SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katefisher_gw

Growing vine on metal shed..,

katefisher
17 years ago

Hello everyone.

In late winter here at our place in Northern California (Zone 7) we had two new sheds installed. Having this done was much overdue and I absoutely love them. One is my potting shed and the other for storing wood. As soon as winter is officially over I plan to cover the bases with landscaping stone and have some stairs built. My question pertains to growing Virginia Creepers on them in order to soften their appearance. If I install plastic lattice I know the VC's will grow and probably grow over which is my wish. What I'm wondering is what kind of damage the plants will inflict on my coveted new structures. I know Virginia Creeper will damage wood and stone but what about metal?

I know some of you might be wondering why VC. The "soil" on which the sheds were placed is pure clay. The one and only thing I have successfully grown up there have been these babies. Plus they are so aggressive I figure I might have good coverage after two summers.

Just hoping to find out how metal stands up against them. Thank you. Going to attempt to attach a picture of the sheds.

Kate

Comment (1)