SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanpeg

Anyone else growing the 8 foot tall Lily Trees/Bushes?

Oceanpeg
9 years ago

Planted some of the 8 foot tal lBreck's Lily Trees a few years ago, and, they are just breadth taking when in full bloom. I'm container growing mine and they are in a 3 foot wide by about a 20 foot long area between the house and my sidewalk in a senior complex so I use the tall tomato cages to support them when they are full of flowers. Here is a photo from last year when they just stated blooming. Each year, they seem to grow taller and taller and more blooms per plant. I leave the tomato cages in the containers all year long and can decorate them in the winter months with holiday decorations... I like container gardening because of a bad back and being over 70 years old and living in a senior citizens complex. I just use Miracle Grow plant food on them every once in a while, when I think of it. They really don't need much care at all. Have lower growing Lilies in a row of 3 more containers in front of the Lily Trees. The deer don't seem to bother them, especially since I have the Dial soap in the colorful striped socks hanging off of the tomato cages...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals