SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

new: MNF 'Garden Junk'

Calling all "Garden Junkers" !!!! Come join us as we decorate our gardens!

Plastic Flamingos,Bottle Trees,Tipsy Pots or maybe that lady bent over gardening sign!Tea cups as birdfeeders,clay pots as animals,silverware as windchimes!!!!!Afraid of what the neighbors think?? Wellll..... cute garden signs,painted rocks, & normal windchimes acceptable too!!

So, here are the RULES........

(1) As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

(2) One garden art/junk item for your buddy. Can be homemade!!!(reduce,reuse,recycle!!!)

(3)4 DIFFERENT plants.

Seeds do not count & will be considered gifts.

(4)Signups go until August 10th. Packages must be sent by the 25th of August.

(5) Priority mailing & delivery confirmation is a MUST!(NO one wants LOST art & rotted mushy plants!!)

(6) Keep it inexpensive!

(7) Have fun !

If you are someone who likes to lurk , please post a HELLO! We love Making NEW FRIENDS! Come on in and sit a spell! Have Garden Junk? We would love to see photos!!!

Let the Junking begin!!!!

Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

Comments (150)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

No doubt about it, Michele! You've got some cute & talented kiddos!! :O) Gonna have to beat the girls off of Tabor pretty soon. Better tell him to start eating his veggies & working out....Talla's gonna need a big macho brother to look after her, with all the guys she's gonna have following her! LOL

I can't believe it's almost school time again! My kids start the 11th, I've been getting their cirriculum ready.
    Ugh, I have a 7th grader this year!!! I feel so OLD!!! LOL
    And overwhelmed!! Homeschooling 5 kiddos this year! I need Linda to send me a bailey's care & relaxation package!! AGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, Bunny freakout time is over. I promise it won't happen again. :O)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

are ya doing k12 too? i am and they start the 11 also. i'm like ohhhh my goodness!!! LOL that's like right around the corner!! did you know ks is the ONLY state that pays for k12?? i'm like soo irritated. but that's ok. LOL my kids will get a great education. and they won't have to go to school!! and YOU GO BUNNY!!!! i am sooooooo happy for you!!! what did you end up doing for homeschooling?? you'll love it!! i'm here for ya if ya ever need to vent or whatever!! and i tell ya, YOU WILL!!!! LOL starfall.com is great!! we just went to that for talla, for reading. we are currently still doing that. its totally free. it has games to, so i tell talla that if she does the reading part she can do the games later. also it has a FUNNY part to explain the vowels and th, sh, y, and things like that!! its sooo cool!! TRUST me!! i'm a mommy and i like it. but then again i'm such a kid!! LOL if ya come acrossed anything email me :') ~Medo

• Related Discussions

New pictures of my garden junk

Q

Comments (15)
    super job on the raised vegetable beds...i am getting ready to do another one but this one is big and have to haul about 8 tons of processed top soil first and then i'm going to do mine like yours just a little different design with the boxes...my goes across my yard so i am going to put a fence across there with a arch and a growing vine and inside a sitting bench with a trellis over and then put some flowers in it. i am going to have three long square one's and a octagon one in the middle. and then mulch the area like you did...here is where i got my idea, just scroll down about four posters and there are tons of pictures the two i loved is the one with the trellis and the one with the poles with flowers in it...both look like a flower bed. http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cornucop/msg0419470025521.html
    ...See More

My new Garden Decor... with junk of course!

Q

Comments (30)
    That is without a doubt the cutest chicken coop ever! Those chicks of yours are very lucky! We've had chickens for quite a while...they are very entertaining too! We are down to one little banty rooster, but he definitely rules the roost! And by the way....chickens LOVE hostas!! So don't plant any close by....they will look like they've been through a shredder!
    ...See More

I met a New Garden Junking friend!

Q

Comments (10)
    Mjowest, I jumped out of lurkdom and posted my "Fall decorations", really Halloween ones. Now that Halloween is past I have dismantled the witch and will put her back to my garden lady. The ghosts and pumpkins, and skeletons are all in the box now. Will have to think of some winter crafts to do inside. I am making a coverlet for my grandson by covering an old insulated blanket with new material on the top (cowboys and horses) and sheet on the bottom. I hope it turns out. (Probably should drain the pond too) Hope to catch you home next time. Your hubby was very cordial to a stranger who couldn't remember your real name. LOL I also posted on the conversations side. I thought of taking some pics of the form that I use for the garden lady and my witch, and posting them. Pat P
    ...See More

update: mnf ' garden junk' # 2

Q

Comments (150)
    Hey! I got home from having more blood drawn, and there was my box from Joan on the porch! Paula helped me open it, and it was fun to watch the excitement on her face as she pulled out the shredded paper and saw the goodies Joan sent! Here's what we received... Plants... One Big Mystery Plant (Joan, what is this?) Mexican Heather Cypress Vine Rosemary Seeds... Sweet William Echinacea Spider Flower Blue Flax Goodies... Blue Terry Wipes Mountain Lodge Scented Candle Frog Statue (he looks like a tourist, how cool!) Garden Journal Gardening Gloves 3-Piece Gardening Tool Set Photo Refrigerator Magnet Catnip Toys for the boys Foot Cooler Black Iron -n- Raffia Planter (can't wait to try that out next spring!) All in all, a great box! Thank you Joan! ***now I'm off to investigate how to grow all the plants*** -Dan
    ...See More
  • emsgarden
    15 years ago

Michelle - tell Tabor I said it is GREAT!!! that is an adorable outfit and looks very well made! He is very talented!

• christieb199
    15 years ago

Can't believe you ladies home school. God bless you!
    May you have lots of patience this upcoming school year!

I am still interested in this swap! Anyone know who has all signed up for it and would anyone like to be my partner?

Christie

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay, I just did a quick scan of this thread, and here's a list of the people I saw who have signed up for this swap...

April/dirt_under_my_nails (the HOST)
    hazelnutbunny
    lindaruzicka
    kalena67
    nikkineel
    tracyvine
    wynative
    christieb199
    debbya

If I missed anyone, my apologies. Please say so, and make yourself known.

I've got a bunch of pictures of my yard/garden on photobucket, so how do I get them on here? Anyone care to 'splain it to me?

Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Medo~ We're doing the Alpha Omega course, with a lot of improvising! LOL It seems that *for the time being* Arkansas has really relaxed homeschooling requirements, so we're able to pick and choose what we want to teach. The ONLY thing we HAVE to do is take the standardized tests in April & of course, let the school know by the first of August that we're homeschooling.
    Oh, you also have to sign a waiver, saying that Arkansas has no responsibility for your child while you're homeschooling...basically, you won't hold them responsible if your kid ends up dumb as a rock!! LOL

I've got the first month scheduled. We're using a year-round schedule, 4 weeks on and one week off, for a total of 50 weeks for the school year. Lots of outside activities included, field trips & weekly trips to the library. Book reports & science projects....also trips to the private church school (where they've gone for the last 3 years) for some visiting with their friends & teachers.

It's going to be a busy month, but we're all excited. The kids are looking forward to it, and I can honestly say I am to. I love taking responsibility for my kids' education & being able to spend that much time with them.

I know....in a few weeks, I'll be begging for grandma to take them for a few hours! LOL

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ahhhhh bunny your tha bomb and you can do it!! LOL BIG HUGS TO YOU!!! LOL i am so anxious!! hubs warned me!! no laxing like last year!! i said uhhhh duh, (inside of course!! LOL) **big grinn** i mean they are on a real schedual now, and with real pc's and real material, but they only have to do 10%, but i'm gonna make them do alot more than that!! that's for darned sure!! i hold the bar pretty high when it comes to education. i hate it when i can't figure out what to do!! LOL so now its pretty much done, so ya knw!! LOL they will be very busy every day and unfortunately so will i!! LOL talla will be the tough one!! errrr that one drives me nuts!!! stubborn as heck!! LOL as soon as i find her niche or whatever ya call it, she goes and changes on me!! hmmmm.... to much like me!! LOL **big grinn again LOL** ~Medo

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

My hats of to you gals doing the home schooling! I'm not so sure I could do it!

I'm going shopping for supplies this week-end for my garden junk project! I can't wait, I think its going to be a fun project. It just has to be a secret for now for my future partner! :)

April, I hope your vacation is going great!

Karen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Dan, I think you must have gotten a little too much sun without your sun hat on but I am not signed up for this round. I told April that I am just swamped with all of my garden projects so can't get myself overwhelmed with more projects. lol!

Tracy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

well then, Tracy, where's the hat? it is feeling a bit hot here, and when I get into the garden, it's even worse. I got out into the dirt today, digging and planting, and was all hot and sticky after about just 10 minutes.

I've got a question for you all about posting pictures. I've got mine on photobucket now, so how do I get them here for you guys to see? I tried copying and pasting, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? I'd like to show off my jungle, but don't know how!

Later! Gotta go install the a/c in the livingroom.

-Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I just noticed that I'm on the list too....but I had to drop out. I'm not even sure I can participate in the one I'm hosting!! LOL
    Here's a corrected list:

lindaruzicka
    kalena67
    nikkineel
    wynative
    christieb199
    debbya

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Thanks for reposting that. Whew, thought I was going to have to mail out another unexpected box for the month. lol!

Dan, I told ya, it's gonna have to wait until you get your hot fat head back in town from New York, gotta have time to pick out just the right one, pretty it up for you real nice and all that. Can't rush these things! lol!

Ok, posting pictures is pretty easy. After you resize them how you want them to appear on the forums then click on the html code for Websites either located below the picture you want to post in your album page or located on the right side of the picture if you have it by itself on photobucket. Then right click and choose copy, come back to the forum you wish to post it in and right click in the message box. Choose paste. You should be able to see the picture in the preview page before you submit the message.

I just did a test on your bird bath picture and it comes up really big on the preview page so resize it down just a tiny bit and then go ahead and post it. If you leave them as large as they are now then they will elongate all of the text in the previous postings here and make it a little hard to read.

Hope this helped you.

:o)
    Tracy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Y'know something? I just realized I never included myself on that list! Then, of course, HNB corrected the list, and I was still not on it. Hmmm, must be all this sun shining on my "hot fat head", eh Tracy???

So, let's try again, with another attempt at a correct list...
    lindaruzicka
    kalena67
    nikkineel
    wynative
    christieb199
    debbya
    dan_the_mailman

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hee hee, your poor mellon. Is it getting all red on top? I will hurry, I promise! Whew, glad to see you made it on the list. Can't skip yourself now! Silly!

So, did you try the pictures? Did I make any sense in the directions I gave you? Hope it helped.

T

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Just popping in to say hello! This swap sounds wonderful, but I'm going to have to skip out this month due to some current health issues.

Will definitely pop in to see what's going on, though :)

Allison

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i hope you get better allison!! or whoever it is!!
    my mom is in town, YAY we get to go visit, VBS is this weekend, ahhhhh they keep getting shorter. whats the deal?? i do hope that tomarrow is a good turnout!! its usually ok, but we don't have the bigger church. so ya know. so we are gonna stay the night with mom and come back go to vbs, go back and stay the night again, MAYBE depends on how things are. LOL i do not see pics of gardens in here on this one, whats the deal?? LOL
    this is the one that i'm proud of, tabor built the box, hauled the dirt for me. and put in some of the flowers when i was feeling really sick for a while.
    talla and i did the rest, she planted some of the flowers, and she helped me empty the ws dirt in there, and made it look nice!! we made very mannnnyyyyy trips from the back yard to the front!! LOL in the heat and humidity!! but it was worth it for daughter time and this!!! LOL
    {{gwi:1279302}}
    it seems like everyday its filling out more and more!! LOL
    now if only allllllll of the grass would die!! LOL
    but the dang idiots who live around us who let theirs grow to seed, well, ya get the pic!! LOL
    ohhhhhhh and ya remember the tomato/potato seeds someone was trading?? dang those dont' taste to bad. kinda good with a little salt and pepper!! on bread and........ LOL **big grinn** but the tomato's are HUGE i'm talking sandwhich huge!!! 1 slice covers a piece of bread!! i've never seen them that big!!! LOL ~ Medo

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Heya All,

April, great job for a swap, I wish I could join this month but am going to have to pass for another month.

Medo, send Tabor down here for a couple weeks PLEASEEEE!!! He is an awesome youngun! Great job Tabor on Talla's dress and on "Momma's" garden boxes and all the work ya do! Medo your garden looks great!!!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello All! Well we made it home very early Thursday morning.Two weeks a year is NOT enough time to spend with my parents,sister & niece.The leaving is so sad it almost makes me to not want go next year. Notice I said ALMOST! Still very jet lagged & still on east coast time.I did manage to water all my plants today. The white eyed susie vine in the planted chair got fried as I thought it would . Will try to post very sad photo of it MUCH later today.

Thanks for the updated list for swappers everyone! To all that are passing this time around I've had to do it many times myself! Please still stop in to gab!!!

To all you ladies homeschooling......my hats off to you!!!I don't have the nerve. My kiddos start back on Thursday. It'll be just be & the almost 2 year old at home. Maybe I can start cross-stitching or knitting again?

I'm gonna try to get some sleep now.
    Later....April/dirt

• medontdo
    15 years ago

welcome back april!! glad you had a great time! leaving is always the hardest part!! i know that!! :'(
    geeze yours start back 2 days befor mine do. i remember when school used to start in late aug. now its early aug. i think when i was little it used to be sept. heck befor you know we'll be like in germany and china. they go all year long. suni was telling me that in korea they also go all year long too. but of course in germany its half days, and they have longer breaks. i know when we were in germany while we were on summer break they were still in school. but at noon, here they come. LOL
    hope ya'll have a great weekend!! HUGS ~Medo

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

glitter-graphics.com

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's scorching hot here! We got up around 5:30 this morining to go fishing. By 9:00 we had enough heat. Only one itty bitty fish was caught. My youngest got sick in the car on the ride home.GAG!!She has been sleeping for awhile now. Guess it's better if she can sleep it off. I just hope it not contagious(Got a message from Lovebnretired/Clara about joining the swap. So come on out Clara & tell us a bit about yourself. We are a nosy group!!LOL!!

later...April/dirt

• chrizty
    15 years ago

awwwwwww medo what cuties! awsome job on the outfit:)
    tell tabor he did a great job on the flower bed!!:) wish my son got into gardening!
    my kids dont start school till the end of this month, cant wait lol funny how ya cant wait till summer to spend more time with them then at the end of summer ya cant wait till school starts lol, my hats off to all that home school too! dont know how ya do it! :)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Where is everyone?????

Brooke is much better.Her system seems back to normal. Meet the teacher night is tomorrow. Taylor is really excited to be going to back school & Brett can't wait to ride the bus for the first time.He's not too happy about having a nap time though.Poor Guy!LOL!!

We are headed out junking. 2 new thrift stores opened while we were away. Woo HOOO!!
    later....April/dirt

P.S.
    Tracy~ I have something for you & need your address please.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

***packing***

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

April, Welcome back!! I'm glad you had a good time and I bet it is soooo hard to leave!

Good to hear Brooke is feeling better! Have fun junking!

Vic

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

April, welcome home! I am so happy that you had a great visit. I know how you must wish it was for longer. How is the baby doing? I hope much better! I am praying for it not to be the beginning of something, maybe just a little carsick? (whispering a little prayer!) I sent you an email. You are such a sweetheart! Big smooches!

Michele, your garden looks great! I am seriously going to have to kidnap Tabor. That little man really knows his stuff. Big Hugs for him!

My kids start back on the 20th. I can't believe it is time to go back already. My youngest son is starting kindergarten this year. Hard to believe it will be just me and my daughter at home. It will be so strange and quiet.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

how old is emma?? isn't that her name? its so hard to remember things sometimes. **sigh**
    tonight a friend of tabors came over and helped me put the door pieces in my gh, its been my holdup. and helped me square it off. also he helped me put a few other pieces together on it. actually this guy is tabors kinda teacher. he's teaching him the engine stuff. and how to do measurements. ya know things like that. so he said to get a few things done first then go ahead and finish the rest.
    yesterday talla got 4 teeth pulled and when some of her perm teeth get in she's still gonna have to get 1 more pulled because she has such a small jaw line and her teeth are so big. her other one is coming in where its supposed to be, i mean that its moving to where tis supposed to be, and as soon as the stuff wore off, she was out of pain, she was not in any pain at all. she brushed her teeth as usual today. dang girl just dont do pain. LOL
    good luck on your trip dan ~Medo

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Michele, poor Talla's mouth. I can't believe how tough she is, I'm sitting here cringing and gritting my teeth just thinking about it. What a brave girl she is!

Yep, that's my little girly's name, she's 3 (and a 1/2!lol!). She and I are going to have some major one on one time. At least until her big brother gets home. He will only have 1/2 day kindergarten so will be home by lunch. Ah, only one more kid to go...

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Michele, that poor little girl! Tell Talla I think she's one tough kid!

I'm still on the fence about joining this month, I better make up my mind! I really want to but............

I invited a newbie to come play with us! So say hi to Joan if she makes it over her, and at least Dan won't be around to scare her off! LOL *JK Dan*

Vic

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OUCH!!! 4 teeth on the same day!!! Poor Talla!

Come on Vic....ya know ya want to join!! You said you had found some cool ideas. It would be a shame not to use them. No pressure or anything! LOL!!

Tracy~ sadly it was not carsickness. Me, Brett & Taylor all 3 were sick very early this morning.Great way to meet the teacher tonight, with everyone carrying in their own barf bag!

Dan~ good luck with your week of pleasure.

Was there anyone who is okay NOT receiving plants this time around? I know Christie is interested in this swap but having a few plantless issues.I hope to have the buddy list posted on Sunday morning.

later....April/dirt(who wishes she had a Vernor's gingerale)

• wynative
    15 years ago

I just bought a REALLY neat book on how to make some AWSOME garden junk!!

This weekend I will be trying my hand at them and if they turn out decent my partner will get some :)

Come on Vicky - PLAY WITH US!!! PS did you get my very belated email? or are you still fishing? I wanted to go this weekend but I am FINALLY getting my laser surgery on the 19th! Guess I better save some pennies so that I can go shopping while I am there. I have to stay over one night - it is 3 hours away in Loveland - and since it is the day after school starts I will be by myself. Not sure how I am going to survive over 24 hours by MYSELF, shopping for MYSELF, getting to watch what I want on TV, bathroom time by MYSELF..... Oh my, a little bit of heaven! My sister is keeping my daughter and I think I will turn my phone off, also LOL

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

April~ I hope ya'll feel better soon! Yuck, that's no fun at all. Seems there is a summer flu going around, lots of folks here have it. Oh, Yay! :O(

Ooh, Marie! That does sound like fun! Well, all except the laser surgery! Although, I'm sure that will be worth it after it's done! :O)

Medo~ I've got your DL seeds nearly ready for you. I'm just waiting on a whopping big seed pod to dry, then I'll have them out. I am hoping that the seed pod is as full as it looks!! That sucker is HUGE!!!

Here is Aubeni's first corn harvest! She was excited. Although, why they call this miniature "blue" corn is beyond me....it's definitely a purple color! LOL

{{gwi:1288065}}

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Hey guys! I'm a newbie and was wondering if I could join in? Vic said you guys were having a ball.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

April, I am so bummed for all of you! ARGH! Not the FLU! I hope it passes quickly and you feel better for your meet the teacher night!

Hi EJ! Welcome to the group! We would love to have you join our gaggle of friends.

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

April, I hope you guys feel better soon! That's just Yucky!!

Marie, the things we have to do for "private potty time"!! LOL I am jealous!! Yes, I got your email, sorry I'm so slow responding, my mailbox was full!

Jane, see, I told ya we take in ALL strays! LOL
    You will have fun here, but we do tend to 'pry' into your personal life : )

IF I do play, I would also not want to do plants, I just don't have much to send......I do have a couple little ones, but that's about it.

Vic

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hello EJ and welcome to our bundle!

April I sure hope ya'll feel better quickly and am soo sorry it hit just when you got home!

AHH Marie sounds of the sweet life!!! ENJOY girlie girl!!!

Its still so hot and dry here although we did get some good rain from Eduard we still need lots more. It looks like it might rain some this afternoon but the way it usually works is it will rain on the other side of town and not a drop here lol. I planted some fall flower seeds (well they just don't know that they are fall seeds ;) ) and they are sprouting, YAYY, now just to keep them from drying lol.

Medo give Talla a big hug and tell her she is a very strong lil Pixie! I cringe just thinking about her having four teeth pulled, OUCHIE!!!

Pixie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome Jane!!!We love newbies!!!!

Vic & Christie~ since you both are pretty thin when it comes to plants.....would you two want to just swap a junk/art item with each other?

Marie...so laser surgery..... that's what it now takes for some "ALONE" time? LOL!!!
    later...April/dirt

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Great! I'm going to "speriment" (That's how my daughter used to say experiment - she was not so good with s's) on you guys with this. :) If my project turns out good, I may try to make some more for Christmas gifts. You guys are obviously having a ball and I can't wait to join in! And I thought I was busy, ya'll are making me look plumb lazy with home schooling, babies, etc. Whew! I'm tired just reading about it.
    Thanks again for letting me join!

Joan

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

April, I think Christie wanted someone to swap with that didn't want plants, but could send her some as she is trying to get her gardens established also.

I really need to get to the Farmers market again, they had some huge iris fans for $1.00/ea. but they are prob all gone now : (

Jamie just got a call, starts a job tomorrow!! Whoo Hoo!!
    He feels much better, esp. after thinking he had at least 2-3 weeks of work up in northern montana and those guys drove over 4 hrs ONE WAY Mon (after packing up all their tools and stuff) to find out it wasn't ready and turned around and drove all the way back home! He was sooooo MAD!
    And it doesn't help that he's been suffering with a tooth ache for almost a month now, but won't spend the money to get it fixed! Talk about grouchy! I was kinda looking forward to some quiet time with them being out of town....I know, I'm bad.......

Joan, what do you mean you can't wait to join in?!? You're already in! LOL
    Now you're stuck! But you will enjoy it, and I know what ya mean about these gals, they are busy, busy bees! I, on the other hand am on the feeling plumb lazy side with you! I keep blaming it on getting used to living at a higher elevation in the thinner mountain air! LOL It's worked so far!

Vic

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

LOL I can't use elevation here in MS as my excuse for laziness so I'm gonna blame it on the heat! 108 in the shade with the heat index! Humidty was 89% at 7 AM. It's too hot to do anything! That's why I'm lazy.
    Great your DH got a job. They're hard to find right now.

Joan

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Same here Joan, just to blasted hot to breath! It is supposed to rain later, keeping my fingers crossed, its just ugly out there, don't even want to open the blinds to look outside, everything is wilted or crispy!

Hi everyone! Hope some of you are staying 'cool' and if anyone has any water to spare we could sure use it here!

Have a great day
    Frances

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa,

Wow, Aubeni's corn is beautiful! My daughter and I have tried to grow the colored kind but the coons like it just as well as the sweet & field variaties...

April,

Hope you feel better quickly! We have a few cases here in little ones, not adults yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it and it interfer with my 'alone' time LOL

Vicky,

Yes, it is amazing what we will do for just 5 minutes of 'alone' time, isn't it? hehehe

Just a heads up for all of you with little ones, bathroom time doesn't get any better as they grow. My daughter is 13 and my Son is 23 and they both still think it is their God given right to just walk in, hop up on the counter and start talking about who know's what!! Both of them agree that since I am the Mom it doesn't count. And to quote my darlin' baby boy, "hey, you signed up for this and just remember how excited you were when you brought me home!" I tell him one time that I was super excited when I got to bring him home finally when he was 3 weeks old and it has come back to haunt me time & time again! :0

Welcome Jane! This is a fun group - I am a newbie to.
    Marie

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

OHHH France everything here is very crispy, :( it is raining again today (remnants of Eduard prolly) and we got rain from it yesterday but its sooo hot and humid it takes your breath away literally!! Its too hot to cook supper even but I am tonight, trying a new recipe that I have been craving since I saw Tracy post it. The rest of the week we are having sannies and cold salads, very light things. Frances I am hoping you get some rain soon too.

Marie you are right on the bathroom issue! I just have one son at home now with me and fox. Being the only girl in the family you would think I'd be priveledged eh?? Nopers doesn't happen that way. We do have two bathrooms but "mine" is in the very back of the house attached to the masterbedroom and sheesh its not as big as the guys bathroom lol. Although the only two that follow me back there to "talk" to me are the kiddos "Rebs and Mud"

I didn't know you were a newbie Marie.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Whew, I thought it was hot here today but it is only in the high 80's! You guys have got to be melting down south. I was out putting in a tiny lasagna bed next to my shed this afternoon. I totally overdid it with hauling wheelbarrows full of compost. I thought I was going to collapse afterward. Wasn't nearly this bad when I did the big bed in June! Goes to show how the humidity can make things so much worse. Yick!

Joan, you aren't lazy! Heck, with that kind of heat even breathing is hard work!

Frances, I wish we had some rain to send you but it has finally dried up here.

Trina, I am so happy that you are finally getting some good rain. I hope it sticks around. I know it's not in time to save the vegies but at least the perennials may perk back up.

Marie, you are certainly not a newbie, you've been around for ages darlin! I have a firm bathroom policy here. If I am in the Potty then do not ask me any questions, don't bother! If I hear "Mom?", I ask "Is the house on fire?, Is anyone bleeding?" The answer is always no. Then I say "Don't bother asking I am IN THE BATHROOM!!!!!" A girl's got to have some privacy! lol!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Marie, it isn't just the little guy that follows me in there! Jamie always feels the need to walk in and ask "whatcha doin?" Sometimes I say something like "cooking dinner" or "doing laundry" LOL

Tracy, I would love to have it in the 80's here! It's been mid to high 90's but with it being so dry it only feels like the mid to high 90's LOL, at least that's how it feels to me!

Vic

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Evening All! Everyone was well enough to go to the school's open house. First day of school tomorrow!! Already getting teary eyed thinking about my little man's very first day of school. The house is going to be VERY odd without his little noises.

Pixie~I'm sorta glad it hit after we got home instead of while we were in the air. One diaper change per flight is all we(and those sittng near us) can handle!

later...April/dirt

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

thought I had better brush off the dirt and pop in..how's everyone doing??

• medontdo
    15 years ago

aubeni's corn looks awesome!! she did an awesome job!! (((HUGS TO THAT ONE)))
    talla said thank you!! and thank you so much for all the seeds and stuff you sent her (from befor LOL)
    thank you so much hnb!!!

make sure ya'll don't have the west nile virus april!!!!!!!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Love the corn! I planted a row but the deer ate it. :( The high today is only supposed to be 102! Practically like a COLD front coming through. AND they're saying we might even get some rain!!!!! Yeah!!!! We're still about 8 inches below normal for the year. I'm seriously thinking about trying rain dancing if we don't get some relief soon.

Joan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Morning All!!!
    Well the kiddos are at school. It was really sad! Took Brett to his classroom,helped put away his stuff,& I said bye gave him a peck on the cheek. When I happened to look back he was trying soooo hard not to cry! He sorta smiled & waved & I took off! Bawling like a baby of course!
    I'm good!(for now) He'll finally get to be around boys for a change instead of his sisters.I know he'll be fine & have fun.(chanting this as a mantra!)

I went ahead & posted new thread as this one is almost full.
    later...April/dirt

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

(((Squeeze))) April, It is soooo hard watching them go for the first time. I get like that with each one as they cross over from being my little baby.