SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

NEW: Seeds-n-Stitches Boomerang Swap (part 2)

dan_the_mailman
12 years ago

Okay gang, here it is. Part 2 of the Boomerang means that, once you've received your package of charms from your partner, you'll be making them an unfinished 12.5"x12.5" block. You'll be including in this block one of the charms they sent to you. Here are some choices for you to use as the block you make. They're from quilters cache, and may require a modification or two, but I think we can all make them. Have fun!

First choice: Union Squares http://quilterscache.com/U/UnionSquaresBlock.html

Second choice: Tulip Lady Fingers

http://quilterscache.com/T/TulipLadyFingersBlock.html

Third Choice: Your Choice Variation of the 9-Patch Block

Make up your own block pattern. It can be anything based on the basic 9-patch block, BUT it cannot be the 9-Patch Block. It must be a variation. Get creative, take and post pictures, and HAVE FUN!!!

Remember, you will be sending one block to each person who sent you charms in the first half of this swap, hosted by Bev. If you have questions or concerns, let me know. Let's get these blocks out by the 19th of September, okay?

thanks!

Dan

Comments (48)

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

decisions, decisions, decisions.....

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Oooh....

• Related Discussions

NEW: February 2012 Seeds-N-Stitches Fabric Quarter Swap

Q

Comments (109)
    Dan, Linda, I am not sure how soon I need to start a new thread like a 2nd thread for this month's swap posts. If you know of when I should do this please let me know. Here is how our swapping is going so far: Serenity_lane_ga (Amy) mails to Sharon first - received then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga - received Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - mailed then Linda mails to Lorrilynngardens Bev mails to Sandra - received Michelle mails to Bev - received Sandra mails to Michelle - received I want to encourage everyone to do a GardenWeb Rate & Review post once you have received your package from your partner. I put a link at the bottom of this post for the GW R&R's page. Some of our members do not yet have a Rate & Review post so this would probably help them with their trading here on GW. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :-) Best to you, Sandra Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb Rate & Review
    ...See More

NEW: Seeds-n-Stitches March Swap 2011

Q

Comments (85)
    I think all the blocks have been mailed by now Sandra, but we all need to remember to post that we've received them when they arrive, hopefully with either pictures or a description. That way we all know that they aren't wandering around somewhere within the mail, which does happen from time to time. Cindy's mailed mine out with the others, I'm sure, but it hasn't arrived yet. As soon as it gets here, I'll post about it, letting her know it's here. When I send out blocks I start looking for postings that they've arrived. Until I see those posts, I'm left wondering, know what I mean? This is probably something we all start thinking about, making sure those arrival posts are done in a timely manner, y'know?
    ...See More

NEW: Seeds-n-Stitches Mug Rug (May Swap)

Q

Comments (89)
    Dan, you are right, those mug rugs from Melissa are fantastic! I took the short class on Cotton Theory today. I am always happy to learn something new, but I doubt I will get hooked on this technique. It's one of the quilt-as-you-go things and as you join sections of it, you get these little seams that are loose and need to fold them towards the center by doubling them over and then use a wide stitch to catch both sides. With the fabric and batting in there, it gets really thick and to me, it's easier to just quilt the regular way than to go through all that to attach the sections. I might try it one day with larger seams and less batting and see what I think of it that way. LOL Here's a short explanation that I found about it online in case anyone is interested in reading about it. http://www.quiltyard.com/whatiscottontheory.phtml My initial thought was it was cotton theory because you use cotton fabric, but it turns out Cotton is the last name of the quilter who teaches this method. Time for a swap update: sandlapper_rose will send to quiltingfox (received) quilting fox will send to bev2009 (received) bev2009 will send to sandlapper_rose (received) hazelnutbunny will send to dan_the_mailman (received) dan_the_mailman will send to lindaruzicka (received) lindaruzicka will send to gmom2-6boys ** gmom2-6 boys will send to hazelnutbunny (received) ** I believe this has been mailed. Can you confirm that, Linda? I think gmom is traveling, so it may also have been delivered. If I hear back from Linda that it has been mailed, that completes our swap. Great job getting these completed and mailed. They all turned out so great, too! Give yourselves a round of applause. Jeanne
    ...See More

