SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
kliddle_gw

first semi-annual utah seed swap is scheduled for 3/22/2008

kliddle
14 years ago

the first semi annual Utah seed swap will be held March 22 2008 at the downtown salt lake city library (210 east 400 south) in conference room 4. just in time for spring planting.

the swap is from 10:00 am 12:00 pm. i will be there to set up just before 10:00 am. if you can come early, i would appreciate the help. stay as long as you like, but plan to start clearing out about noon (we must be cleaned up and gone by 1:00pm).

HOW IT WORKS

simply show up. if you have seeds, bring them and swap them. you are not supposed to sell anything at the library so be aware of that and any personal deals you make keep them personal. if you don't have anything to trade, come and hang out, maybe you can bum some seeds anyway. you can always go buy some interesting seeds at the store beforehand and divide them and come tradeÂthey don't have to be seeds you collected. generally a trade is the amount of seeds you would use in a single planting. that might be a few, it might be hundreds, but there is no set number. you are welcome to bring cuttings and plants or anything else a gardener might trade seeds forÂjust keep it clean as the room is only free if there is no cleaning involved.

if someone wants to volunteer a 15-20 minute lecture as well we can add that on.

please invite your friends and neighbors and carpoolÂthe more the merrier. i will post a flier you can hand out or post up in a few days.

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST. if you are not a member of gardenweb and want to attend, it is not required, but please take a few minutes and join our forum. it's free and we would love to add you to our discussion groups.

hope to see you all there. the room will fit about 50-75 people.

Comments (24)