SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmhausman

Yard Update 7/17/11

hmhausman
12 years ago

Its been a busy mango season. My apologies to those that I was going to try to mail mangoes to. Things have been a bit hectic with some family medical issues. I was not able to do what I had intended to do. I am still threatening doing some airlayers on various things. I hope I have better follow through than I did on mango shipping. In anycase, here's some update on what's going on in the yard.

I finally will get to try my abiu that has only fruited one time before this only to be stolen when it was ripened while i was away.

From Jul 17, 2011
From Jul 17, 2011

A couple of 5 pound Lancetilla mangoes....you know, that condo mango that everyone wants to grow.

From Jul 17, 2011

Sugar apple tree with good fruit set:

From Jul 17, 2011

Illama "Genova Red"

From Jul 17, 2011
From Jul 17, 2011

Grapes anyone? Tari's Burgundy Bunch is the cultivar. Hey Ethan....you make a heck of a beer, do you do wine also?

From Jul 17, 2011

One of the mangoes that I haven't tried yet, San Felipe, one of the curator's choice from Fairchild.

From Jul 17, 2011

One of the new plantings, compliments of Mango Kush, its St. Maui. I heard some good reports about it from Murahilin even though Top says that it has a rich, guava-like flavor. That didn't sound too good....but, I figured I'd give it a chance.

Bryan: When I planted it I was surprised to see the potting mix that you were using. It looked like what you'd use to plant blueberries. Lots of peat and pine bark.

No sand or any other drainage enhancing material.

From Jul 17, 2011

Another of the mangoes I haven't tried yet....Madame Blanc. There are two fruits nestled in there somewhere.

From Jul 17, 2011

The Ivory mango...new planting....grafted by Jeff hagen and commented on favorably (to put it mildly) by Abayomi.

From Jul 17, 2011

All for now.

Harry

Comments (24)