SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stellabee_gw

Brandywine Tomatoes/No Fruit/Blossom Shrivel

Stellabee
11 years ago

Hi Everybody,

I have about 5 brandywine heirloom tomato plants in my front yard. Only one of them has started to set fruit, but even so there are only two little tomatoes starting. I've also noticed that a lot of the blossoms seem to be shriveling, but not producing a tomato. Does anyone have any idea of what I should do if anything?

By the way, I dug out all of the roots about two feet deep before starting the garden and amended the Georgia clay with Organic Miracle grow soil, mostly broken down wood chips from a ground up stump in our yard, some nitrogen compost (our kitchen scraps-broken down for a year, very stinky and full of worms), and about three large bags of organic balanced compost from the store. I've also spread another whole bag of organic balanced compost on top of the soil and topped that with natural mulch...don't know what else to do???

Please Help!

Stellabee

p.s. My organic roma plant is setting more fruit than the brandywines but not as much as I was told it would either.

p.s.s. Other vegetables like heirloom zucchini, yellow squash, and green beans are doing very well.

Comments (11)