SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eyesofthewolf

best cultivar for central texas(long post)

eyesofthewolf
12 years ago

I could not post for quite some time; GW had problems with me logging on then I forgot my password LOL and so problems with that are resolved.

On to the real problem, I have been growing tomatoes for 4 years and have always bought heirlooms, I had no serious problems with them just the standard stuff, but this year I bought black krim seed and to my best deductions I think the seed was shipped to me with bacterial canker riding on board. The research that I have done really bothers me because it looks like its a nasty thing to clear up; even when you yank the plants, no sprays or dusting will work- only solarization of the soil. I have 8 Brandywines in a bed ten feet away, and they seem to be ok if the people would not spray herbicide...that's another story. The problem is with the black krim I have 9 plants: 6 are in a bed together, 3 are in pots in different areas around the yard, and 2 in the bed show real signs of being infected as well as all the potted plants seem to be infected. I am ready to try hybrids, I grow organic for 2 reasons: First, the expense of a spray for this and a spray for that can get pretty pricey. Second, fewer toxins in my body seems like a good idea. So with that long-winded explanation what cultivar has the resistance to everything? I don't even care if it taste like cardboard (just joking) Thanks for taking time to read my post. :0)Deanna

Comments (4)