SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_in_tx

Helping a friend with a problem flower bed (2 pics)

brenda_in_tx
16 years ago

I have a dear friend who has struggled and struggled with her front flower bed and I told her I would post her problem flower bed her and ask the wise members of this forum for advance. The following is from her -

It doesnÂt show but this flower bed has had almost every flower imaginable in it in the last 10 years. The problem is that it gets a lot of shade until the end of the day and then gets blasted with sunshine because our house faces west. We donÂt want to cut down our trees because they provide wonderful shade for the front of the house. The flower bed has two hydrangeas that do great at the back of the bed on each side of the flowerbed. I want perennial plants that will be evergreen and will stand up to the occasional neighborhood child or stray pet running through it. In the past I wanted blooming plants but at this point I will be happy with anything that is green year-round. My latest idea is to have a new sun tolerant version of Ajuga at the front and Daylilies behind the Ajuga. The flower bed is full of Living Earth TechnologyÂs composted soil and we have a sprinkler system. Thanks in advance for your advice. I greatly appreciate it!

{{gwi:1341213}}

{{gwi:1341214}}

Thanks for the help -

Brenda

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting