SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angel14437

NEW: Fall Harvest Fresh Seed Swap

angel14437
16 years ago

This is a FRESH SEED ONLY swap. I hosted this a few years ago and it was very successful. It is also a great way to share seed that you have in abundance and receive new seeds!

Here's how it works:

access to your E-mail). OR E-mail me at

fallseedswap07@yahoo.com to sign up. Once you

have signed up for the swap, I will send you address

to send seeds to and these easy rules for the swap.

-You may post some of your wants on this post when you

fulfill your wishes.

-Harvest, dry and package your fresh seeds. Mark

clearly with name of seed and any other info.

FRESHLY HARVESTED SEED ONLY PLEASE.

-Send your seeds (you will receive back as many seeds

as you send. Limit of 15 packages of same seed),

return postage (as much postage as

it took to mail to me),and your return address label

in a bubble envelope. Also send your trade list or a

list of seeds you are interested in...such as Flowers

no veggies, looking for white or red flowering

annuals, vines, etc. I will match everyones wants as

best I can.

-Mail in seeds by September 30.

-Any fresh seed is welcome!

-This will be fun!

Comments (83)

• jackier123
    16 years ago

I would love to join this swap. I sorta have seeds running out my ears right now!

Jackie

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Everyone should have received an e-mail from me. If you haven't, e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com.

fcoffill....I think that we can all relate to your 'snatching' compulsion! LOL

candycow....I need your e-mail address.

Happy Harvesting!

Chris

• Related Discussions

NEW: new fresh back to school spectacular seed swap 2009

Q

Comments (20)
    Tammy, I sent you some double gloriosa daisy seeds too. I think I killed the 2 plants I dug for the NO LIMIT SWAP or I would have sent it this time. I was thinking the other day about when Brooke will have to go to school. I've got to admit I got a little misty eyed just thinking about it:( Dan, I can't wait to get all new plants. YEAH! Sorry, Just getting a little excited. I am going to be so busy between this swap and the no limit swap. Denise Denise
    ...See More

NEW: Back to School- Fall Fresh Seed Spectacular Swap 2010

Q

Comments (131)
    I am back with a question. These did not have the sender's name on the packet so I have to address my query generally. I received a packet labeled simply "creeping yellow daisy". It may be just what I have been looking for. Would whoever sent that please let me know what it is-just the Genus would be a big help! As far as I know it could be a Sanvitalia, Wedelia trilobata, or Chrysanthemum paludosum, but I am sure there are other possibilities. Thanks! Alana
    ...See More

NEW: New Spectacular Fresh Fall Seed Swap 2008

Q

Comments (137)
    27 people have posted they received theirs so far... I didn't go back and check but I think there were a lot more than that who signed up. Granted, not everybody comes back to post they received theirs. I also requested nothing back if it wasn't on my wants list, but just wondering if that's going to be the case - could you let me know, please, Willie? Thanks either way. :] Terri
    ...See More

NEW: Everything 2012 New Years Fresh Seed Swap

Q

Comments (89)
    Yeah, yeah, yeaaahhhh...! Hooray, hooray, my seeds, they came today! And a whole big bunch of `em, too,...WOW! Our obviously distracted postal carrier deposited them in the wrong box, but I got `em anyway. - Thank you so much, Willy, and all of the rest of you, for hosting and participating! This has been a really great RR! - Now,...I'm heading over to Rate & Review!
    ...See More
  • lisa_neenah
    16 years ago

I'd love to join. It's my first swap too, and I have a young garden but seeds coming in. Thanks for organizing.

• shadyside
    16 years ago

I'd love to participate--please send me the particulars. Thanks for hosting--shadyside

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

I would like to join in the fun!

Barbi

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Please sign me up for the Fall Harvest swap..
    moonphase

• prairie_moon
    16 years ago

count me in! i have tons of native prairie seed dying for a home!:) my email is heyplantatree@aol.com

• lisa831
    16 years ago

Would like to join in on the fun

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Wow!! Looks like there is going to lots of seeds!I'm getting my seeds and packets ready. Thanks for hosting Angel. Letha

• roflol
    16 years ago

Well, I don't have tons but definitely more than I can sow - I'd love to participate please.
    Terri :-)

• karri_sue
    16 years ago

I'd like to join too, this will be my first swap as well. My email is karri_sue@yahoo.com. Thanks

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

Everyone should have received an e-mail from me. If you didn't, e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com and I will reply.

The swap promises to be fun! We have 32 signed up so far!

Theres still time to sign up.

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

fcoffill......I received your seeds today.
    Thank you!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

;) you are welcome! they really flew fast!

Wish I had more seed ready in time, but this long, hot, dry spell is really taking its toll. Will have many more interesting things next month.

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

fcoffill......The deadline to get your seeds in is September 30th. Did you give yourself enough time or did you get anxious? LOL Anyway, thanks for the seeds.....I know they will be a hit!

Chris

• charl-ann
    16 years ago

Count me in.
    My email is:
    Charl-Annsavon@comcast.net

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

angel14437

September 30th!!!!!

ha ha ha...... I thought it was August 30, silly me guess I got a little over eager

rotflmao

• stacy2564
    16 years ago

I would love to join. Sounds fun.
    Stacy2564

• Julie
    16 years ago

Well- sign me up please!
    This will be my first swap of the year- and I know I will have many fresh seed to share!
    I have a penchant for penstemon- first year bloom or zone 4 push to 5 hardy- that is.
    And well- many other things as well- you can always peek at my wants list- and I will look at yours as well! It is fun for me to see what you may want!
    Thanks Angel for hosting.

Julie

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I would also like to join in on this one! Thanks so much! Melinda

• meimei007
    16 years ago

I would be interested in joining. I sent you an email.

Rebecca

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Everyone should have received an e-mail from me. If you didn't please e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com and I will reply.

We have 37 signed up so far. Expect a good variety of seeds.

julie_mn............I think I missed your e-mail. E-mail me please.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted!

Angel14437

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

Hi - this sounds great! I have lots of seeds drying right now and would love to share. Please sign me up too! - Lisa

• jas_il
    16 years ago

I would love to join.

Here is some of my special want list:

Alyssum, Aster - 'Powderpuff' and any, Petunia - cascading, Celosia-plum or cresent variety, hosta bi-color, clemetis- double flowered, Coleus, phlox, Grass -Blue Fescue, Eggplant, okra, bitter melon, Lily of the Valley, dogwood, blueberry, strawberry etc.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• etravia
    16 years ago

Howdy! Please count me in Angel. I sent you an e-mail from work, but I forward them so I will get it at my GW e-mail also. Jasmine, I will have some crested celosia & okra!. Now if only the mosquitoes would go away!
    Maggie

• trish_robertson
    16 years ago

I would love to join in, sounds like it will be lots of fun..
    Trish

• jas_il
    16 years ago

Thanks maggie, When you send seeds to chris please don't forget to add them :)

Chris I am still waiting for your address.

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

You should have all received an e-mail from me. If you didn't...e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com and I will reply.

Sorry jas_il......I've been busy harvesting & drying seeds! They all seem to be ready all at once!

Please everyone let me know of anything in particular that you are looking for....either here on this forum or send a list with your seeds. I will also be looking at your GW lists, so be sure they are updated.

Happy Harvesting!

Chris

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Sign me up, too! I feel like I have enough packaged and enough variety to join now. :)) My email is listed.

Lime

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

How many different seed swaps are there going to be? I've noticed at least 2 besides this one.

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

rockyridge...there may be several seed swaps going on at once. It depends on which ones interest you and which ones you want to join. In my opinion the swaps with the largest number of people participating are the most successful. Like this one! LOL I hope that answers your question!

Chris

• etravia
    16 years ago

I'm in 4 RR trades now! (what am I thinking?). I'm sending different seeds to each one. Some seeds are not ready yet, so those will go in the one that ends in November. Even if I get duplicates that's okay. I'm going to try a little of them all! This is fun!
    Maggie

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jackier123.....I received your seeds today. What a great assortment! Thanks for the 'extras' for me.

There is still time to sign up as long as you can get your seeds in by September 31st.

Does anyone think that I should repost this thread on the forum or post an update on this thread? This is getting long.

I will post when I receive your seeds!

Chris

• rocky44
    16 years ago

I would love to participate. I look forward to your email. thanks

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome rocky44.....Please e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com. I sent you an e-mail through GW, but I don't know how reliable that is. I will reply to your e-mail with the guidelines for the swap.

Everyone remember to list your wants and don't wants and send the list with your seeds or post on here. It will help me to select the 'right' seeds for you.

Thanks!

Chris

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

My seeds are going out today. Thanks for hosting, Chris!
    Alana

• charl-ann
    16 years ago

Sending you my seeds Thursday, Sept 6th.
    Let me know when you recieve them.
    Thanks for hosting!

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Thought I'd give this a bump and ask a question at the same time. How many people are in this swap? Are you keeping track?

Lime

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Hi Angel--I'm frustrated--I've sent you 2 emails and haven't heard back--am I doing something wrong? I keep looking on the thread too..sorry to complain but I really want to participate. Thanks--shadyside

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

There are 42 signed up for the swap so far.

shadyside....I'm sorry! Did you e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com? GW is not allowing me to change my e-mail that I have listed as part of my member page. I should get it at the above address. Try again? Thanks!

I am going to start an updated thread to post when I receive seeds.

Happy Harvesting!

Chris

• drippy
    16 years ago

Hi, Chris - I put a package in the mail this morning to you - this is shaping up to be a great swap!

• shimla
    16 years ago

I would like to participate! Please send me your addy and I'll have a large package out to you by the end of the month.

I don't want any veggies back if you can help it.

I'm working on putting in shade gardens but have ample room for sun lovers and I love annuals from swaps. I'll do trees and shrubs too, I'd love to start growing some things not so common.

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Hi Chris--thanks for fixing that problem. I'm busy gathering seeds and will mail soon.--Susan--Shadyside

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Chris, Do you want us to post what we want, or what we are sending?

If it's what we want, I want annuals under 24". And Red Annuals, any height.

I'll wait to hear from you on whether I should post what I am sending.

I guess you are still taking people, too, right? As long as they can get the seeds sent to you by the 30th, right? Sounds like this will be a really big swap, and those are always a lot of fun!!

Lime

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Lime

You can post what you want here or in a note enclosed with your seeds. You don't need to post what you are sending. I will also check your trade lists, so be sure thay are updated.

As long as you can get seeds in by end of September you can join this swap.

I agree the swaps with more people are the best!

I started an update on this swap in this forum.. I will post there when I receive your seeds. You can also post there with any questions or to post your wants. I think it's a good idea to post your wants here...that way everyone can see them and they might have what you are looking for that they might not have sent in otherwise.

Chris

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hello,

I'm late checking in on all of the great Round Robins! May I please sign up for this one....I have tons of fresh seeds that I would love to share.

Happy Gardening,
    Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• etravia
    16 years ago

Hi. I am looking for:
    Montauk Daisy, not sure if they are done blooming to collect see though.
    Black & Blue Salvia, not sure if they produce viable seed
    Dinner Plate Hibiscus, tried last year with no luck, Any secrets to germinating this????
    Thanks Chris for hosting.
    Maggie/Etravia

• taterbug
    16 years ago

I would like to join this swap. I'll send you an email. taterbug

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Since this swap is open until the last week in Sept, I thought I'd give it a bump.

I sent my package out to you yesterday.

Lime

• angel14437
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You are very welcome Maggie.

Thanks for bumping lime, I'll be looking for your seeds and I will post on the update thread for this swap when I receive them.

Everyone should have received an e-mail from me with my address. If you didn't...e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com and I will reply.

I have received seeds from 4 so far.....5 including mine. We have over 400 seed packets already! There is a good variety.

Chris