new: new:: seed-n-stitch august's wild and crazy charms

Q

Comments (51)
    Linda, Your charms will go out tomorrow from the PO. I forgot to put the note in before I taped it up. Please send me you correct addy. I seem to have something different from what is on the evenlope. Sandra, You keep the charms I sent to you by mistake. Call it a Suprise treat. Last night I had a CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE IN A CUP. Has anyone done this. What a great idea if you don't want sweets sitting around the house. Didn't taste bad. Have a great day. gmom
    ...See More
  • hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Yep, I plan on boomeranging! :)

• gmom2-6boys
    12 years ago

Yes, I'm in on this.
    Sharon

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, assuming that Linda and Bev are going to boomerang too, here's the list of boomerangers...!
    Dan/me sends to Bev, Linda, and Melissa
    Bev sends to Dan, Melissa, and Sharon
    Linda sends to Dan, Bev, and Sharon
    Melissa sends to Dan, Linda, and Sharon
    Sharon sends to Bev, Melissa, and Linda

Feel free to boomerang your quilt blocks as soon as you can after you receive your charms. When you've sent them out, please post here so we can keep track of where we are in this swap. THANKS!!!

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

oh, yes, I'm boomeranging!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Of course I am boomeranging :) can't wait!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I received my charms from Bev, and while reading her questions, I had an idea. For part of the 2nd portion of the boomerang swap, how about posting the questions you've been asked, and your answers? That way, we can all learn more about one another at the same time. Once I've received my charms from Linda and have her questions for me, I'll be posting my 9 questions and answers. Hopefully you all will join me!
    Have a safe and happy weekend!
    Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Sounds good, Dan! :)

• gmom2-6boys
    12 years ago

What a great idea, Dan I will be able to take part in this as we will have the lap top with us.
    sharon

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm finding out that organization is THE key to a lone star quilt...lol! I've never made one before, but I've started one this weekend. I broke out my new quilting book, the one I bought because the directions were clearly written and it had a lot of pictures for the different steps in making a LSQ, and I'm taking it step by step. So far I've chosen 19 fabrics (instead of the 9 in the pattern) and cut out and organized all the various strips. The directions used 2" strips, so of course I made them 3 inches...lol! The directions are for a 46" squared quilt, but I've no idea how huge mine will be. I'm thinking it's going to be a queen or king-sized quilt by the time I'm done. I've got the various fabric strips organized in their groups to make the strip blocks, and I've marked each of them so I can stagger them when sewing so I don't waste a lot of material. Next on the menu will be to sew the 10 different blocks, cut them into 3" wide strips, re-organize them, and then sew them into the 8 diamonds I'll need to put the star together. While getting everything organized, I put the strips for each block into a baggie and numbered it 1 through 10 so I can keep them organized. They are now in a bag sitting on my sewing desk, waiting for me to begin sewing. I'm getting the same feeling about this one that I had when I made my bargello quilt years ago. It's taking more work than I'd planned on, but it's gonna be one to be proud of when it's finished, and I'm thinking of a lot of variations I can do once I've got this method mastered. And if I can't master it with a quilt this size, then I never will...lol! I don't think I have to worry about that happening by the end, do you?
    Talk to you all later!
    Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Dan~ I have your block ready to go. I'll have it out as soon as I can!

• gmom2-6boys
    12 years ago

I posted this message on the part one. So here it is again.

Bev & Melissa, Catch your boomerange as it comes by. They were pitched today at the post office.

Linda, If I get your charms before Friday it will be returned right away. Otherwise I won't see them until October.

Have a great evening everyone!
    gmom
    Sharon

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Dan, your block went out today. Hope you like it! :)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kewl! I've been looking forward to seeing what you did!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Sharon~ Your block is finished and will be flying out tomorrow. Hope you like it! :)

• bev2009
    12 years ago

All my blocks are done, so I should be sending them back tomorrow. I had fabric that I think worked nicely for everyone without buying anymore. I hope you all like them. I'll be answering my questions shortly.

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow Bev! Color me impressed! I've got my block choice picked out and am waiting to receive charms from Linda before making my blocks. It'll be easier to do all three at the same time. I'm hoping to send them out on Monday.
    I'm looking forward to hearing all the questions and answers!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey, guess what! I received my charms from Linda today... woo-hoo! Linda, how is it that you knew I've been pondering doing some blocks with a little bit of a "retro" look to them? These are so cool! Thank you!
    I think tonight I just might start figuring out which block to make for everyone. I need to do some relaxing this evening (and there's no way I care to watch Obama tell the nation tonight how he's going to screw up our country even more) so I'm going to get out my scratch pad and do some designing. Lol, yep, I'm going to do a variation on the 9-patch block, so Linda, Bev, and Melissa, there's no way you'll have any idea of what you're getting back until it gets there...muhahahahaaaaa!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

You're designing your own? I'm way impressed. Can't wait to see what it is.

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I was charmed by Linda today! Yay! :) Love the charms & great questions!
    Linda~ I'll work on your block on Sunday & get it out to you on Monday. :)

I also received a great block from Sharon today! She did the "lady tulip fingers" and it looks wonderful! Thanks, Sharon! Also love your answers to the questions!

I'll post a picture of the blocks when I receive from everyone. :)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I had to go digging for Melissa's envelope because I'd put it in a safe place. So safe, as a matter of fact, that I couldn't find it when I wanted it! Well, now I've got all 3 envelopes in front of me, so I'm going to post my questions and answers NOW in case they decide to take a walk again...

From Melissa:
    1- If you could teach anyone to quilt, who would it be, and why? I think I would like to teach Anne Burrell, the chef from the food network. I think she'd be a lot of fun to spend some time with, and even though I'm comfortable with my cooking skills, I'd like to teach her how to quilt, and then she could teach me some tricks to use in the kitchen.

2- If you could cook dinner for anyone, who would it be and why? This one's super easy. I'd like to cook for Paula just one more time. I miss her.

3- What was the best GW swap you've been in, and why? I think I like the swaps where Bump and Stella have "hosted" best. It's always fun to see all the pet pictures and hear what they're doing to their "masters"...lol!

From Bev:
    1- How old were you when you learned to sew? I was about 11 or 12, and my mother taught me how to darn my socks because I kept wearing holes into the toes, and it was cheaper to repair them than buy new ones.

2- What do you like to do besides quilting and gardening?
    Music! Whether I'm listening to it, mixing it, or creating my own, it's all a lot of fun! And yes, I said creating it. I like to make music on my computer. I don't use a lot of vocals, but sometimes I do supply my own voice. I'm pretty heavy on the percussion, but I do enjoy making a dance tune once in a while. My genre? Electronica. I do listen to most genres though, especially 80s hair bands.

3- What's your most ambitious project you would like to quilt? Well, I've done a bargello quilt once already, and would like to do another one eventually. But right now I'm working on making a lone star quilt. I've always been a bit timid when it comes to those, but I've always wanted to make one, so I started cutting last weekend.

From Linda:
    1- What was the first item you ever sewed and how did it turn out? I was about 11 or 12, and my mother taught me how to darn my socks because I kept wearing holes into the toes, and it was cheaper to repair them than buy new ones. They turned out okay, but I was glad when I could afford new socks and didn't have to wear the "fixed" ones anymore!

2- What is your fondest memory of sewing? I have a lot of these, but I think my favorite memory would have to be going through my grandmothers' leftovers with my mother. There were partial blocks, finished blocks, and cut pieces, and Mom had something to say about each of them. I never knew my grandmother because she died when I was a toddler, but that night, all 3 generations were in the room, and I didn't feel so rootless.

