot of you here so,Have some seeds,Of course,I will always wonder what great seeds got sent to me,,o boo hoo,JKing..Maybe they will find their way here this week...send some positive thoughts to help get my seed in the right location,please.What are a few of the most awesome ones did you receive?
    moonphase