SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladon_gw

Tomato plant suddenly wilting....Help!

ladon
10 years ago

I have been very happy with the progress of my tomato plants this year. I have 13 varieties of heirlooms that I've planted and most of them are already between 6-7 feet tall and starting to fruit. They are the healthiest I've ever had them in my 10+ years of growing. Suddenly, this morning, I walk outside and one of my plants is completely wilted. It is the only one. I have had the plants on a weekly rotation of actinovate and excel/LG mixture, and copper fungicides to try and avoid any fungal infections. The soil is all natural, amended only with my own compost and a bit of E.B. Stone granular fertilizer at planting. I've been monitoring their water levels carefully. All the other plants look great. I have noticed that this plant was shorter than the others, but still healthy and bearing fruit. This change was also very sudden... literally over night. Nothing was added to the soil in the past week. Can anyone maybe offer some guesses or hints? I'm guessing I will have to pull this plant and start again....but I'm pretty bummed about that prospect. Thoughts?

Comments (25)