SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crsled76

Trumpet Vine Question

crsled76
11 years ago

I planted two trumpet vines in clay pots on both sides of my 2 level deck. This is the 2nd summer I have had them. During a recent inspection of the plants (bc they weren't blooming) I noticed that the root system established into the ground through the bottom hole of the pot. After reading a bunch of horrible stories about these vines taking over everything (which i didnt know before planting) and noticing the vine embedding itself into the wood posts of my deck I decided to remove it. I live in a townhouse and by no means want this thing ruining anyone's structure. I was able to pull up what I assume is most of the root system. There were areas where it was thin but spread far. I dug down to trace roots that broke off and they kept breaking so I'm now unsure what to do or if it will even come back. I only had one vine spring up where it wasn't supposed to over the past 2 years but even though it's only been a short time and it was in a pot I'm concerned about it coming back. Any advice would be welcome.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting