SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candycow_gw

columbine seed swap

candycow
16 years ago

lets have a columbine seed swap post here and lmk when your seeds will be ready and we will work from there mine are starting to be ready

when everyones are ready send them to me in a sasbe and ill divide send them back out and everyone gets new seeds

candy

Comments (44)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    oh I have to do this one, my columbines will be ready in a few weeks, they all flowered well and are setting seeds.
    I will let you know when they begine to ripen.
    I have some from last year that have been in the fridg, will these be ok to?
    thanks michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hi candy
    I have started picking my columbine seed heads.
    my fresh ones are
    black barlow
    nora barlow
    ruby port
    lt mauve and white
    but I also have from last year
    orgami- red /wt
    native/canadians
    unknown blue
    unknown wt
    unknown pink
    unknown purple
    maybe we can still get some more people to join as they start harvesting their seeds.
    check my list and let me know if you have any seeds I don't have ( I have all my plants and seeds listed on my trade list ) and if this swap dose not work out maybe you and I can trade.
    thanks michelle

• jeraperthro
    16 years ago

I have some seeds in the fridge now from a white-on-red columbine (I don't know what exact name, they were there when I moved into the house last year.) I would love to trade some for some other colors' seeds to cross-pollinate. I'd love purple. :)

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Candycow,
    May I join this one please?? I love them . I have several in my fridge now and awaiting a few more. My Laprechaun gold is now on it's second blooming. PLMK
    Melanie

• smh78
    16 years ago

i have some nice white aquilegia vulgaris that did very well this year and have a lovely mounding habit. I would love to offer those up for this trade. I'm afraid that's all I have--the slugs got the rest. Do any of you have slugs that love columbine leaves? The ones in my garden eat all the leaves then leave the flower standing naked at the top of a long leafless stem. It's so sad. Needless to say, those varieties didn't make very good seed :(. Anyway, I'd love to be in on this swap. Candy, thanks so much for organizing it.

Sarah (smh78)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    candy you have not posted if this swap is on or not.
    please let me know if you don't want to do this swap anymore, and I can host it.
    thanks michelle

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Candy
    Is this a swap or not? I am really interested.
    Thanks
    Melanie

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello everyone
    lets give candy a few more days, and if we don't here from her say by next monday, I'll host. if she turns up she can send her seeds to me and she can still perticipate. I have some great seeds and would like some more in return. they don't have to be names but it would be great if you could list the color and if they are single or double.
    and please no more than three packs of the same kind. please send a list with your seeds what kind you are sending so you don't get the same ones back, and don't forget to send postage for the return.
    I'll keep watching, and I'll try to find candy's e-mail, I have traded with her before and it should be in the e-mail trash somewhere.
    get your seeds ready to go becouse one way or another we'll have this swap.
    michelle

• thegardengeeks
    16 years ago

I have some purple and white columbine seeds, I am not sure of the name but would love to be in on this one. PLease let me know if it is still on as I would love to be included as well! Thanks, Robbi

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

I have some spring magic rose and ivory that I've already collected. I also have some nora barlow, yellow (I think it's a canary?), blue & white, and ruby port that I haven't collected yet - they aren't quite ready and i'm not sure how many seeds i'll get from them this year - the nora and ruby port are new this year (at least in my yard). Everything is open pollinated and I know sometimes columbines get a little mixed up that way, but they are one of my favorite flowers and I would love to participate if it's ok with everyone. How many packets of seeds should we send? and how much per packet?

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    candy can't host due health problems, she said it was ok for me host.
    lets see if we can get seeds in by aug. 1st.
    mark all seeds with name/color and year collected, seeds from 06 are ok but please no older.
    I would say at least 15 seeds per pack and no more than 3 packs of each kind.
    I will return them as fast as I can.
    I will try to e-mail everyone with my address tonight.
    well I think thats all for now let me know if you have any questions
    michelle

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Thats good, I have others not quite ready yet and this gives up some time.
    Thanks Melanie

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I sent my adress to everyone except SMH78, I can't send you an e-mail from GW, if you send me an e-mail I can forward you my address.
    micyrey72@earthlink.net
    please let me know if anyone has not receved my address.
    thanks
    michelle

• littlegardenhoer
    16 years ago

I'd like to join, I have about 5 or 6 different kind of columbine seeds drying now.
    littlegardenhoer

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello littlegardenhoer
    I need your e-mail address so I can send you my address.
    you may want to try and get you e-mail or at least a link set up so we can e-mail you.
    thanks michelle

• jeraperthro
    16 years ago

Micyrey: I emailed you my address info. I have some red columbine seeds, and I'm interested in obtaining some blue and/or purple shades. Thanks. :)

• jeraperthro
    16 years ago

Thanks Michelle

I'm sending three packets of red columbine seed. I don't readily know the difference between "double" and "Single", but from pics I've looked at online, I'd call these Single. And going on that, I'd say it's the "single" type that I'm looking for in the blue/purple range. Maybe someone could post some single-vs-double pics to confirm for me? Thanks
    Eric

• littlegardenhoer
    16 years ago

I have the problem fixed now and you can send me email through garden web.
    littlegardenhoer

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    I will be sending seeds today. I am sending:
    3--Grannys Bonnetts ( double)
    3--Leprechaun Gold ( single) deep purple flower
    3--White Alba (single)
    3--Mixed (purple and pink) single bloom
    Is this enough
    Melanie

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    littlegardenhoer- I sent you my address

if anyone has not gotten my address yet please let me know

melanie - that sounds great

se ya later michelle

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Michelle - I would love to join, if that's okay! I don't have any blooming yet (not till next year, probably), but I have lots of commercial ones I would love to swap! If that's okay, please let me know! Otherwise, I'll wait until next year :) Please let me know!

Thanks!
    Rebecca
    "beckilove"

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    beckilove left over comm. seeds would be fine as long as they are not too old. send your seeds in by aug 1st, I want to have this swap done and all the seeds sent back before we go on vacation on aug. 19, so everyone please try to get your seeds in as close to the 1st as possible.
    I'll send you an e-mail with my address.
    michelle

• jeraperthro
    16 years ago

I did some looking to be sure, and yeah, those are the single-type seeds I sent.

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I got seeds today from chrystalake, eric apple
    and roddi hoy.
    eric - you did not send postage for the return, next time you do a swap please send stamps for me to return your seeds.
    we have some good variety already.
    see ya later
    michelle

• jeraperthro
    16 years ago

Michelle: Sorry, I wasn't thinking. My first time doing this. I'll remember from now on.

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I got seeds yesterday from beckielove
    if mt count is right we are waiting for 3 more then I can sort and send you all back your seeds.
    michelle

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting me know they reached you Michelle! Can't wait to see what comes back!! This is so much fun!
    Becki

• littlegardenhoer
    16 years ago

candycow my seeds are in the mail as of yesterday, be on the lookout.
    littlegardenhoer

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

my seeds should be there shortly - thank you so much for hosting this - i hope to have a little more variety next time!

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I got seeds from littlegardenhoer today, WOW you sent so many, I might have trouble sending you back 24 diffrent columbines. so far with most of the envies in we only have 14 diffrent kinds of columbines ( thats with out mine, but I don't think I have ten diffrent ones ) would you mind if I send you a few other seeds to make up the diffrence, I don't want to send you more than one packet of each kind, unless you want extras for tradeing.
    let me know
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I got seeds today from kandituft.
    the only seeds I don't have yet are from smh78, there is not an e-mail to get a hold of her so I will wait till thursday, and if I have not receved eather a message or seeds from her I'll go ahead and sort and send.
    littlegardenhoer - I now have 22 diffrent kinds of seeds for you but if I don't get seeds from smh78 than thats all the seeds I can send you unless you want me to send doubles of something or I can send some seeds from my stash other than columbines. please let me know
    michelle

• littlegardenhoer
    16 years ago

surprise seeds from your stash sounds good to me.
    littlegardenhoer

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    littlegardenhoer - ok I'll look at your wants list and pick ut some seeds for you.
    I know I said I'd wait till thursday for our last persone to get a hold of me, but I think I'll get started sorting tonight. if it goes quickly I'll have them out tomarrow or friday.
    I mixed all my "mixed columbines" I have gotten from trades and swaps and I think I have enough to send everyone a bonus mixed columbines packet.

I will post when they all go out.

thanks everyone
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    well everyones seeds are on the way. and I think everyone got more than they sent :)
    I love the seeds I picked out too.
    a big thank you to everyone for sharing their seeds with the group, we all should have lots of great flowers.
    those that live on milder areas (zone 6 and up) should be able to plant some seeds this year and maybe have flowers next year. the rest of us will have to wait. columbines winter sow well and I have over 75 plants I started this way and are doing well.
    please let me know as they get home I will keep track.
    have a great day
    michelle

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Thanks Michelle
    I am so looking foward to these seeds, they have become my favorite.
    Thanks again
    Melanie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    They arrived today! Thank you so much for hosting this swap! I'll have so many different columbines!

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    My seeds arrived today. Thanks for such a great variety of seeds.
    Melanie

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

My seeds were waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I started giggling when I saw them and I think my husband thought maybe I was a tad touched for a moment until he realized what they were. Thank you everyone!

• jeraperthro
    16 years ago

Michelle and everyone,
    My seeds arrived today. Thank you so much!

Eric

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'm very glade everyone is getting their seeds.
    I hope you all enjoy them
    michelle

• dsmitty97
    13 years ago

Hey all, I just moved into a new house that has a half wooded Lot(1 acre) and its been my dream house for years. Needless to say the only growing here are the native wild flowers (Jack-in-the-pulpit, viginia Blue bells and MEGA Lady fers, I really want some color so don't have no seeds to offer yet, but wondering if I can still get a few seeds from some of you and start trading next year ? I do have castor Bean seeds I could offer in trade from my last house.

• SEWigardnut
    13 years ago

Can we do this again. Our daughter is recently married and bought their first house and I'm helping her with the gardens.

• jade_dragon71
    13 years ago

I would love to do this as well... should be ready in another 2 weeks or so.

I have:

"Lime Sorbet" Barlow var.
    lavender "double", looks like "Dorothy Rose" except not pink
    unknown deep purple "single" var. lost tag for?

• miss_daisy
    13 years ago

i'd like to join this. i have about 8 different kinds of seeds , some only one trade and some lots of trades.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County