SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfed_gw

Curled leaf on potted up seedlings?

15 years ago

I recently potted up my Brandywine seedlings, which had just gotten their true leaves. I removed the netting from the peat pellets, moistened the peat and gently separated the plants (I planted three seeds per pellet per the instructions on the pellet box). Then I put them into 18-ounce plastic cups with large drain holes cut into the bottom. Initially I was using MG Organic potting mix, but then I read catman's terrible reviews of the stuff and switched to the normal MG mix. I watered them thoroughly, and have been keeping them under grow lights.

Now it's been almost a week and, while the plants are getting taller, the leaves on some of the plants are wilted slightly, and curled on others. Is this a normal "shock" from the process that they will recover from or is it something more serious? One thing that may be at fault is that I've been leaving the lights on 24/7. Does that stress the plants? I have seen people saying they only run the lights 16 hours, but no one seems to indicate that too much light is a bad thing. I'll try and get some pictures tonight if that would help.

Comments (7)