SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

UPDATE: all my bloomin friends, graphic light thread

veeja11
17 years ago

please post here what santa brought you, only pics of gifts here other pics on the pic thread please, it is almost full so I will start a new pic thread also since we love them here is a player list again.#1 Angel has Irish Rose grower

Nitelite has #1 Angel

Carol has Beth

Earthly has Remy

DebbyA has Pattygrow5

Hummingbird daisy has Nitelite

Skohler has Patty2257

Patty2257 has Dancingmoons

Remy has carol

Pattygrow5 has lunamoon

Lunamoon has skohler

Squanzon has hummingbirddaisy

Beth has Debbya

Dancing moon has Squanzon

Irishrosegrower has Earthly

This thread is for fast posts, other one for slow pic enjoyment. Beth is your box there?

Comments (146)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

it's hot as all that again today. it's already 99 degrees not to mention the heat index. this sucks. the weekend is supposed to let up, but seeing/feeling is believing. i have this goofy little kid pool (that works for me!) out back but the water is hotter than bath water, and i like to bake in the tub, but i can't take it under the sweltering sun. it's so hard to breathe too.

vacation 3 days and counting. i'm so excited!

i copied this from the original posted by carol:
    Here is a list of partners, will start a new list for received
    #1 Angel has Irish Rose grower
    Nitelite has #1 Angel
    Carol has Amybabyboy
    Earthly has Remy
    DebbyA has Pattygrow5
    Hummingbird daisy has Nitelite
    Skohler has Patty2257
    Amybabyboy has Beth
    Remy has carol
    Pattygrow5 has lunamoon
    Lunamoon has skohler
    Beth has Debbya
    lets have fun Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.

sue, i still have not received klickcat's questionnaire. is she in?

has anyone ever heard from jan? does anyone need a make up box? plmk.

stay cool (and i don't mean hip!)
    maryanne

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI everyone. I'm just popping in to say hi. I've been busy taking a couple days off of work and I'm busier than ever. Between Doctor visit, Dentist visit helping my neice fix her car that got smacked up and getting my nails done I've been really busy.

My box was delivered to Maryanne a couple of weeks ago and my partner is shipping hers to me. All is well here.

Susi, I don't know all the details but I will volunteer for the September hostess. If you will please just send me any tips/rules I will gladly do it.

Is Trish out of the group or just not doing the Sept hostess? I hope we are not losing a bloomin friend of ours.

You guys are not going to believe this, I did a daylily trade with a lady from Wi. She shipped on Saturday, I got it the next day - Sunday!!! It was priority mail and the mailman delivered it Sunday. I've never seen this before, have any of you? The plants didn't even have time to know they were out of the ground :-)

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: We have a name, All My bloomin friends

Q

Comments (47)
    Anita, Thank you. Nobody is to blame. : ) Carol, some rat-tail radish and Centaura 'Black Ball' seeds went out to you today. It's really great to meet internet friends. Grannymarsh and I have seen eachother several times. The first time was to get some "black gold" from us, since we have cows. I saw that she was from the UP too. I've met several of my online garden friends. It's really great! Treasa
    ...See More

NEW: All My Bloomin Friends: May Flowers Party

Q

Comments (150)
    Mellon--Lovely, lovely package. So generous and thoughtful!! She sent me a ton of stuff. My friend Mare is visiting and she remarked "It's just like Christmas!!". Oh, yah. She's been helping me get my dahlias in the ground because I have an injured left wing. Mellon gifted me with TWO hostas 'Chinese Sunrise' & 'Plantangea'. Heucherra 'Can Can'; Daylily 'Erin Leah'; Wigalea 'Ruby Glow'; and a big fat bulb of lilia 'Black Beauty'. Love, love, love it all. Everything was well wrapped and packaged. Thank you very much, it was a wonderful package. Oh wait, and a hilarious (and oh-so- true) card with a nice note inside.
    ...See More

UPDATE: All My Bloomin Friends May Flowers Party

Q

Comments (3)
    You are very welcome Sue. I'm glad you can use those things. Hope they arrived healthy with the heat the way it is right now. Just got back from Disney and had a box waiting here from Earthly. She sent me a hummingbird feeder!!! Thanks so much Maryanne, I didn't have one yet but my older son has been asking me to plant more hummingbird attractors. I can't wait to get it set up. Thanks, again, to everyone for all the wonderful hostess gifts. You are all very generous. I agree with Susie that we have a great group here! See you all on the June thread! Theresa
    ...See More

UPDATE: All my bloomin friends, look what santa brought Me

Q

Comments (149)
    hi everyone we finaly got some much needed rain and my brugs really needed it i have isabellla and frosty pink blooming they are about five feet tall i really want a red one Trish my husband mailed your box wensday i hope you like it it has been so hot it was hard to send plants i hope they arrive safe today i took my grandson to see monster house for his 7th birthday and found a real good deal at payless shoes 20.00 shoes for 5.oo that was a deal got his hair cut for school and everyone be careful checking emails from wireless phone we have someone stole my name and ordered phone and sent them to Maryland and luckly my network sent me text mess to say my account password had been changed and i called and asked what was going on and some one fauded my account what a bummer i had to put fraud allert on my credit and it feels weird to see how easly they did it well i hope everyone has a nice evening stay cool patty
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    17 years ago

wow maureen, chalk one up for the post office. i was kind of shocked last year on christmas day when i had mail delivery. i couldn't believe it. how wonderful no shock to the plant(s).

i'm telling you, if this heat doesn't let up soon, i'm going to move to antartica. i really would love a day without have to depend on air conditioning. if i heard correctly, our temp was 99 and the heat index at 107.

i spent some wonderful time with the baby tonight. even sacrificing big brother. (going to have to read the message boards to see what happened) i'm first in line to babysit. a deal the mom struck with me for numerous favors on my end. every day i offer, but she's not ready to leave the baby for any period of time yet. i can't say i blame her.

i had my hair completely chopped off. i wanted it short, but dang, she didn't know when to stop. in a few weeks it will be where i want it, but for now . . . i went from hair to the middle of the back to above my neck. even with a picture i think they just do what they want anyway. something makes me think she made a mistake somewhere and the only way to correct it was to keep cutting. oh well, it's only hair.

sue, you have two volunteers for september. sorry to see trish go. i was just getting to know her.

maureen, i have mae graham. not sure how big a plant it is but i'll check on it. i wouldn't want to dig now though, so consider at least that one yours. i don't have any of the others you listed. and by the way, what did you think of that brokeback mountain? would you recommend it?in answer to one of your questions awhile back, i believe at least half this group are d/l collectors. i don't have that experience with those remaining, so i cannot comment.

sue, can you hear me??????? i never received a questionnaire on klickcat. do we have one yet? (third time asking with no response)

honest to God, the weeds are just terrible and the weather has been so harsh to spend any real time making it better. i'm so inclined to just let it all go until fall. my beds are a mess, the weeds are so beyond manageable and the flowers faded way too quickly this year for all the work leading up to the growing season. if it wasn't torrential rains, it was sweltering heat.

good night all, be well, stay cool, happy blooms
    maryanne

• skohler
    17 years ago

earthly : I have sent the info But I get this email back saying you cannot respond for you are away .

I sent the 1st 2 times you ask also I have 2 email
    addresses for you & sent to both of them :)) .
    Maureen that was fast & you was very lucky :))
    or should we say the plants were lucky :)))
    as for the sept swap we do have a hostess but I
    will be needing hostesses for 2007 :))) & I
    will be making my list in Nov & Dec .

Trish Has Just got to take time out of the group for
    awhile for some personal problems But I have not
    removed her Info .

We all need time for personal life & That is why we
    have this group , you do not have to play every month
    we just ask that you stay in touch with us as Gardening
    Friends .

What We Do Uphold Is that when you sign up to a
    swap That you will uphold your end & send your
    Boxes On Time For the month you sign up in .

We all Got Hit with a Heat wave this pass month
    & so a few have not received their boxes but I'm
    sure they will soon .

well we have our SEPT Swap Hostess It will be
    Britneysgram

She will let us know when it is time to sign up :))

Being that I cannot get in touch with nitelite
    & no one has heard from her in awhile ,
    I have told tina that she should send her box to
    #1 Angel untill we hear from nitelite .
    Hope all is ok her way .

Anyway Looks as the heat wave may be cooling
    & I hope that our bloomin friends will stop in & say
    Hello to us :)))

have a great day all
    susie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

That sounds fine to me--I still haven't heard from Nitelite either so..................I do hope she is ok!
    Maureen--it is on it's way--you are soooooooooooooooo sweet to let me have the extra time--hope you enjoy your treasures
    Carol-heads up--your hostess gift is on it's way too!! Hope you like your surprise!! Now --what do I have to do to get a 'bonnet'????
    Everyone stay COOL this weekend--we should get some RAin tomorrow!!
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

please post if you have not received, also remember if you are in the swap you owe a hostess gift, it is only me this month but, when it is someone else I expect better of you. it is only a small bubble envie gift. I make my little sun visors as hostess gifts. I need to know who has not received their christmas presents. hugs carol

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Carol~ I haven't received a box yet. Patty did mention a while back that she was waiting for the heat wave to pass so I'm not worried about it.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Ack! How do I get your mailing address, carol, in order to send you your hostess gift? :)

• skohler
    17 years ago

jules : I just sent you carols info .

earthly : did you get jules info sheet I sent to you ??

I got a bad sun & wind burn today while mowing my yard
    I 'm burning up & need to go put more cream on :((
    through the hottest days I didn't burn while out door's.
    CAROL : I Need my viser :))) well guess its a little late now just call me mrs rudoph :))

Have a great night all chat more tomorrow .
    susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mrs Rudolf your visor will be out soon, I need to warn you most people are embarrased to wear them tho. Patty get that box out or at least let us know whats up

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Am I confused??? (Highly possible) If this is for Christmas in July.... then it was Carol, Veeja that was sending to me. Amy baby boy dropped out or didn't send info or something so Carol,Veeja took her slot. I'll never forget the fudge and many other goodies
    I don't know if Amy was in at all but she was not my partner. The heat and lack of sleep and all the other "BS" in my life right now have cooked my brain but I'd remember fudge.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--I have not received yet--but Susie say's Tina will send to me--I sent yours and Maureens--just wanted to update you since you asked--
    Will this heat ever end???
    Jeanette

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

The post that was posted on August 4 that was reposted by earthydelight is not correct. I did not play this month and was not assigned a pal. Please recheck the posts. Thanks, Amy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

#1 Angel, your box is going out Tuesday. You should receive it no later than Friday I would think.

My hostess gift will be going out that day as well to Mrs. Carol :-))

Tina

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth I did have you, Earthly is hitting the sauce again, happens every august,sept,oct,nov,dec,jan,feb,mar,april,may june, july. we love her tho, have both of the moons and pattys received? The heat has really gotten me this year. Lets all send so we can call the swap closed. hugs to all especially earthly who I hope can stand my humor.one of my mini rose beds{{gwi:1290654}}

• skohler
    17 years ago

CAROL
    here is the list for xmas in July as I Have it

Nitelite ------
    carol ----------------- sent & received
    earthly---------------- sent & received
    Irish_rose_grower -----sent
    squanzon --------sent & received
    Debba -----------sent
    Hummingbirddaisy -------- Received
    skohler sent & recieved
    pattygrow5 ------ Recieved
    Remy ------sent & received
    pattyp2257 Recieved
    lunamoon ----sent
    Beth-b-kodack------ received
    dancingmoon ----- sent
    Number_1 angel------

#1 Angel has Irish Rose grower
    Hummingbirddaisy NOW SENDING TO #1 angel
    Carol has Beth
    Earthly has Remy
    DebbyA has Pattygrow5
    Skohler has Patty2257
    Remy has carol
    Pattygrow5 has lunamoon
    Lunamoon has skohler
    Beth has Debbya

If you sent your box & it has not been marked as sent please let me know . ty :))

Carol if those are mini roses:)) I hate to show what mine are :(( guess they are teacup rose's :((

ok I have 2 plants I need to have name so must go get a picture back soon .
    have a great day all
    susie

• skohler
    17 years ago

Can anyone tell me what type of plant this is ???
    its like a tree :((
    {{gwi:1290655}}

this one is my butterfly bush can you tell ???

{{gwi:1290656}}

Remy Tell maryanne hello for us & hope we get to see the pictures of the 2 of you :)))

well just waiting for the sun to go down a little more
    have lots of things to do out side .

have a great evening
    susie

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Jeanette -- my box is here :-)

And what a box it is, I have received the following gifts from Jeanette. And the presentation is beautiful, all wrapped in pretty paper and ribbons.

Starting with my favorite

FUDGE!!! OMG - did you make this??? I have it cooling in the fridge for after dinner. Nothing like fudge to cleanse the pallet :-) I am very excited about this. Thank you so so much. I'm a chocolate lover. And it's in a pretty reusable red and white tupperware type container and wrapped in green & red ribbons.

Coffee plant
    Angelwing plant
    China doll plant (very pretty leaves!)
    (can you give me tips on growing these 3 plants? I haven't grown any of them before). Thanks

Pregnant onion seeds
    Nice pair of garden gloves (need badly)
    hot cocoa mix with marshmallows
    Lily note cards (thank you cards) these are so pretty, I love them!
    Pretty lavendar stationary with matching envelopes.
    Plant hangrr with a frog on it.
    Red Christmas socks
    Red painted snowman tin
    Blue lily wall hang thing to put on the wall to hold keys (is this what it's for?) it's really pretty, I think it's going on my kitchen wall.

Have I forgotten anything, I may have. What a great box you sent me Jeanette. I really appreciate all the time and effort you put in the box. What a nice surprise to come home to.

Susi - I would love to know what that plant is too. Very unusual looking, nothing like that growing in my garden - except for some of the giant weeds. And do you know the name of that butterfly? I had one on my butterfly bush too.

HI Tina - hope your feeling better. Is it cooling off yet?

Carol - your roses are so pretty. I love your yard.

How's everyone else doing? have a great night my bloomin friends.

Maureen

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie mini roses have mini flowers but the plants get big. I received a wonderful hostess gift from angel today 3 bars of citris soap, cocoa cone, fudge, slipper socks. thankyou Angel too much but I love it all. hugs carol

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I posted on the original thread that my box arrived.
    Beth sent a really nice box, and all the plants are doing very well!
    So, you can mark my name off the list. ;)

Deb

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'm pretty sure the butter fly is a tiger swallow tail. It grows from the green and yellow caterpillar I posted a picture of, on the bronze fennel. I plant dill, parsley and fennel for them and have LOTS of them all over. So far there is still some food left but usually the eat more than I can grow. This year the fennel got HUGE and can support a whole army of butterflies. Wonderful wonderful!!!

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

What great pictures everyone has posted here they are just lovely and what a peach for a grandbaby, ohh so cute. I'm a new great auntie and her name is Kaylie(will post pics later on) I'm new to the group and would just like to say thanks for letting me into your group, you all sound like wonderful people and I can't wait to get to know you all. I live here in Minnesota and the weather has been just Yucky (high temps). Yesterday and last Sunday was the first decent days in awhile. Can anyone suggest a good way to keep the moisture in with my Endless Summer Hydrangia (spelling?) planted and added much peat moss and it still seems to leach the water out fairly quickly and look droopy. The price we pay for the heat I guess. I'm also looking for some suggestions for red daylily varieties that bloom later in the season from July through fall. Does anyone have any good suggestions they would like to give me?

Good luck staying cool, cant wait to get to know you all a little better in the near future. (Will try to get my trade lists up this weekend)

Always playin with nature,
    Peace
    Char

• skohler
    17 years ago

WELCOME CHAR
    Glad to have you with this crazy bunch of gals :))

I have a couple that are sorta redish colors

this one is chicago ruby think the tag said
    {{gwi:1290657}}

this one is a unknown

{{gwi:1290658}}

then I have one pardon me but no picture of it
    right here they are all still bloomning .

Beth I marked you as sent :)) thank you debby
    for letting us know .

char looking forward to trading. one day
    susie

• mellen
    17 years ago

Char, Welcome to the group! I hope that you find us to be a friendly group of ladies. I think that we are. I just googled to see where your town is located. Do you go to the cities much? Hubby and I were just through there yesterday! Our son lives and is going to school in Eveleth/Virginia--way up there on the Iron Range. How did he happen to go there? A girl that he met on a school trip to Europe last summer. They met in Rome.LOL I live in central Iowa. You have been unusually warm there, too, along with everywhere else. Our son was telling us that people where he is living do not, for the most part, have AC because it just doesn't get that hot for any length of time. It was VERY nice when we were there for a long week-end, though. He does have a window AC unit in his apt., though. While there, hubby and I took a drive through the countryside. LOTS of pretty flowers in the ditches: black-eyed Susan, mini-aster, goldenrod, tansy, pussytoes--I'd never seen this before. I LIKE it. What are some of your favorite flowers? I am really into daylilies, hostas, and coral bells, and, and....lol
    Again, welcome!!! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Char- Welcome to our group. Hope we get to do a trade soon. I like Daylily Red Volunteer. It is a nice red and should bloom about the time you are looking for in your zone.

Susie-Love your Chicago Ruby, gosh that is a pretty one.

Earthly-That new baby is a little doll. I love to kiss on babies, can't keep my hands off of them.

We will get the Sept swap together soon. I have a few ideas. Hope this heat wave ends soon. It's too hot for digging and cleaning up beds.

I love yard sales and want to show you what I found last Saturday at one.

I only paid $2.00 for Freddie the Frog (that's what I'm calling him) I'm putting him by my pond. I think I saw him in a magazine once and he's supposed to be a butler holding trays. I hope to find a fish for him to hold and I'm going to re-paint him, kinda like a farmer type. He stands about 3 ft tall.

Shirley

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Shirley - I just love Freddie! How cool!

Maureen - Yes!!!!! The heat has let up! Yea!!!!!! 'bout time! Me and that ol' heat and humidity just don't get along boy! LoL

Char - So HAPPY to see you in this group! Ladies, this gal is talented and generous! Who ever gets her for a pal will just be thrilled! (Your box went out today by the way :-))

Susie - If you ever want to trade, I would love a fan of your Chicago Ruby daylily. WOuld you be interested in a fan of "Evening Gown"? Shes a beaut!

Earthly - Hows that beautiful grandbaby of yours? I bet she smells just heavenly.

Carol - Your hostess gift, although very late, is on the way. THank you for being so patient. HUgs

All you ladies are so wonderful, and I am so blessed to be apart of this group!
    Stay cool,
    Tina

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~~First off, i would like to say thank you to "Britneysgram" for taking over the Septmeber swap for me. I am sorry to have to back out of the swap as hostess, and of the group for a awhile...Still dont know how long, but i will keep in touch with Carol & Susie, and let them know how things are going here.
    ~~Thank you all for the well wishes and nice thoughts, it certainly helps!
    ~~Yes i sent my Xmas box to Squanzon, and also recieved a great box from PattyP2257!!..I believe i posted that i have recieved and sent, but cannot remember :(
    My best withes to all of you, you are such a great group of traders and friends!
    May you all have blue skies & soft winds..
    Trish/DancingMoons

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Trish ~

We will miss you sweet girl. Hope all is well and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs

#1 Angel - Your package is on the way with conf. # of 0306 0320 0000 4236 3653

Miss Carol ~ Your hostess gift is on the way. They wouldn't let me put a conf. on the envie unless I sent it certified for $14.00!!! Since when did that happen? Yikes! So, lease let me know when it arrives :-)

Off to play in the dirt,
    Tina

• skohler
    17 years ago

Sorry everyone but the top picture is not chicago
    ruby it is SPACECOAST SHINER : A Kinnebrew collection

# 2 IS CHICAGO RUBY
    & I DO HAVE MANY OF THEN FOR TRADE

anyone wanting any let me know .

susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Char,
    Welcome to the group! Lots of great traders here: )

Trish,
    I wrote it on the other post, but I'll say it again. I of course am sorry you are leaving us for awhile. I hope it isn't too long.

Shirley,
    I'm sorry I can't do next month's swap. It sounds like you are going to make it lots of fun!

Earthly/Maryanne is computerless until she gets home. The cottage doesn't have a computer. I did let her know about Carol's joke about boozing, lol. She thought it was very funny.
    We are going to dinner tomorrow, so I'll let her know about the messages to her about the baby.

Susie,
    You've got me stumped on that plant! I'm usually pretty good at guessing. It is going to flower soon, so maybe then it will be easy to know.

Remy

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Tina
    Your package came today- I received
    canna 'president'
    cute mini snowman pillow
    handmade crochet/knit 'winter'scarf
    xmas handtowel
    strawberry candle
    Thanks for taking me on at the last minute!!
    Jeanette

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

My post never showed up from yesterday whats up with that?
    Shirley, Your freddie the frog will look magnifico next to your pond especially holding a fish and standing so prim and proper. What a great buy I wouldn't have been able to pass that one up either, TWO BUCKS!!! WOW, thats an excellent buy on a beaut like Freddie.

Susie, those are some eye catching blooms. I especially love the Chicago Ruby. I hope to have my trade list up this weekend as I've been checkin out yours and found an interest in Serena Dark Horse and Space Coast Bold Scheme too. So I just may have to get back to you on a trade really soon.

Peace in playin with nature

Char

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Maryellen It's been hot,yep yep. We get to the cities often we live out about 30 minutes so not to far but not right in the line of all the traffic.We are in between Delano and Waverly on US HWY 12 in Montrose small community but growing leaps and bounds in the last few years. Look forward to trading with ya. I like several plants but I like unusual foilages or something that adds interest into my gardens. I also tend to be drawn to plants that have varigated leaves or bright gold or lime colored leaves or growth. I call those the punch plants because they can at times make or break the interest in a garden for visual pleasures, you know the look pleasing to the eye kinda contrast. I love to play with nature as I put it. If I think something looks out of place we try it over here or there or there. I am looking forward to trading with ya sometime soon.

Brittneysgran N Carolina Mountains sounds wonderful, wildlife, AHHHHHHH, I love it. Checked out your pics I particularly like your bearded Iris' book 2 and 8. What kind of flower is it in the flower beds pic location, that one looks interesting to me.

Remy I like your poems and writing is one of the ways to learn about ones self in their journey through life. You can see how a persons style of writing changes as they grow through the years.

Thanks for the warm welcome ya all,
    Peace
    Char

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received a hostess gift from Tina today a cute x mas dish towel and a blackeyed susan grow kit. I love them thankyou hummy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Char-Yes we really do love living in the mountains. We do have lots of wildlife, bears, deer, raccoons, & foxes have all been seen relatively close to the house. I looked at irises Book 2 & 8 and it must be the spiderwort that you saw in the pictures. Was it a bluish color?

Shirley

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Shirley, Yeah, spiderwort I think is it, now that I looked it up. Do you have alot of problems with the animals eating or destroying any of your plants. I have 2 Dianthus 'cheddar pinks' and one of them I came out in the morning to hardly any plant left. Not sure what ate it bunnies, deer? all I know is they ate the whole kit n kabboodle. I put little fences around both plants so we will see but that particular plant is now barely chugging along.
    Peace
    Char

Does anyone have a list of everyones emails or should we start one. I've sent a few messages through GW and I'm not really sure if they got through or not because of no response. Just a suggestion.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Welcome, Char! I'm new here, too. :)

Veejay's hostess gift will probably end up arriving around Christmas time the way my work schedule is going. LOL. Just kidding. I'm actually off from work on Wednesday. Shocker.

Cucumbers and squash are growing for me right now. Very exciting for this first time veggie grower!

Susie - Sign me up as a hostess for 2007!!!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

dang, where's my long (winded) post complete with pictures that i posted on sunday? oh well, i'll start over.

hello everyone. i'm back from my most excellent vacation. did ya miss me? lol my niece and i had a wonderful time. i'm certain she will hold the memories for a long time. we were absolute tourists in every sense of the word and jam-packed our week to the fullest ~~ just a few glitches but they all worked themselves out.

we arrived at remy's family cottage on sunday after a very long, exhausting drive and then just relaxed. let me tell you, when we pulled into the driveway, the outside lights were on (in case we arrived in the dark) and upon entering the air was on and there was a welcoming note, an envelop full of coupons to attractions, restaurants, etc., and brochures for everything and anything in the area. to top that off, there were some groceries waiting for us. to say the least, we were quite moved by this generous gesture.

monday, remy was kind enough to show us things of interest in her area. after all these years, she finally succumbed to the cave of the winds, an attraction of the falls on the United States side. needless to say, by the time we hit the top, we were soaked to the skin even though they supply you with a dry-cleaning type bag to protect you from the elements! the evening was spent at remy's, where her husband was kind enough to cook us dinner with a local flair. it was delicious! i also got an upclose and personal tour or remy's gardens. what a wonderful time we had.
    {{gwi:1290659}}

everywhere you go within the niagara parks area, the gardens are just incredible. we made a trip to the butterfly conservatory as well (Canadian side) and spent so much time enjoying the many varieties.
    {{gwi:1290660}}
    {{gwi:1290661}}

the falls are amazing, aren't they?
    {{gwi:1290662}}

security appeared high on the border as the week went on i assume in light of the recent turn of events in the news. in my opinion, security could and should be MUCH higher than it is. it's scary, but needed. one night, we couldn't get back into the states due to some unspecified hold-up. police cars, firetrucks, rescue wagons, cops/border patrol everywhere you looked. we were delayed for a good hour and on that particular night we walked across.

okay, so this balloon only goes up 400', but when me and heights aren't best of friends, it certainly is an accomplishment!
    {{gwi:1290665}}

we went to the aquarium as well - i thought this guy was really neat! the sign read tiger fish...not sure how it would taste LOL
    {{gwi:1290667}}

what was even more special about our vacation was that we met up with my sister and brother-in-law who live in michigan. they were in toronto for the first half of the week and the remainder in niagara falls, canada.

weather was so great every day of our trip. the nights required a light jacket and the sun shined every day. i was really thankful for good weather on our journey home as we were delayed on the pennsylvania turnpike for close to two hours due to a traffic accident. there was a lot of talk that the back-up extended 10+ miles. i took a picture, but that film isn't developed yet! naturally, the tie-up happened in between exits so everyone made the most of it. people got out of their cars, walked, talked to each other, shared snacks. some kids were playing hockey and ball...ON THE TURNPIKE....can you imagine?

it is nice to be home again, but i feel i should be running here, there and everywhere, like i did last week. but already life is back to normal . one thing, my dogs certainly missed me and were glad to see me. that was certainly a wonderful welcome home treat!

be well all, happy blooms.
    maryanne

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi all, i posted on the iris swap thread that i spoke to sue. she's home from the hospital and she is required to rest and take her meds. she's going to try to get on tomorrow to post. they haven't got to the bottom of her problem yet, but the doctor's are working on it.

trish, even if you can't trade now, stick around. that was the beauty of this group. no committments for every month to trade, but just stop by, say hello and trade when you can.

shirley, i just love that frog. he is excellent. two dollars, what a great buy! i've seen those butler type statues, just never wanted to pay the price they are asking. you did great!

carol, don't be upset. i posted the above and then realized "graphic light". you can spank me later LOL. your hostess gift, late as it is, will be mailed off this week. i have to get something in mind for marsha for this month's, so i'll make one trip to the post office.

char, welcome. it will be nice to get to know another gardener.

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. Just stopping in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. Maryanne, sounds like you had a great trip, and you got to meet Remy. Lucky you. And your pictures are great. Thank you for sharing them with us. It really is beautiful, Niagra falls. Remy, sounds like you and DH took great care of your guests. Welcome to Char and Klickitat. Nice to see you joining us bloomin friends. What's wrong with Susi, I'm going to have to read the iris thread after this. Susi, if you read this my prayers are going out to you. Feel better my special bloomin friend :-)

Hope my friends are all enjoying the summer,

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I took my grandmother to the Top of the Falls restaurant today for her birthday. So I was back at the brink again! It is a very pretty view of the falls from the restaurant.
    Char,
    I'm glad you like the poems.
    Shirley,
    One of the most beautiful things I ever experienced was driving at dawn through the Blue Ridge mountains in the Virgina/North Carolina area. I drive through there every year on my way to Key Largo, but one year we went later than normal. The Red Buds and white flowering shrubs were in bloom. It was absolutely gorgeous!
    Klickitat,
    I didn't realize it was your first veggie garden! That is exciting. The veggies taste so good. Gary made some fried eggplant from the garden yesterday. It was so yummy.
    Maryanne,
    You got some nice shots. The butterfly came out so good. And you did go on the balloon! I give you a lot of credit. You would never get me on that thing!
    Carol,
    I haven't seen you post in awhile. You out there? I hope you're ok.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Remy-What a nice host you were to Maryanne. I had to decline on a vacation going to Niagara with Diamond Tours next month. Alot of my family does all their tours but I want to put vinyl siding on my house so staying at home on this one. I love visiting the Blue Ridge Parkway also, especially in the Fall. It is gorgeous. Our Fall leaf foliage brings vacationers from everywhere.

Klickitat-Where in Ga. do you live? I used to live in Atlanta. I still go back alot and SHOP. Love all those malls and stores they have. We are very limited here for good shopping. Only have Wal-mart and K-Mart. Yipee

Char-If you want some spiderwort I can send you some. I'ts not a picky plant, very easy to grow.

Maryanne-It's always nice to go on vacation but so good to be back home again. Sounds like you had a great time and lots of good memories to cherish.

Shirley

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

I still haven't recieved a box yet.

Waiting patiently......

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Shirley Spiderwort sounds great if I could get some. I don't have your email or address but let me know if you would like a hosta of sort or something in return. My email is faithinfrogs@yahoo.com or jpregler@lakedalelink.net email me and we'll set up a swap. I also don't have carols address to send a hostess gift to so if anyones got it I'd be very happy to get it. Who am I trading with this month I didn't see my name on the list so I'm new to the group but was that last months listing I read and am I included into the Sept swap I hope?

Those pics are wonderful, and the best part is it looks so cool with the water spray when it's been so hot/humid here. Remy you guys all met up at your place or planned a meet somewhere? Sounds like fun.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

pattygrow, come out, come out where ever you are and make good on janell's package. afterall, i do believe you received and accepted a package from debby.

have we ever heard from jan or nitelite? are they out of this swap group?

• skohler
    17 years ago

Girls :)) Patty is or has been at band camp for her daughters band group for the last 2 weeks she should be home this weekend I think .

So luna you should be receiving your box soon & I can send my box out to her.

char you do not send a hostess gift for the month you do not play in UNLESS you want to just because.

I will try to get all the players names & info sheet out to you this weekend .
    Maryanne was really hoping to see a picture of you & remy together :)) maybe send one in our emails :))
    if you do not wish to post one .

well I have a package to put together have a great weekend .

susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

sue, i have pix of remy with my niece, but not her and i together...go figure!

• skohler
    17 years ago

maryanne love to see :))
    & as promised here they are :)))

new babies they are so white & so tiny hard to get good picture yet .

1wk-to 2days old :)) 4 little snowballs

{{gwi:1290668}}

have a great day all

susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

number1 angel and veeja11, I have sent you both an e-mail. Please let me know if they come thru.
    number1 angel, the first time I tried to send it, it came back with the message that your box is full.

HUgs to you both, Tina

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I went to a wedding tonight and finally saw my in-laws. My mother-in-law loved the basket of canned goods. She said you wrote a great letter. And she said you left the place nicer than when you got there!
    We didn't get a picture together did we: ( You can post the pic of me if you want as long as its not too scary, lol.

Susie,
    They are so tiny! You'll have to show pics as they get bigger.
    Remy