SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kebrown_gw

know any sources for good soil, compost and mulch?

kebrown
18 years ago

To start I would like to say how much I appreciate all of the folks who post and provide so many great ideas, help and suggestions. I recently found these forums and they have been such a tremendous source of information!

While I know it would be best to have my own compost bin, I don't - so every year I try to find somewhere that I can purchase some good compost and mulch for my garden beds. When I saw this forum I got very excited - what a great opportunity to ask other people who live near me and can sympathize with my clay soil!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get some 'good stuff' this spring?

Also, at the end of last summer we had a concrete patio slab put in right off the house in the back yard. Looks great (looks like slate)- the only problem is that the top of the slab is about 3 inches off the ground and I was not expecting that! Seems that I will have to get some good top soil to build up and level off to the yard and to the beds on either side of the patio. Again, I will ask if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks so much and I look forward to when I can help to answer questions instead of just ask them!!

Comments (2)