SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericabraun

new: obf members august swap

EricaBraun
9 years ago

There's been a lot of talk of weddings lately, which got me thinking... Wouldn't it be fun if we were all August brides? Well, this month we are!

As a bride, your first order of business is to set up a gift registry. Sorry, no toasters or towels! Instead, list up to 5 plants or garden related objects that you would really love to get your hands on. Please sign-up and have your items listed by Aug 9th.

On Aug 10th, I will put together a list of everyone's registry items. Look over the list and see if you have any of the items being sought after. You only need to be able to supply ONE item from a person's list. Post the names of anyone you'd be able to send to (this gives a little more wiggle room when I assign partners), by Aug 14th. As with a real gift registry, sometimes you get what you want, other times you get what you get, but I will do my best to make as many matches as possible.

On Aug 15th I will assign you a partner. If you are able to match one of the items on that person's "registry" please send that, if not include a garden-related treasure of your own choosing.

Along with that, there are a few other items a bride needs:
Something Old: A plant that has been around for 50 years or more. This is often the length to consider something an heirloom. You can send seed or an actual plant.
Something New: A plant that has been around for less than 50 years. You can send seed or an actual plant.
Something Borrowed: This can be anything you'd like to send.
Something Blue: That one is pretty self-explanatory - something blue.

In total you will be sending your giftee 5 items:
An item from their registry (or an item of your own choosing if you can't match a registry item).
Something old.
Something new.
Something borrowed.
Something blue.

I will also host some garden-inspired "bridal shower" games throughout the month, so keep your eyes peeled for those!

Comments (150)