SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsgilly

Mail Order of Tomato Plants

mrsgilly
12 years ago

I wonder if there are others out there that have had this same problem when mail ordering your tomato plants by Gurneys.com web site. This is my third year of ordering by their website and again they take my money early and then send me an email saying that two of my plants have been sent out (Big Boy), while two of my plants (Baby Girl) are now back-ordered and finally three of my plants are no longer available.

This happened to me before but I ordered again this year because their plants always come in very good shape with no dead plants upon arrival --although arrival is never when they tell me on the phone and there are different ones substituted or not available that I ordered. I am in the 4 zone and we are the last to be sent out. I would think that when they take your money and cash your check or credit card that they would be sure that the plants ordered were in there greenhouses.

Finally after three strikes and your out regime, I have decided to not order from them ever again. Also, I wrote them an email two weeks ago asking where my plants were, and got a form email back and not a personal reply for two weeks with the bad news and their profound apologies again. Let me know, if you have also had this problem with this company or others, so that next year I don't have this happen to me again. Thanks a lot for whatever info you have on this subject.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH