SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilyfanatic4

how big do indeterminets get? need trellis ideas

daylilyfanatic4
15 years ago

Hi, I realize this is a very broad question, I really would like to know if a 4ft high trelliss will be tall enough. I know that in some places tomatoes can get 10' tall and they normally get 6'-8' tall. I live in SE NY and my garden only gets about 5 hours and 50 minuets of sun Could I get by with a 4ft tall trellis?

Does any one know of a way I could make say a 3ft tall structure that the tomatoes could grow up through and then lie flat on the top?

any structure must be fairly small no longer then 3ft and no wider then 2ft.

Please any ideas?

I have done a search both here and on google and I read many (not all) of the threads. however everyones supportt system seems to be much bigger then 4ft and I really an't build anything taller then taht for various reasons. I know I should of only got deteminet varieties but until somebody can make determinet Brandywine NAR Kellogg's breakfast Japaneese black triefle Matina jetstar and a few others I'm stuck growing indeterminets on na 4 ft support. sprawling won't work either If I let that happen I could only fit 4 tomatoes and nothing else.

Thank you for any help!

Comments (16)