SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simon_grow

Cherimoya season yet?

simon_grow
13 years ago

I can't wait another 3 months for Cherimoya season to start! I'm already salivating over the thought of sinking my teeth into a perfectly chilled, perfectly ripened, glistening white juicy piece of Cherimoya. Excuse me while I wipe the saliva off my shirt, LOL!

Many of us had the pleasure of ordering excellent cherimoyas last season and I thought it was cool how many people shared pictures and gave descriptive explanations on the different attributes of each variety.

I didn't go through the old posts yet but I think I remmber that Dr. White, Fino De Jete and Selma were some of the more favored varieties. Since its another several months before the start of Cherimoya season (approx Jan-June)I thought it would be good to start a thread on Cherimoyas.

Please post pictures, questions, comments, info, ect...

To start, I would like to know if anyone here has tasted El Bumpo, Honeyheart and Sabor? If so, how did they taste compared to a Dr. White for instance? Was there noticeably more acidity?

Here in SoCal, our winters are generally very mild and I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of "stripping" the old leaves in order to help push the plant along with flowering and new growth. I've also heard people say that some drought stress during the winter (I think?) will help the old leaves fall off and stimulate flowering later on.

I recently purchased a grafted Dr. White and also a Honey heart. I also have two Dr' White seedlings, three Selma seedlings and two Hybrid seedlings. I'll post some pics once they get a few more leaves. I am seriously suffering from Cherimoya withdrawl! People, I need help!!!

Simon

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus