SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenkitteh

Incredible edibles--September sign up (Buried treasure)

gardenkitteh
15 years ago

Okay, as my computer is finally working again, and I've just send Daphne her box (sorry!), I think it's about time I got my behind in gear and started the sign up for the September swap.

The title of the swap is "buried treasures"

The name of the game is Root crops, tubers, and bulbs with edible ends. We are focusing on putting things under the ground.

So sign up here if you are interested. I'll post swap partners on 08/25, unless someone objects.

Thanks,

Diane (Gardenkitteh)

Comments (115)

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

YAY that POOF People work!!! Happy your feeling better Fran.

Yes those are Mud's real teeth lol she has a very bad underbite (moreso than most boxers have lol). As far as dressing her up lmao she HATES clothes! Even bandanna's and she hates it when Rebs wears clothes (which he loves doing!)

I love all the names and pic's of everyones babies! LOL Sunny, hmmm lmao Puppa Doo I love it!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Work has gone from dead to crazy busy (which is a good thing.) However, it means I have less time to lurk here! I love all the pooches too! Buca has a bad underbite too. Buca & Bear also have more than one name. Buca is also Buca Daisy Muffin Princess Girl (all as one name). She also goes by Boo. Bear is also, Cutie, Peanut, or Bean.

Fran, I totally missed it, but I'm glad to hear it was resolved and you're doing better.

• Related Discussions

Glass Garden Treasures

Q

Comments (16)
    I've seen those water globes on TV and wondered about them. How large is the globe on them, it looks about five or six inches? They really do look nice. I like the blue glass flowers also. Been cleaning up around here, inside and out. My forsynthia bushes are starting to bloom just these past couple of days, and the crocuses are in full bloom. Yup, Spring has finally arrived here in the NE and it feels good. We've had some nice warm sunny days and some chilly ones also. We're not out of the woods on the cold nights just yet but pretty soon it'll be backyard BBQ's and sitting on the porch enjoying a cup of tea and listening to the birds in the feeders. Happy Spring Everyone!!! Sal
    ...See More

HAVE: Incredible Edibles - September Swap

Q

Comments (1)
    Sign ups are closed for this month's round. Please check us out in a few weeks when October sign ups start.
    ...See More

update: obf april 2014 swap: buried treasure (2)

Q

Comments (25)
    Susan and Anne, nice boxes. Laura, I enjoyed the paintings, I liked the paper one the best, would really add a sense of fun to a room. Anne, you asked if any of us do anything with gourds. Well, I think I have posted these pics before, so it is good they are at the end of this swaps post. But I did the black cat and my hubby, daughter and son the 'head' for Halloween. LOL
    ...See More

UPDATE: petal pushers halloween 'buried alive' #3

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi everyone! Dont fall over! I know I haven't posted in a while, lol. Trying to sort seeds for the seed swap I'm in. I've been neglecting the seeds for a long time. But I'm excited about that seed swap! I'm so excited right now, because the sun came out!! It has been absent for too long. I'm so tired of rain, cold and gloom. Our Fall is gone. No beautiful trees, no smell of dried leaves. All of the leaves turned brown and stayed wet on the trees. Then they fell. Not all of them yet, but there are no oranges, golds, etc. ***sigh*** I hope everyone who has been ill is feeling better, if not well! So far my family is lucking out, but it is early in the season. cAROL, that was a nice box you sent to Dan. I hope you get yours soon, too. Have fun with your new flower bed! (just don't work too hard!) Dan, hope that box gave you a pick me up, and your not feeling so tired anymore. Do the cats have the the tissue shredded yet? Cats are so funny when they play! Heidi, I'm not sure what is next, or who is down to host next month. Hi Carmen!! (jumping up & down, wavin'!) Best wishes on your new business!! Wish I lived close enough to shop there! Alana, love your Halloween graphics! Tracy, I hope your Bronchitis is about gone! And everyone else in your family is doing good! To everyone, HI! :0) and have a great day!! Karen
    ...See More
  • iheartroscoe
    15 years ago

