SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandyinva

Hydrangeas: Are you growing these????

sandyinva
17 years ago

I have been hanging out on the hydrangea forum for several months before it occurred to me that I needed to be here. I am in Burke, and have a basically shady back yard, a few places get a couple of hours of sun, I want to plant an oakleaf, or maybe a lacecap, a limelight may need more sun??? along the back fence, it recieves a couople of hours of very late afternoon sun. I will consider anything that will grow higher than 4 feet, bloom and provide some privacy.

Also does anyone have a schizophragma Moonlight ???? I want to grow one up a pine. I know the petiolaris does well here as I pass one that is 30 feet or more on the way to work.

I purchased a mariesii variegata the other day, yet to be planted. Some people have told me that it will die back to the ground every year, others have told me that it will thrive to 5-7 feet. Certainly will make a difference where I will want to plant it.

So, as you can see, I am really confused. I love hydrangeas, I want to make the right choices for the right locations.

Thanks in advance,

sandyinva

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting