SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiojay

Latest fruit of my labors

ohiojay
15 years ago

Wanted to share a couple of pics with you. The dragon fruit is our first ever from our plants. It wasn't very sweet but it tasted a little more sweet than most white-fleshed fruit I've had before. It was very refreshing and I was pretty tickled with it. I did try a wedge with fresh lime drizzled over it. A very nice variation of the flavor. Would be an awesome new fruit if ever developed!

This next is an Inyen wax jambu that had fallen off before reaching it's supposedly full red color. This is also one of four of the largest fruit the tree has produced to date. This is also only the second time it has fruited! There was only a total of 8 fruit and 4 of them were about half the size of the one in the pic and they fell off a week or so ago...none fully red either. I'm very happy with the taste even when they aren't at their full potential. They are sweet and very refreshing. I like them and so did my wife...which is a plus for me. Wax jambus I've tried before in Thailand have been bland and far from sweet...which could be due to how they like to pick several types of fruit long before they are ripe to dip in a salt, sugar, chile mixture. I have 3 fruit still waiting to turn more red. I will stay away from that part of the greenhouse to keep from bumping the plant!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21