SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladon_gw

Preventative Spraying....What to use.

ladon
12 years ago

Every year I go through the same conflict. I know there will be a point in the season that certain tomato diseases will start affecting my plants and I will wish that I had started spraying earlier. Well this year I'm getting on it. I've started a regular regimen of spraying with Serenade as a preventative, but I know there are lots of opinions about what is really the best spray to use. Some swear by Daconil...it's not for organic gardening, but its the best at controling leaf diseases. There are also the arguments for copper, and a host of other methods. I'd like to get the discussion going, because many of us will be dealing with these issues. In Southern California, the primary diseases that we get are leaf fungi. They hit my plants every year and by mid season the plants, although still producing, look like crap...yellow and brown leaves, etc. Should I continue with Serenade? Or switch to copper? Or just get out the big guns early and use the Daconil? What are your thoughts...and success rates?

Thanks all!!

Don

Comments (16)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor