SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladon_gw

Ok...Here we go again! Leaf problems...

ladon
12 years ago

It happens every year.... My plants look great, they are producing nicely, and then BOOM! They all get hit with some sort of tomato ugliness and in a matter of weeks they look like crap. I was so proud of my plants this year, and thought I was going to skate by without the usual troubles, but...well... I guess it's just par for the course. Anyway, I'm frustrated, but wondering if anyone has some good suggestions to keep curtail the spread of whatever you think this may be. At first I thought it was powdery mildew, then I saw the brown circular spots and thought early blight, but now one of my plants is getting curled leaves and a sort of rusty looking discoloration. So in my effort to avoid the decimation I had last year, about a week ago I went against my instincts and gave them a spray of...ok, I'm admiting it... daconil. There, I said it! I just didn't want the same issues that I had in past years that I tried to treat with more benign solutions (Neem oil, sulfur, Serenade). None of them really worked completely in the past! So this year I went for the nasty big guns and used some daconil. Then I felt horribly guilty and the following week I retreated back to Neem oil. Well, I don't know if I just made things worse, but now a bunch of my plants are just looking super crappy and I'm not sure what the next step is. I'm including some photos. There seem to be different issues with different plants, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Before...

Rusty Discoloration?

Blight?

Comments (10)