3- What's your favorite block pattern or quilt pattern? I don't know that I actually have a "favorite" because I'm still finding new patterns I want to try out. The one I've thought of for the longest time is the lone star quilt. I love the artistry of bargello quilts. And I'm getting more and more curiouser (lol) about picture quilting.

Okay, so who's next to answer and post their questions???

Have a lovely weekend!
    Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Melissa, I don't know if I want to use this block in a quilt, or frame it to hang above my sewing desk as inspiration. It's beautiful! Thank you!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

You're welcome, Dan! Glad you like it. :)

Ok, here's my 2nd shot at answering my questions. I had it all typed up before, but a little monkey climbed on my lap and hit the magical, mystical delete all button. *sigh* Don't know how they find that button everytime!! :P

Questions from DAN:
    1~ Is there a block pattern you'd like to try but haven't yet?
    Yes....I'd like to try the Dresdren Plate pattern, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to try round cuts! I'm sure it's easier than I"m imagining. And someday, I"ll give it a go.
    2~ Do you subscribe to any sewing magazines?
    No, but I'd like to!
    3~ What is your favorite quilt block pattern?
    I don't really have a FAVORITE, I don't think I've made the same quilt twice. I've tried out a different block pattern each time or a variation on each.

QUESTIONS FROM SHARON:
    1~ Why are you in this swap/ Is it everything you hoped for?
    I enjoy this swap (the seeds n stitches group!) because I love quilting, trying new patterns and sharing information & tips with each other. It's a great group of folks & so much fun every month!
    2~Have you ever taught anyone to quilt? Who & why?
    Not really, other than my kids. They've watched me & my 2nd son became interested in it. So I've taught him & 2 of my daughters to sew, but not really quilting yet.
    3~What is the best quilt you ever made? What did you do with it?
    The best quilt I've ever made was one that I made for my nephew, using the 3-d pinwheel pattern. I loved the way it turned out.

Questions from Linda:
    1~ What was the first item you ever sewed & how did it turn out?
    The first thing I ever sewed was in 8th grade home-ec. It was a long sleeved, v-neck dress with a gored skirt. It didn't turn out so great because my mom skimped on fabric (bought some really ugly polyester stuff!) and it was difficult to sew. I think I got a D. :P
    2~ What is your fondest memory of sewing?
    I think it'd have to be when I got my sewing machine. It was a birthday present from my hubby & kids. My youngest son was 5, and he wrote a note that said.."happy birthday, mamma. now go make us some clothes."
    3~ What's your favorite pattern or quilt pattern?
    Again, I don't really have a favorite. Just like to try new patterns & see how they turn out! :)

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Miss Linda~ Your block is finished & will be flying your way tomorrow! :)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

***sewing my blocks now and will be mailing them out in the morning...***

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

***blocks are now sewn, each one differently, and in their envies waiting for me to take them to the post office***

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bev, I received your quilt block today, and it's beautiful! It's going to make a great companion piece to Melissa's qb on my wall. Did you two coordinate with one another? THANK YOU!
    Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!color>size>

I know it's early, but just wanted you to know I remembered! :D

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

YES, it's almost Dan's birthday! "whistling and throwing confetti"

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Got home from my weekend away and a LOVELY block from Sharon had arrived. Dan, I'm in your boat. I have Sharon's questions, but assume the other two are upstairs in my sewing room. I'll check tomorrow and get them answered. I didn't send answers, because I wan't to get them in the mail.

And I guess a Very Happy Birthday is in order, Dan. Enjoy!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I received a great block from Bev today! She did the tulip lady fingers as well, and it looks GREAT with Sharon's block! :)
    Thank you, Bev!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know, I've been thinking about the October swap, and I think I've most, if not all, of the details nailed down. I'm hoping to get it posted this weekend.
    If you're heading to the fabric store before then, it would be good to get some black on black fabric... muhahahaaaa!

-Dan

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Youzer! Today I received Dan's creation. Love the colors and pattern you created. Thanks! And here are the answers to my questions...

From Melissa:
    1) If I could teach anyone to quilt, who would it be and why? I would teach my daughter Sarah to quilt if I could. She is totally lacking the crafty gene in her DNA, but I know she would love the camaraderie of doing something crafty with me.

2) If you could cook dinner for anyone, who would it be and why? Judy Dench. I watch an episode of "As Time Goes By" almost every night to relax me before I go to bed. I like watching her in almost everything she does and I think we would have a great time talking.

3) What was the best GW swap I have been in and why? There is one called "WLOMWL" what's left on my wish list. I got almost off the seeds I was looking for last year.

Questions from Dan:
    1) Is there a block pattern you want to try, but haven't yet? I haven't quilted enough yet to get hooked on any pattern in particular. I'm still excited about each one I try.

2) What sewing magazines do you subscribe to? I don't subscribe to any. The library is only a few blocks away and I love to go there and read for an afternoon.

3) What is your favorite quilt block pattern? Dresden plate and this is an excuse to finally post a picture of ny one and only quilt. (Which I will take as soon as I am done with this post.)

From Sharon:
    1) Have you ever taught anyone to quilt? Who and why? Not really. My sewing inspired my sister to make a quilt and she wasn't a sewer.

2) Why did you join the stitches and seeds swap? I've only made the one quilt and actually it was pieced years ago. I wanted to get back into quilting and figured being forced to make something each month would do the trick...and it has.

3) What is the best quilt you ever made? If any, did you keep it or give it away. I've only made the one small table topper and the matching wall hanging, which I will post pictures of shortly.

Thanks for the questions everyone. I really enjoyed it.

Sharon, if you are not going to post the answers to your questions I sent you, can I? I thought they were very interesting.

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Here is the table topper I used for a number of years before I hung it on the wall. You can see a circle of rust where a lamp had rusted onto it.

And here is the matching wallhanging that I pieced years and years ago and then finally finished about 4 year ago.

{{gwi:1298315}}

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bev, great work on the table topper and wall-hanging!
    I had to chuckle to myself looking at them though because I now know some of the names for a few of those blocks you used! I recognize the Dresden, Nine-Patch, and Split Rail. Is the block in the middle of the wall-hanging a bear claw? Or a tulip block? And the blocks with the tulips, are those appliqued? Lol, my grandmothers would be freaking out AND proud of me at the same time!

I'm glad you liked the block I made! It was a lot of fun to make up an original pattern (I've not seen it anywhere else anyway) and share it.

Interesting answers to your questions too! I didn't even know who Judy Dench was until she started playing M in the Bond movies, but since then I've found a lot of her work, and she's great! I think she'd be an enjoyable and easy-t-get-along-with person to know.

Have a good night everyone!
    Dan

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Great call on the blocks, Dan, Yes, the middle block is Bear's Claw. The tulip block is actually hearts and yes it is appliqued. I love doing applique, although this is all I've ever done. The dark squares are burgundy flowered, although they look almost black in the photo.

• gmom2-6boys
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I'm outside of Yellowstone today. If each of you would post your questions for mr that would be great because I left them in Michigan. Linda if your block needed more postage just let me know and I'll send more when I get home.
    Have a great day!
    Happy Birthday Dan!
    Sharon

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

I received my block from Melissa..it's so pretty! I love the color combo's and I think it's a varigated 9 block. I will be working on mine tomorrow and get them out. I think I"m going into hiding tomorrow to do them..LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I received a block from Dan today! It's so creative & fun! Just like Dan! :)
    Now that I've got all 3 blocks, I'll post a pic. Just as soon as I can remember my photobucket password. *grumble grumble*

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Our little town had its Wizard of Oz festival this weekend where 80,000 people come, including people from around the world. I enjoyed the parade on Saturday, sitting in the sun in lovely weather. Ahhhh....I wish I could relax like that all the time, but sort of a Type A personality here.

Here are the questions I sent Sharon and she replied to...
    1) How old were you when you learned to sew.
    I started about 6 with paper dolls. About 8 with corn husk dolls and 10 with needle and thread. By 12 I was making and designing my own clothes.

2) Who taught you?
    My mother taught me to thread a needle. She did not sew. So you could say I was self taught.

3) What do you like to do other than gardening and quilting?
    Cooking the food I grow, trying new food and taking trips. Playing with the grand children...7 boys ages 6 months to 14 years.

Thanks, Sharon. It's nice to get to know everyone a little more.

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

I received Blocks from Sharon and Dan. sharon made the tulip block with creams, oranges, and leafy print. It's really pretty. Dan made what looks like a minature quilt. It's done in greens, yellows, oranges and blues. Definately an original! Thanks to both of you!

I have finished Bev's, Sharon's and Dan's blocks. They'll be going out in tomorrow's mail. I'll post answers to the questions I received on the next post.

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

Bev asked me:
    1. How old was I when I learned to sew? I think I was about 13..ummm..which would have been quite a bit ago..LOL
    2. Who taught me to sew? Well, I learned in HOme Ec and then didn't sew for years. I started back up in my 20's and then sewed off and on for years.
    3. What do I have on my "bucket list" that I would still like to do? I would love to visit Ireland and that is my ultimate dream!! My great grandmother came from County Cork.

Questions from Sharon:
    !. Why am I in this swap? Is it everything I hoped for? Well, I'm in this swap because Dan threatened me with pins and needles! Actually I really enjoy these swaps and look forward to them each month. I always enjoy seeing what other people send me.
    2.Have you ever taught anyone to quilt? Who and why? The only person I have taught to quilt is myself. I wanted to learn because I have a quilt top that is almost completed by my grandmother and great aunt. Both are gone now and I would love to finish and display it.
    3. What is the best quilt I ever made? what did you do with it? So far I only finished one quilt. It was a lap quilt that I made for our family reunion this year and my mother won it!

From Dan:
    Is there a block pattern I'd like to try but haven't yet? I would love to try the Dresden pattern but I don't feel confident enough yet.
    2. What sewing magazines do you subscribe to? I've just subscribed to two but I can't remember their names.LOL!!
    3. What is your favorite quilt block pattern? Well I like this tulip one I just worked on. I think each one I do is my favorite till I try another one.

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

For Sharon from Linda:
    1- What was the first item you ever sewed and how did it turn out?

2- What is your fondest memory of sewing?

3- What's your favorite block pattern or quilt pattern?

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Linda, I received your beautiful square today. I love it! The colors go perfectly together. Thanks. I love pictures, so here are the ones I received and the ones I sent. I hope I have them labeled correctly, because you know my memory by now.

From Sharon:{{gwi:1298317}}

From Linda:
    {{gwi:1298319}}

From Dan:
    {{gwi:1298320}}

To Sharon:
    {{gwi:1298322}}

To Dan:
    {{gwi:1298324}}

To Melissa:
    {{gwi:1298326}}

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

Bev, I was going to do the dark color in pink but I didn't have enough but I think I actually like the dark better!..LOL!!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Me too!

• gmom2-6boys
    12 years ago

I'm home, as of today! Wonderful trip. We saw so many beautiful places. 8 states and 8,000 miles. Yes, I want to do it again next year. Washington, Oregon, and California. But will fly and rent a car. I've seen what I want between here and there.

OK! For the questions I tried to post while I was gone.
    Questions from Linda: #1. What was the first item I ever sewed and how did it turn out. At 6 I worked with paper dolls. At 8 I worked with corn husk dolls. At 10 I was making my own cloths. I came from a family of 6 boys and no girls. Back then everything was about hand me downs. So the only way I got anything new was to make it. I got 1 outfit for school and 1 pair of shoes. My parents had no money. So I learned quickly if I could recycle I could have some things. Skirts were very easy as first items.

#2 What is your fondest memory of sewing? Me and my girl friend sitting in front yard under a tree sewing our cloths.

#3 What is your favorite block or quilt pattern? I don't have any one pattern. I like them all. I try to do a different block each time I do a new project. I do like sampler quilts very much!

Linda, Congratulations on the master program.

Lets hope this goes out.
    Sharon.