SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ssprings211

Windburned/Sunburned Tomatoes

15 years ago

I live in upstate NY. I bought tomato plants a few weeks ago, planted them in whiskey barrels and bring them out during the day and in at night. At the end of April I had to go to MI and leave my plants inside with 2 Aqua Globes per whiskey barrel out on my sunroom, when I got home it was like a greenhouse and my plants LOVED it! They grew of course, now they are 2ft. tall with flowers. I need to plant them in cages outside now, but little did I ever know about the "hardening off" process. When I got home I move them in and out still during the day, but last night they were kind of white, so today I did the same...took them out, and now they're worse. Finally, today I read about this process, brought them back in, am filtering their light, but my question is...am I too late for these to rebound?

My plants are already 2' tall, they need to go outside soon, but it sounds like I need to give them a couple weeks to mend. Should I just buy new ones from the nursery and start the "hardening off" process with those now so I can plant by Memorial Day? I guess you do it once and you'll never forget, please help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES