SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

finally, bold miss piggy pics and others

littleonefb
16 years ago

Here we go, pic of Bold Miss Piggy, thanks Arum, she's beautiful. Large dark pink, almost a dark pink magenta. My camera does show the color lighter than it really is and the flower is 5 inches in this pic. First bloom was 4 inches, second one 6 inches this is the third bloom. Just love it.

{{gwi:423135}}

This is the 4 inch first bloom

{{gwi:1346011}}

Emma's Gift

{{gwi:423131}}

This one was supposed to be red picotee. Seeds came from my plant from last year. Don't know what happened as I didn't grow an MG that looked like this last year and didn't sow any this year. Anyway, I love this one too.

{{gwi:423133}}

{{gwi:423134}}

Another unknown blooming MG. Seeds from Maisugata that I grew last year. Again, didn't grow any MG last year or sowed any this year that look like this one. It is really dark purple. Can't figure out why the camera turns the color different from the real color

{{gwi:423138}}

The strangest morning glory ever. This one is from seeds that I grew last year. the seeds where from a trade and labeled "light blue star" and was supposed to be a smaller, but identical flower to the large light blue star.

Anyway, I grew it on my arbor in the front yard. The vine grew well, but kept getting chewed off by chipmunks. Finally the vine grew tall and started to bloom a very small PALE PINK FLOWER. One day found the vine had been chewed off again by chipmunks, down by the ground. The stem on the vine was covered in buds. The buds kept blooming for over a month unatached to the root ball in the ground!!!!! A very bizzare sight to see. Collected ripe seeds from the pods and decided to grow this one in a pot to be able to carefully see how it would grow in soil and half thought it wouldn't bloom because it hadn't been attacked. Oh, what a beauty this one is and, you guessed it, it isn't blooming a small blue star flower this time either. It does change color a bit during the day.

First thing in the early morning. A real light blue tinge to the flower.

center>

{{gwi:423132}}

Midday, beginning to take on more of a lavender color.

Mid afternoon, around 3pm, still blooming but more lavender now than blue. The flower is gone by, by 5pm

My big surprise. Was supposed to be large flower lavender/violet with white edges. Turned out to be a lavender moon vine. Love the color, my camera is having trouble getting a good pick of the color. This is the best I've been able to do. Flowers start to open around 3-4pm

{{gwi:423136}}

Fran

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County