SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

What trees do you dislike?

LibbyLiz
17 years ago

I used to work at a nursery/greenhouse & heard the guys there say how bad certain trees are in upper UT; Russian Olive & Siberian Elm, & how so many people dislike them because they're so weedy.

Maybe there's something wrong with me because I like those trees. I don't think there are any trees in UT I dislike. I think UT could use a whole bunch more trees. But then I've lived in heavily forested states; Western WA & AR, & loved the scenery.

When we moved into our rental home on Hill AFB in the summer of 2004 the only tree we found on the property was some sort of Locust, possibly Honey, at the edge of the front or side lawn that we share with the neighbor.

So, wanting to contribute & make the area look nicer, hubby bought an Austrian Pine & I bought a Jacquemonti Birch & we planted both in our backyard last summer.

Beyond our backyard on the neighbor's side against the cement block wall that ends the property line is a tree that grew 6' since we moved in. I had it identified as a Siberian Elm.

Comments (21)

Sponsored