SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kygirl99

My tomato list - what should I add?

kygirl99
15 years ago

I have a 100'x50' garden and I have 37 tomato plants right now. I have room for more, but probably will just put in about five more. What do you think I'm missing? This is what I have so far. And yes, I know it's nuts to have six Super Sweet 100's but I somehow ended up buying a six-pack of them at the store and didn't want to throw any away. And I do love to snack on those tiny little tomatoes as I garden and in the house. (but SIX! I know...)

Anyway, here's my list. I have three tomatoes that have apparently been the victim of frost damage so I will be pulling those up, too.

Here are my frost damaged ones:

Mr. Stripey - 1

Pink Brandywine - 1

Fourth of July - 1

From reading posts, no one seems to like the Fourth of July, so perhaps that was a favor to me. I grew Mr. Stripey last year but I can't recall if I had much off of it. I lost track of things mid-season. I did get tons of foliage and VERY few tomatoes on my German Johnson Pink last year but I am trying it again anyway. I am definitely replacing my Pink Brandywine. I love that tomato.

Here is what I have left that isn't apparently damaged from the light frost two nights ago:

Ponderosa Pink - 1

Kentucky Beefsteak - 1

Red Brandywine - 2

Roma (hybrid) - 6

Fresh Salsa (think it's a Roma variety) - 2

Mortgage Lifter - 2

Red Cherry, Large - 1

Supersweet 100's - 6

Yellow pear - 1

German Johnson Pink - 1

Pineapple - 2

Hillbilly - 1

Green Zebra - 1

Big Beef Hybrid - 1

Beefsteak - 1

Jubilee - 1

Cherokee Purple - 1

Brandy Boy - 1

Early Girl - 1

Better Boy - 1

What do you think I should add? There are Rutgers aplenty at the local plant store but I did nab most of the heirloom varieties that I found. Oh, I wanted a Yellow Brandywine but they didn't have those yet. I would love one of those again.

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!