Sunnyk - Bismarck is the one with the blue sweater and Roscoe is the one in the close up.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

This is Muskrat aka as Muskerdoodle,Muskie, Doo, Doodlebug, Boo, BooBear, and Boobaby:

This is Cheyenne...she is new to us so no 'pet' names yet:

This is Cherry; Cheyenne's sister...I DID not name her...the boy did and we got her so Cheyenne wouldn't bark or be loney at night: and much prettier than Cheyenne, I think

And this is my baby who I will miss for the rest of my life; Her name was Holly, and that is Muskrat when she was just a pup.

Well, There you have it...my pets...the spoiled rotten one and the soon to be guard dogs...they already bark at stuff when they know it doesn't belong, and they don't bark when they are not supposed too so they are going to be good dogs!

:) Fran

• organic_gardenmonkey
    15 years ago

Hope I'am not to late please sign me up thanks.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Welcome organic gardenmonkey! Glad to have you join us. I sent you an email. As soon as you email me back you will be all set to go! :)

Aww Fran, they are soo darn cute! Is that a growlie face I see on Muskrat? LOL I understand how you feel with losing one of your furbabies, that's the only down fall I see to having them. We almost always outlive them. :(

Donna! That poor traumatized puppy! Dootie pup! Shamie on you, J/K. I sooo didn't expect that one. ;)I get the resemblance in the names Marco and Doodie Pup! OMG! Snorting going on!

Thinks Pixie has connections to the powers be. giggles... If not that's ok too, HIGH FIVE! ;)

Becky, I was beginning to get worried! You were definitely missed! Love the full name for Buca, it's so sweet! :)

Man, I gotta go to bed. I'm gigglin way too much!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

no SC1, she is grinning..not growling..not grrr..lol.. I don't think she really does grrrr to much unless you make her mad...she doesn't like getting her pic took though and that was the first one...all the rest she refused to look at the camera, lol...silly lil dog...

Yeah, losing Holly was very very hard...she was just a sweetheart...she was my baby baby...best gosh dern dog ever...ever...ever I will never have another as good as her.

Don't ya'll think Cheyenne is uber ugly? I really thought she was going to color up like a real German Shepard...she was wet when we picked her up, so she was off color...then she dried...OH MY GOSH...Cherry is what I had hoped Cheyenne would look like...
    But she is a good pup, and she will pal around with me already in the yard so that is a good thing....

Me thinks pixie is super!!! pixie I think my fav would have to be mud...I like the color of the fur

Sunny, marco is just too sexy for his fur...just too sexy...uhh...lol.

Those pugs are adoreable too, the one pic is up close an personal....lol

I love the Shih-tzus, I want one...

We can't have cats...the landlord doesn't like them...we had a stray that I started feeding and she had kitties, anyway, the neighbors bullbuster dog (its a killer pit, it killed the other neighbors beagle that somehow got loose in the night too) somehow got mama cat and killed her...we finished raising the kitties and had to get rid of them...

SC1 I hope you went to bed, you were getting giddy there...lol.

I'm headed off that way too.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Fran, so sorry about Holly. She was a pretty dog. I don 't think Cheyenne is ugly. I love the one floppy ear in the picture. Muskrat & Cherry are cuties too.

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I am sorry about your Holly ....It's hard to lose a furbaby.

And I think Cheyenne is an absolute doll!! What an adorable face , with the one Pretty ear...and the one Floppy!! I could just kiss her little face!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Holly is the cutest beagle ever! I have always had beagles Fran, my whole life. My mom just lost her Suzie this year. She was 14.

Now I have to post my beagle, Maggie May on here. Could someone tell me how to post my pic on here? I could never get a pic to load for me. I am dumb.
    I love our IE swap group! We are so awesome! It is so nice that we can all get along and talk about stuff other than our seed addictions!
    Again Fran, Holly looks so precious! I have such a soft spot for beagles. And of course, everyone elses doggies and kitties are cute too! I looked at everyone's!
    And early thanks for someone who can help me out on posting pics to this thread! Luv, Christy

PS Did we get any more luck in recruiting people to this swap? I believe the roots and tubers have had their feelings hurt with the low turnout (haha!) We should post on the other forums, "Save the Roots and Tubers, Where Putting us in the Ground Is A Good Thing!"

Ok,I am sure that was only funny to me.I think my surgery meds are really kickin in and making me nutty!
    I am sure I will be regretting this post tommorrow! Please forgive my dumb jokes! Christy

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

It was funny to me tpo Christy...I almost spewed coffee on my computer ROTF!!

I love the Beagles too...my next door neighbor has a chubby little beagle guy who comes to visit on occasion, he is such a sweetheart.

As for putting up pictures, I use Photobucket to host my pictures, then when I want to post them here, I just copy and paste the link from the photobucket site that says 'HTML Code'...for other sites you would use the HTML code: (omiting the spaces that I put in so I could post it), at least that is what it says to do when I did a search on how to post pictures LOL!!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Thank you sunnyk for the help! Now I have been trying to post my photobucket pics. I pasted in the one you told me to, the I preview my post, the pic appears but then I get this message,
    Message Rejected
    Either you did not provide a name for your link, or this does not appear to be a valid Internet URL.

Please make corrections below:
    What am I doing wrong? I know I did part of it right because they pics show up in the preview screen. What Am I suppose to put in the Name of Link area? Maybe that is what I am messing up.
    Again, thank you for helping me! I am sure it is very simple, but of course, I cannot get it right! Christy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Fran I am soo slow! ROFLMBO!!! I just realized that I was labeled *group trouble maker*! HAHAHAHA! ;) I'm with Donna and all, Cheyenne is a cutiepatootie!

Christy that was super funny!!! For some reason, everyone else must not like to eat... LOL Ever heard of the starving artists? Well I think we have some starving gardeners around here. Of course there are some edible flowers so I could be wrong. ROFLMBO!!! I'm glad that you love it here! :)I'm glad to have you back too, you were missed! Thought I was gonna have to send the Posse out looking for you and Becky! :D How are you feeling? I hope you are recovering quickly! :)

Diane, where are you at chickadee? It's safe now! :D

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

You don't have to put anything in the Link area. Just paste it in the post where you type chat stuff. If that makes sense. LOL ?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

SC1, I'm glad to see you today. I was worried with all the rain and stuff down there how u were.
    Yes, dear that is the title I believe you were christened with..hehe, You know where I got that very some title too don't cha? Only yours is acceptable...I didn't know some of you were MIAs so but I will say welcome back anyway...hehe

Some days I don't think Cheyenne is all the bad and then somedays I do...lol. Today she was a pretty girl, she listens pretty well for her age and I don't think she is going to be a pain to train (oh look I rhymed) either, she seems to take direction very well. I guess we will see.

Christy, it was funny honey...Me thinks that should be this months motto...LOL.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

AHH HAHAHAHA! Fran, That was hilarious! You so funny! ;)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I have a question Kitteh, just how many of are are signed up? I would go look but that would require me to work and it is just easier to ask YOU....hehehe

I was just wondering, cuz if there isn't too many I have and idea I liked to pass your way, so if you will later on shoot me an email...hehe!

SC1, I just full of hilarious! teehee.(although some might have another opinion 'bout what I REALLY full of... muyahhaaaaa, uh, 'scuse me, pushing me horns back down, didn't mean for yous to sees'em)

Later ya'll,
    :)Fran

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

OK,let me try this! This is my Maggie May, my doggie soul mate!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Wow, I did not realize that the pics would be so big! Thanks for helping me out! I was always entering the pics into the link boxes, duh!
    Ooh Fran, I am interested to know your idea! I love a twist! I think this is the most current list on the thread.
    GardenKitteh
    BonechickChris
    SouthernCharm1
    Sunnyk
    FrenchFryLegs1
    NcGardenGirl
    and a silent Pixieluvplants

I think the pets on the thread out number us traders! hehe!
    Christy

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Maggie May is a cutie! It's been a busy week at work. I have at least lurked here everyday! Ok Fran, don't leave us in suspense!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Awww maggie is a cutie pup!! I just want to kiss her nose !!

And Yeah....what's the plan Fran....I can't take the suspense ..it's killin' me!!!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

OMG! What a dollface! I can see why she's your pet soul mate. Beautiful Name too boot!

Fran is full of... ROFLMBO!!! ;) Ideas??? Dangit! You can't do that to us, we will surely burst from curiosity! :D

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I have fallen for Maggie May, I miss Holly. Maggie has that same look I got from Holly.
    I am going to have to get another Beagle. I had hoped the beagle bug would go away, but not yet. I guess it never will, time for a new puppy, yep.

I can't tell you's 'bout the plan yet. I haven't talked to kitteh, and she is the one who has to say if she would like to do something different... ya'll know that, shame on you peeps for trying to jump the gun...hehe.
    If I don't talk to her 'bout it soon however, I might forget what I thought about...adhd kid still have those moments...either that or just old age..not sure which for sure.

Yes, SC1, ideas, yeah, that's what I'm full of...yep yep,,we'll leave it at that...hehe

Gosh, I guess everyone is going to bed...

I ain't ready to just yet...what am I gonna do?

:)Fran

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

ERRRR MADDER THAN A CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOFsize>color>

Where is everybody...I need to vent...ERRRRR!!!!!

ERRRRR....

:( MAD FRAN

• booberry85
    15 years ago

What's up Fran???

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Ack...Fran.....what happened ?????

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Whats up Fran????
    I knew once you saw Maggie that you would want another beagle! Christy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I'm ok...over it today...life moves on...

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bah! You can't get me all eager to hear ventage, and then not deliver!

You are a tease, Fran. ;p

So here's the list, and I'll be posting the partners on Monday:
    GardenKitteh
    BonechickChris
    SouthernCharm1
    Sunnyk
    FrenchFryLegs1
    NcGardenGirl
    and a silent Pixieluvplants

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Hi Fran, I have had a beagle in my life even since I was a little girl. Even though it was always very sad when one passed, it was never long before there was another beagle in the house. My mom the same, actually it started with her beagle she had as a girl, so our family has always had a beagle as part of the household forever. Out of all my beagles though. I do have something special with Maggie May. It is like this connection I cannot explain. We do everything together, she follows me wherever I go. Since my surgery. she has not left my side. Like I said, she is my doggie soul mate. And yes, my husband gets jealous of her!
    Has anyone heard from Diane yet?
    I guess your idea Fran is not a go or is it still up for consideration for Diane?
    It is nice to know that you are lurking late at night Fran! I have been stuck up late at night with my foot pain most nighhts so I will look for you on here again if I am restless! Christy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

LOL Christy, I try to go to bed at a early hour. But I am and always will be a night person.
    I just emailed Diane with my thoughts, so we'll see what she thinks about any of them. She must not have seen where I asked her to eamil me.
    I loved my beagle, she was something special. Very VERY good dog. I want another but I don't know if we will get one or not.
    Thanks all of you for asking about what happened last night. I would share BUT it isn't a thing I would post in public and some of you already KNOW what it was about.
    I had a very nice chat with 2 who became involved somewhat in the issue and I am doing better about the whole awful thing.
    OK, LET'S HAVE FUN AGAIN...

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

She says she is sorry, but she is having an issue with her computer now that is preventing her from posting and hopes to have EVERYTHING fixed by tomorrow.

She emailed me from a borrowed internet connection to explain what happened as we where in the middle of a conversation when all Hades broke out and she lost her conncention.
    Let's all hope she gets everything patched up and put back together and reconnects soon.

Here's wishing you luck with that girl...GOOD GREIF what a mess...

I will let her fill you all in on the details upon her return.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Thanks so much Fran. I didn't anticipate getting the connection fixed so quickly. Figured Donnie would do it once all the other stuff was finished. LOL

Seems as if we had water damage after all. Our intention was to lay new carpet and paint yesterday. I laugh at the thought that something would be easy as pie. ;) Donnie moved the couch, his knee hit the wall and the dry wall just fell apart! Everything was drenched inside and mildewed. Course he wasn't a happy camper... Had to rip all the dry wall and insulation out and clean up that mess. In the middle of that, he must have knocked the jack out of the wall with the baseboard removal or something. Who knows... But now I have connection. :D Today will be a busy day... *scrunches up face* Hopefully we'll at least get the dry wall up and mudded.

When Dad came over to help Donnie with the wall, I went outside to see exactly what my gardens looked like. Everything is rotting from all the rain we got. Ground everywhere is a spongy watery mess. :( Should have just stayed inside.

Anyway, all in all we have our health and lots of love so all is good! :)

Can't wait to swap!!! Something fun to look forward too. :)

Welcome back Diane! :D

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'd be entirely in favor of having a "real" Round Robin, where everyone sent to someone new. Does anyone else have any objections?

'cause it sounds like fun. I might all come crashing down around my ankles, but I'll get to say "Whee!" as I'm falling so it'll all be okay.

So should I just assign everyone swaps? Please e-mail me with requests for things you'd like to send and like to have sent to you. I'm looking at the thread and people's lists but I'm kinda slow and prone to miss the obvious.

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Hi ALL, Is it too late to join? I have been putting it off because I thought I may not be able to give it all of my attention. Alot of stuff going on. It all looks good now. When are the cutoff dates? I will be ordering and I will need to see if they will arrive in time for me to ship out.

Thanks,

Nancy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey all,
    I donÂt really have a veggie wish list. Or any veggie specifics on my exchange page but I do have a rootables wish list:

Allium spp. (garlic, onion, shallot, et cetera)
    Apium graveolens (celeriac)
    Arctium spp. (burdock or gobo)
    Helianthus tuberosus (Jerusalem artichoke or sunchoke)
    Tragopogon spp. (salsify)
    Scorzonera hispanica (black salsify)
    Petroselinum spp. (parsley root)
    Pachyrhizus spp. (jicama and ahipa)
    Bunium persicum (black cumin)
    Parsnip
    Leeks

Dream of donÂt really expect:(but hey a girl can dream...lol)
    Panax ginseng (ginseng)
    Zingiber officinale (ginger, galangal)
    Curcuma longa (turmeric)
    Stachys affinis (Chinese artichoke or crosne)
    Horseradish (Armoracia rusticana, syn. Cochlearia armoracia)
    Eleocharis dulcis (Chinese water chestnut)

And of course I have the standard BORING rootables to offer nothing specail or exciting:
    Turnips: Purple top, Seven top
    radish
    Bunching onions;
    plain jane carrots;
    Thats it...

Kitteh, if we do a Robin Round can we add suprises in there too of reg. everyday veggies? Just wondering.
    Anyway...I game for which ever we do...its all good, and FUN...hehe

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Ok, I know this is really going to point out to everyone that I am a newbie,,,,,,,, doing this the Real Round Robin style, how exactly does that work?
    I think I was told once about it but I really do not remember. Thanks! Christy

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Thanks for asking first Christy...I dont have to look like a boob on my own now LOL!!!

So I am thinking that a GardenWeb round Robin is different than round robins on other sites...cuz the RR I have seen on other sites were: a box started by memeber #1 filled with #1's stuff, shipped out to member #2 who takes out what they want and puts in what they have of equal or greater quantity, then send to #3 who takes what they want and puts in what they have, ships to #4 and so on and so forth til it goes back to #1.

