SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmw1_gw

general whoop!

gmw1
14 years ago

my worms numbers have reached a decisive amount~ I am now (officially) feeding a pound of food every two weeks. How cool is that?

From forty last October~ I feel very proud and somewhat nervous, as I have no idea how many worms I actually have now, I just know how much they are eating! So how exactly do I figure an amount of worms by the weight of food they are eating?

I have gone ahead and purchased in time to prepare a second bin, and will have it set up and ready for flow-thru sometime in late June or July. By that time I am hoping I may actually be feeding a pound a week. The goal is ultimately 3-4 pounds a week, and I figure I am going to need that flow thru by the end of the year....and to harvest what's in there by August. My end of year veggies ought to be doing well enough to need compost tea. Especially the tomatoes.

I am still concerned over genetic diversity. Does anyone know where I can find information on this? Worms must be breeding with children and grandchildren (greatgrandchildren?) by now, and I am a bit concerned. It may not matter much, and that would be good to know, too.

Just wanted to let you know thanks for the support, people. I could not have done it without you.

gmw1

Comments (9)