SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

What should I put in the place of these yaupons?

msrose
17 years ago

Even though it looks good, I'm kind of tired of the yaupons on the corners of our house. It seems like every yard around here has yaupons on the corner of their house. I'm also trying to make my yard a little more low maintenance by putting in shrubs that don't have to be trimmed. I already replaced the indian hawthornes that are in front of the window with a smaller variety. I was thinking of putting something besides a tree on the corners. The colors I've used in the yard are yellow, white, and deep pink. I thought it would be pretty if I had something there that blooms, but I'm open to other suggestions. I grow lots of roses in the backyard and a few in the front yard, but since they're bare in the winter, I don't know if my husband would want those on the corner. Also, our house faces north, so the yaupons on the right side of the house get more sun than the ones on the left side, which makes it a little tricky. I wondered if a hydrangea would look good by the front door and something else on the right corner. I'm not sure what I would do with the other side of the house, because I don't know if it would look good to have two different types of plants there.

Laurie

{{gwi:506465}}

{{gwi:39714}}

{{gwi:39718}}

Comments (19)