SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alamo5000

I think I solved the mystery

alamo5000
13 years ago

I ordered some seeds from TGS that were in an envelope marked brandywine suddith.

Obviously after spending tons of time tending to the tomatoes I was very disappointed that someone there messed up big time.

Given (only far too late) I learned that what I wanted should be a potato leaf.

Now I have 15 mystery tomatoes that I am unsure what they are....but I think I have it narrowed down.

1) I assumed that what I DO have is something else that TGS carries.

2) The fruit seems to match every description of 'Black Prince' although I will know for sure in another couple days.

The tomatoes are turning color already and appear to me to be getting that black tomato color. These tomatoes are turning color before almost all others.

My black cherry tomatoes are just starting to turn color as are these mystery tomatoes.

Has anyone ever grown Black Prince? Is it any good? On a scale of 1-10 how you YOU rate it? (I know taste is subjective)...

All I know is I have 15 of these plants that were 'supposed' to be brandywine suddith...but they ain't so I gotta live with it. Pretty soon I will know for myself how they taste but I am wondering now if these might turn out to be ok or not.

Comments (6)