But if you are asking what people want and what people will send then I have no clue as to what sort of RR this is going to be ...so color me Queen of the morons ...ROTFLMBO!!!!

So....uhhh....what exactly is a Round Robin ????

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was thinking more like:
    Person A sends a box to person B
    B (at the same times) sends a whole new box to C
    C to d and so on and so on until Z sends to person A

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Sunny yes that is a true RR. U looking a little green there...lol.
    However, Kitteh wants to do it though is cool with me. Or however she decides to do this swap it is still going to be fun....yahhhh!!!

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Meh, I'm liking SunnyK's idea best. I think we'll do it that way.

Does anyone have any objections? 'cause we are changing things so late in the game, how 'bout I give everyone until Tuesday to object. If no one objects, then we'll do it that way.

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, here's the final list, as far as I can tell:
    GardenKitteh
    BonechickChris
    SouthernCharm1
    Sunnyk
    FrenchFryLegs1
    NcGardenGirl
    Pixieluvplants
    Luvgardening2

If everyone could send me an e-mail to confirm this, I'd really appreciate it.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Kitteh, it is fun like that. By the time it gets back to you you have NO idea what will return...lol.

Just have to make sure once it flies, the person you send it too has so many days to seek and send to the next and also have DC# when they send it off.

Fun Fun Fun Fun...yeppers it is.

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

So is this the same as the original way we were gonna trade, but we just do not have the same partner for giving and recieving? Or are we actually all sending the same box around to everyone? If we do do that, could we go around twice since there is not many of us and the first people in flight will probably not get as much as a selection as the people at the end of the line?
    What is going to be the start off number of seed packets? LIke how many packets should we purchase? Or should we ask the person nexty in line what they would like?
    Sorry for all the questions, but I am still a little confused. I hope someone is awake to answer! Christy

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We are sending the same box around to everyone. I don't see why not send the box around twice.

I'm thinking I'll start it off, and since I'm starting it off there will be four seed packs and five different types of bulbs.

Now you don't have to replace everything in the box. You can if you'd like, but you can also not pull anything out if you don't want anything.

You have one week to send the box to the next person. In that time, you basically pull out seeds and bulbs that you like, and replace the ones you've pulled out with something of equal or greater value. Then you send the box to the next person.

Any objections?

• booberry85
    15 years ago

And the winner of the drawing is.........
    Drum Roll Please!
    Dtrrrrrrrr!
    Dtrrrrrrrr!
    Dtrrrrrrrr!

FRAN! Congratulations!

Please email me with your address and I'll get your goodies packed and in the mail this week.

Becky

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Congratulations Fran !!! :)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ummm, What drawing? :0? Fran is confused cuz she missed something...lol.

Thanks though Becky and Sunny for the congrats...lol.
    I'm a winner and didn't even know I was a contender....lol.

I think at this point it isn't gonna matter either cuz I'm thinking kitteh will be wanting to killeth me REAL soon... :( hiding shaking with fright... not thinking hear kitteh kitteh kitteh, not thinking...shaking head NOOOOO!!!

Oh LOOK there is a total of 8 (eight) of us...nice EVEN number...makes it REALLY easy to, ummm...umm...gulp, PARNTER US UP....it's not tooo late, it's not tooo late (remants of Dorthy in my head...oh toto, What have I done?)
    Fran:) Fran

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

CONGRATS FRAN!!! :D Can't wait to hear what you receive!!!

Diane - Was wondering if other misc gardening goodies will be ok to add to the pot/box same take and replace system... And maybe put an envelope in the box for everyone to add a recipe to and each person can take out the one they like the best and replace with one of their own...

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Fran, Take a look at the second posting here! I am root vegetable challenged, but somehow the seeds always find me anyway. I wanted the seeds to go to a good home where they would be appreciated. So I asked Diane if it would be ok to having a drawing among participants this round for a couple root veggie seed packets and my recipe for potato soup.

You won! Hurray!