SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spfx_gw

Yellow leaves with spots on container tomatoes

spfx
11 years ago

Hello, I am growing tomatoes in 18" square containers with some gravel in the bottom and potting soil. I drilled about 8 1/8" holes in the bottom for drainage. I am using Miracle Grow shake and feed which is supposed to be time released. I put the recommended amount on when planted and have not added any since. While most of my plants are doing alright i have some concerns about my German Johnson plants which have developed some yellowing on the lower leaves and some spots on some leaves. On one of the plants the yellow leaves have moved up the plant and i have some that are brown at the bottom. I have some small tomatoes on them and plenty of buds but i am worried that i may have some kind of blight or fungus. I also am concerned if i am over watering or under watering. Here lately i have been watering every night around 7:30 or 8:00 since the temps are in the 90's here. I basically water with a garden hose until i get about 2 inches of standing water in the pots then move to the next. I posted some pictures of the plants at: https://picasaweb.google.com/101798416435010552936/Tomatoes?authkey=Gv1sRgCMvGm_m-gMPehgE

If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it...this is my first time gardening in about 20 years and i lost my grandmother who was my gardening expert six years ago.

Thanks,

Greg

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists