SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahuchi_gw

Can I plant Tomatoes in these, also have some other questions

mahuchi
15 years ago

So I am unemployed, and very inspired to plant lots of great stuff on my deck which gets full sun. I have tomato plans from the nursery ready to go, and seeds for: eggplant, pole - green beans, peppers. Can I plant in these inexpensive containers?

http://www.novoselenterprises.com/products/container.asp\

They were suggested on this amazing forum, but I am not sure if they are just for starting plants, of if I can use them for the my plants for the whole summer. I am thinking of getting a whole bunch of the 5 gallon ones.

I plan on starting the seeds in smaller containers (which I already have), but then hope to move them to the bigger pots, for their permanent home.

I have read up on all the tricks of the trade, but am not clear on soil. I have 2 large bags of Miracle Grow potting mix...but it sure does get expensive....and frankly I cant afford to fill 15 - 20 5 gallon pots with the expensive potting mix. Can I use top soil from the nursery, for the bottom half, and the Miracle Grow soil for the top 1/2 or 3rd?...would save LOTS of money!

Also....how big do my seedlings have to get before I move them to the bigger pots....let's say for the eggplant and peppers.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Comment (1)