SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swrancher

Dec 2010 Yard Update

swrancher
13 years ago

The recent freeze in South Florida caused some damage to some of my tropical fruit trees. I'm hoping that all of them recover although I'm not so sure about the Green Sapote which lost almost all of its leaves or a small Edward Mango tree that had almost all its leaves damaged.

My Longan had a growth spurt a few weeks ago and lost all of those new leaves so now has a bunch of empty outer branches. One strange thing I noticed is my Banana trees seem to be doing better then in prior cold years, they are still mostly green and seem fine. Also had Mango trees planted near each other with one showing damage and the other untouched...The trees with no visible damage are Pickering, Fairchild, Rosigold, Florigon, Carrie. The ones with the most damage Tebow, Edward, Neelum and Tong Bi Con. My other's (VP, Graham, Dot, Angie) all have a little leaf damage but nothing too bad.

I'm located in southwest Broward county near the edge of the everglades. On the coldest night last week my yard got down to just under 32 for a few hours in the early morning and there was a heavy frost.

Comments (70)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville