SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clairtx

Plant Swap in Fort Worth area

clairtx
16 years ago

I have Mexican Petunia (Chi Chi) to swap for low growing perinneals, preferably Victoria Blue Salvia

Comments (151)

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

oh boy - we're in the "fast and furious" phase right now!!

Fairysoapgirl, I DO have an ehrlicheer for you (I had "hidden" them from myself so I wouldn't move them to Quitman!) - and for the leucojum I'd love a feather grass if you still have one.

Carrie751, you can have another Kerria japonica - if you have any flame acanthus I'd love that, if not the Kerria is up and needs a home! (I did tell you that this spreads, right?)

Catlunatic (love that name!), I will make sure you get a water hyacinth. Do you want water lettuce with that? Or a water canna - Thalia? (I feel like a fast food joint..) I would love to have some arrowhead, and if you want more than the water hyacinth I'd like dollar bonnet and/or lizards tail - anything but pickerel weed as I have that to share as well.

Thanks all!

Lin

• fairysoapgirl
    16 years ago

Sylvia - I was going to ask, buuuuuut... looks like you caught yourself! :o) I like anything pink, purple, lavender, blue... huge, deep, brilliant are great descriptive words, but whatever you think is pretty and/or you already have dug. BTW, Beverly Sills is about to bloom! Peppermint soap it is!

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Ft Worth Swap April 12, Part Deux!

Q

Comments (151)
    I'm trying to get my list of swaps posted before we go to Part Tres! Carrie751 (Carrie) Aspidistra (center stripe); Kerria Japonica; Water plants -water lily, water hyacinth, Water canna (Thalia dealbata) For: Wood Fern; Gloriosa Daisy; Mock Orange; Elephant Ears; lyre-leaf sage Debbiedo7 (Debbie) Rain lilies (Zephyrantes candida); tall pink (Chi-Chi) Mexican petunia; Obedient plants; Elderberry plants; Narcissus - Ehrlicheer and Avalanche (Seventeen sisters); Small (low-growing) purple mexican petunia; Spanish Bluebells; Leucojum Aestivum; Water plants - Small duck weed (a little) For: Name tag SylviaTexas (Sylvia) Agave pups; Rain lilies (Zephyrantes candida) For: shade plants Tina_2 (Tina) Aspidistra - center stripe (larger pot) For: Large green aspidistra Barefoot in Texas (Brenda) Spanish Bluebells; Leucojum Aestivum; Water plants - Pickerel Weed, water lettuce For: Lunch Mikeandbarb (Barb) Spanish Bluebells; Kerria Japonica (2) For: Texas Yellow Columbines; Lady in Red Salvia; lyre-leaf sage Mommyfox (Julie) Rain lilies (Zephyrantes candida); Spanish Bluebells; Leucojum Aestivum; Beautyberry For: Violets; Jewels of Opar Ambersas (Dorothy) Arum Italicum (small pups); Kerria Japonica For: Loosestrife; Violets Seamommy (Cheryl) Water plants - Pickerel Weed, Small duck weed, water hyacinth, Cyperus, Water canna (Thalia dealbata) For: Four o'clocks; flowering quince Planopondnut (Sally) Arum Italicum (small pups); Spanish Bluebells; Water plants - water lettuce, water hyacinth For: passion vine; walking onions; photinia; redbud Let me know if I left anyone off!!! I have one last trip east before the swap to dig up or find things to trade!! Lin
    ...See More

Fort Worth Autumn swap Forest Park October 21st 2017

Q

Comments (24)
    Seems like everyone is very busy, so autumn swap is cancelled. I will be at Brown childs Park on Farley Street just south of 287 bypass in Waxahachie on the 14th, was some of the things I already have potted up, hope I won't have to care for them all winter long LOL.
    ...See More

Fort Worth Autumn swap Saturday October 12th 2019 Forest Park

Q

Comments (30)
    Linda, I do have roses but I don't think I should share with anyone right now. I've lost 3 to Rose rosette disease this year and numerous others for no apparent reason the past two years. Maybe it was also Rose rosette and they just didn't show the obvious signs. Marshall's Grain is having an awesome sale so I picked up extra's of a few things. See if any of these interest you. Bougainvillea cassandra plant Luna hibiscus Plumbago (light blue flowers) Santa Barbara Mexican Bush Sage white trailing lantana I don't think this is the same as Sylvia's plumbago. This is not a ground cover type and has light blue flowers.
    ...See More

Fort Worth spring swap April 18th, 2020 Forest Park

Q

Comments (12)
    I plan to come this year and bring a new friend, my co-worker's mom. Sylvia, I have an abundance of manfreda that thrives in sunny, hot locations. I'll bring some for you. I also have some agave protoamericana pups that like the same conditions. I think that they top out at around 4X4. I have a nice patch of the comfrey that you shared with me some years back. Pretty blue flowers!
    ...See More
  • fairysoapgirl
    16 years ago

Lin - the feathergrass is in a 4" pot, so these are not huge, but do have roots and very pretty... I love this stuff. I want to be sure that is ok...

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    I will have to go check to see if the carnations & the picushon made it. I had some damp off & not sure what ones have made it. I started them a month ago & they're still pretty small.
    Next year I will start things earlier to give them a chance to be mature for the trade.
    I bought a light set up & will have it all together by then. LOL
    All that to say Let Me Check haha

Dana,
    I would be interested in the pots of every shape and size, especially if you have large round or rectangle & the carolina or confederate jasmine. I already have you & Lane's name tags.

Thanks,
    Debbie

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Fairysoapgirl, thanks for asking - 4" pots are fine. I usually buy 4" pots so I can afford more variety, knowing they'll grow - with the added bonus that it helps me build character through patience. :)

is that the grass that grows along the George Bush turnpike up in Carrolton/Plano?

Lin

• dannab1
    16 years ago

Brenda,

what am I bringing you for food??

See my list above, I also have
    --red bee balm
    --purple woodland violets

• dannab1
    16 years ago

Didn't think of this till just now....
    would anybody like tadpoles??
    Our spring pond (small low spot in the pasture!)
    is full of them.

• necia
    16 years ago

Ok,here goes! (Sure hope that I don't accidentally delete this before I get it sent!)

Catlunatic - Were you able to catch my post above about your Flame acanthus, Darci Sage and Duelberg Savia? It went by so fast that it might have been a blur! LOL

Debbiedo - The 2 zebrinas, 2 Persian Sheilds, and 1 garden sage sound fine. I will take the nametag with the iron garden gate and flowers. Also, do you still have any the burro's tail and string of bananas? What color is your scabiosa?

Weenerdog - I have you down for Garden Sage, Monarda, and violets. I would like some ajuga and sedum! Pretty please! =)

Weldon - I have you down for Persian Sheild, B&B Salvia, Becky Shasta Daisy in trade for Beard tongue.

Planopondnut - Persian sheild for Wood Fern. (The Persian Sheild is still a baby, I hope that is okay.)

Dannab1 - I would like one of your volcano plants and a carolina jasmine. Do I have anything that interests you?

Fairysoapgirl - I would love to trade for the basil and thyme, but, I only have the B&B Salvia, my Sister has the goat poop and she hasn't posted her trade list yet. (2 more goat babies were born yesterday! So she is busy!)

Sylvia - Do you still have some blue mistflower?

Mommyfox - Do you still have some yellow iceplant?

MikeandBarb - I will trade you my 1st born for some Texas Gold Columbine! (Although you may not want her, she is 15!!!) Also, do you have any Navajo Bright Salvia?

Lin - Do you still have Obedient Plant, Kerria Japonica (come on, you can fit a few more in your SUV!), and Beautyberry?

dcarpenter - I will trade you my 2nd born (13 y.o. girl) for as much pineapple sage that you can spare! (Just kidding! I love these girls too much to give them away!) Also, do you still have any sedum angelina or kamstchtka?

Seamommy - I would love some coneflower.

Carrie751 - Do you still have artemesia, wood fern and gloriosa daisy. ( I LOVE Gloriosa Daisy!)

Brenda - Lunch for ?????????

Well, that is all that I can think of for now! My brain hurts!!!

• fairysoapgirl
    16 years ago

debbiedo7 - the daylily and black eyed susan are full grown plants, so I'd like to trade those for other fully rooted plants... so, for now I'll bring the chocolate mint to trade for the name tag??

Lin - I don't know if it is the same grass, but mine grows about knee-high, is REALLY soft and blows around in the wind beautifully.

Necia - No prob! Basils are just babies... and lots of em! So, I'll bring baby basil and creeping thyme for black & blue salvia. Goat babies are really cute! I had a friend back in California, and I'd go to their house and kneel down and the goat babies would jump on my back! Too funny!

• planopondnut
    16 years ago

Maureen, I checked, and yes I can bring you a redbud seedling, as well as the fern, and salvia.

Necia, a tiny start will be fine, thanks!

I hope my pots of black & blue salvia will recover from the transplant in time for the swap! They look upset (droopy). :-/ I may have to trim off the tops.

Oh, my poor back! :)

Sally

• weenerdogg
    16 years ago

Here is what I have so far. Please let me know if I forgot anyone.

dcarpenter (darlene)

tansy and queen annes lace for oxalis

planopond nut

white daffodil and white oxalis for hen and chicks and soap and catnip

mike and barb

butter and eggs for ?

debbiedo

scabiosa for coco peat and catnip

Necia

Salvia Officinalis, Monarda and violets for ajuga and sedum

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Weldon I have plenty of Black and Blue salvia. What cha got to trade?

Necia, MMM, I'll pass on the teenager been there done that 3 time in a row and survived HA.

I would like some Standing Cypress seedlings in exchange for the TG Columbine and the Navajo Bright is a baby that just rooted if you want it.

• dannab1
    16 years ago

I have you down for a couple of volcano plants and a jasmine

I would like shasta daisy, standing cypress, or black and blue salvia, whatever you still have!

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Necia, I still have a lot of artemisia and I will see if my helper comes this week to dig up more wood fern. I have a lot of it, but just unable to dig it. I think I can probably find another gloriosa daisy, also, and I have a lot of flame acanthus (though small it may be)-- it is all in four inch pots, but it grows very fast.

I will probably have extras of some of this, and other things I have not listed, so stop by my table and see if I have something you want. It just got to where my head was spinning -- we were moving so fast. (grin)

• necia
    16 years ago

Barb,
    The standing cypress are still little babies, so let me know if you see anything else that you would like.

Dannab1,
    Sounds great!

Carrie751,
    What can I bring you in exchange?

I think that I will need to start a spreadsheet to keep up will all of these trades! I like the idea that someone posted above about bringing a printed list of pre-trades and putting your table. Good idea!

Happy Gardening!
    Necia

• planopondnut
    16 years ago

Jenn, I'll also be bringing you some variegated vinca.

Julie, my Mom is bringing blackberry, raspberry, and dewberry. You can have some of each. :)

Sally

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

Ooo Sally! What would your mom like for her berries???

The yellow ice plant didn't make it, sadly. :(

• necia
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention that I am in need of a ton of plastic nursery pots! I have over 50 wintersown seedlings that I will be needing to pot up before the little plant swap that I am hosting here in Wichita Falls.

If anyone has any extra plants that you are just going to throw away, I would love to bring them back to my other swap! We are expecting quiet a few newbies that have no plants at all.

Thanks,
    Necia

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Hi Sally - What would your mom like for a raspberry and dewberry seedling? The Japanese rose (kerria japonica) is very nice, I have a small (quart sized) catmint that I split, and of course Mexican petunias (pink tall and purple low clumping). I also have Tropicana cannas - or if she likes fruit I have elderberry transplants. I also have a bunch of tomato seedlings (mostly small-fruited like isis). I hope there's something on my list she'd like!

Hi Necia - I still have Obedient Plant and Kerria Japonica, and I have a small (quart) Beautyberry if you'd like it - I have plenty more but they're in Quitman and I'm not heading back there before Saturday. If you have any of the following left, I'd be interested in Persian Sheild seedlings, Shasta Daisy, Black and Blue Salvia, or Standing Cypress seedling (listing so many in case you're out, I don't expect them all).

Thanks!
    Lin

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Necia, how about hollyhock and kitchen sage? It is okay if you are out of these.

• necia
    16 years ago

Lin,
    That sounds good! The Persian sheild and Standing cypress are small seedlings, so I don't mind bringing you all that you have asked for!

Carrie,
    Got it! The Garden Sage is small but I plan on feeding it some worm poo fertilizer tomorrow to give it a boost!

=)Necia

• fairysoapgirl
    16 years ago

weenerdogg - are we swapping chocolate mint for white sweet alyssum??

• weenerdogg
    16 years ago

Yes fairy, we sure are. Thanks for reminding me.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Necia, we're set! Excitement builds!!!

If anybody wants a copy of the spreadsheet I'm using to mark who's getting what and what I'm getting in return (and also gives me a total of the number of each items I need), please send me an email to barkingdogwoods @ gmail.com and I'll send it to you. It's how I knew I had an "oops" with Spanish bluebells and had to go split one of my own pots.

Also - logistically - does everyone bring their own boxes/bags etc. to get their trade stuff? I don't know that I have enough boxes or carriers for the dozen or so folks who are getting all of the (gulp) 65 plants I now have takers for (not to mention the aloe that I am trying to dump - I mean get rid of - I mean rehome - I mean "gift" to gardening friends!).

Lin

• necia
    16 years ago

Lin, Too funny!!!

I have been saving the cardboard trays that my DH's beer comes in. I also save the cardboard boxes that are cut down into trays that we get at the checkout line at Sam's Club. I still won't have enough carriers, though. Maybe I should buy DH lots more beer! LOL

And yes, I am getting very excited!

=)Necia

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Michelle/fairysoapgirl

If I have my drutheres about it I would really prefer the HEMEROCALLIS 'SILOAM BABY TALK' (DAYLILY) for the name tag. OK I googled it & fell in love. That's why I had astricks by it.

Thanks,
    Debbie

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Boy, I leave home for the day and look what happened. You guy's went nut's LOL.

I'm doing my best to go back over all three pages to make sure I haven't missed anyone. Now I'm about to fall asleep at the wheel here.
    From page three so for this is the only ones I seen needing and answer

debbie does your friend have anything else to trade? I already have what she is offering in trade.

Toadlily..Got ya down for texas gold columbine

• planopondnut
    16 years ago

Julie and Lin, I'll ask Mom what she wants. Rest assured, she will put your names on the vines you both want. Thanks for the trades!

• catlunatic
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    It was a very busy day in the garden. I kept getting sidetracked while trying to pot things up. The rye grass is taking over my wildflowers so I had to stop and pull grass for half a day. Then got sidetracked by hummingbirds. I had on a red t-shirt that they kept checking out, so had to go in a get the feeders ready. I find so many other things to do other than what I set out to do.

First off:
    Debbie I would love a name tag with the cat on it. I figured I was too late since I didn't get involved until til yesterday. I will have Mexican Mint marigold,Passionvine, and a night blooming cereus for you.

Jenn: You asked for butterfly attracting plants so that's what I will bring.

Necia: I have Flame acanthus, Darci sage,and hopefully a henry duelberg salvia. If you still have a standing cypress or queen anne's lace that would be fine.

Planopondnut: I have some Horsetail reed potted up for you. The water celery for trade will be fine.

Danna:I have you down for henry duelberg salvia and passionvine.Could you really bring tadpoles?

Linn: I will bring arrowhead starts, Lizard-tail and some of the bonnet. Our trade is for water hycinth.

I will also check for pots and baby food jars. I wish I had known about that sooner. I just had a long run with a sick cat and went thru alot of chicken babyfood.
    did I miss anyone?

Hope

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

All right fellow plant lovers

*******LAST CALL FOR NAME TAGS WILL BE WEDNESDAY.********

IF YOU HAVEN'T PICKED ONE OUT BY THEN, I'M SORRY BUT I WILL BE PRINTING & MAKING THEM ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY.

I AM STARTING ANOTHER THREAD FOR JUST FINAL TRADE LISTS.

My head is spinning from trying to keep up with all the trades & if we have a place to post it will keep things easier in the end.

• aprilintx
    16 years ago

Hi guys,

I haven't had as much time as I thought I would to make stuff, so here's what I have in stock now:

~Shea Butter Lipbalm--Buttercream (7) or Cool Mint (5), sells for 2.25

~Shea Butter Footbalm w/tea tree and spearmint (6), sells for 3.95

~Goat's Milk Lotion with Shea Butter (12)--lightly scented w/ Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, sells for 9.95

~Goat's Milk Soap with Shea Butter: Cucumber Melon (7), Lovespell (2), Ruby Red Grapefruit (4), Energy (11), Nanny Oats w/ground oatmeal (20), and unscented Goat's Milk & Honey (7), sells for 3.95 each

~Whipped Shea Butter with Aloe Vera Oil (6), sells for 5.95

~Gardener's Hand Scrub (sugar scrub w/ shea butter and finely ground pumice), sells for 6.95

These are all professionally packaged, suitable for gift giving. ;)

I also have plenty of goat "berries"--mixed with hay--sorry, I'm not picking them out. =) And I have free-range eggs too, if anybody's interested. I sell them for 2.50 a dozen...

I would like to trade for drought tolerant perennials and shrubs.

Thanks!
    April

• aprilintx
    16 years ago

I'll trade for herbs and daylilies too!

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

APRIL,
    DO YOU STILL PLAN ON GOING TO THE DENTON SWAP? IF SO I'D LIKE TO GET THE GOAT POO FROM YOU THEN. I'LL HAVE MORE ROOM FOR THE STUFF.

Would you like to trade a cool mint lip balm for a name tag?
    Also I can trade you some yellow Stella D'Oro daylilies for a Whipped Shea Butter with Aloe Vera Oil

Debbie

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Hope what color is the henry duelberg salvia?

Barb

• necia
    16 years ago

Debbie,

Did you see this above about the nametag? I just wanted to make sure!

"Debbiedo - The 2 zebrinas, 2 Persian Sheilds, and 1 garden sage sound fine. I will take the nametag with the iron garden gate and flowers. Also, do you still have any the burro's tail and string of bananas? What color is your scabiosa?"

Also, April won't be at the Denton Swap, that is the day that I am hosting the Wichita Falls Swap and I would KILL her if she weren't there to help me!!!! LOL

Happy Spring!!!!!!!!
    Necia

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Planopondnut, Sally does your sister still have some scabiosa daisy (blue)? Anything on my list she'd like to trade, I do have some Hardy Red amaryllis I could dig up, it is small flower not the large ones?
    I am going to get all the rest of the digging and potting done today I hope. So this means I'll have extras to swap out.

There will be a list of my have's and wants. On this list I will leave room for you to put your name beside the plant of choice and the name of plant you have to trade. Thank you

• planopondnut
    16 years ago

Barbara, sorry, what Sandie thought was scabiosa daisy actually turned into Ageratum (blue mist flower). She's sorry to have made the mistake. She hasn't seen sign of the scabiosa so far. :(

• catlunatic
    16 years ago

Hi Barbara, The hd salvia is blue. I don't have much of it except lots of little seedlings. But if you don't mind small.

Hope

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Ah, Hope, can't I interest you in anything else besides the water hyacinth? I feel our trade is too one-sided, with me getting the better deal!

Maybe a water canna (Thalia dealbata)? It's not a canna at all but a very pretty plant none the less. Or I have some unknown-color water lilies, or some oxygenator plants. Or canna Tropicana? There's got to be something more I can give you! Some catmint maybe? I have a quart pot that I separated if you'd like it...

Thanks!
    Lin (barking dogwoods)

Here is a link that might be useful: Water Canna (Thalia dealbata)

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Thank's Hope but I have blue, hoping to find the white one.

No problem Sally, maybe she'll have something at the swap we can trade for :)

BTW, Y'all I know we've all been very busy but I'd like to make a reminder if I may. Please tag your plants with plant name, water requirements, sun or shade requirements. Thanks.
    Barb

• aprilintx
    16 years ago

Hi Debbie,

I'd love to trade for the nametag and daylilies. I was just thinking last night that I need more yellow in my side bed.

I forgot to say in my wants, that I don't really care for red or orangey-red flowers. (I'm sure my sister is laughing at me now!) I need some mints, too, if anyone wants to trade. DH makes mojitos alot in the summer and last year we had to --BUY-- (gasp!) mint at the grocery store! I have one little peppermint plant started, but I'd love to try other kinds.

BTW, I just put the price of my items to show the trade value, I don't expect anyone to buy anything! =)

Thanks!
    April

• aprilintx
    16 years ago

Debbie, I like the iron gate design too!
    April

• carrie751
    16 years ago

April, I can bring chocolate mint if you like.

• fairysoapgirl
    16 years ago

April - sent you an email, I also have creeping thyme and basil starts - I can probably find one more chocolate mint to dig all for some goat poo?

Debbiedo - uh oh, I sent the Siloam Baby Talk daylily to my mom this morning... so, it is no longer available. I also found an old magnetic conference namebadge in the drawer this morning, so you don't have to make a namebadge for me - one less!

Mommyfox - did you see my post above? I have for you: creeping thyme, Choc Mint, Purple Oxalis, basil starts and Ginger roots?

• planopondnut
    16 years ago

Julie, Lin, and Debbie-- I just found out that my Mom (Charlene) is only bringing raspberries and dewberries. I misunderstood. She has just planted some blackberries, but doesn't have any to share yet. Sorry!

If you are still interested, Lin, she is interested in the tropicana canna if you still have it. Otherwise, the Kerria. Julie, she is interested in the boxwoods, if they are miniature (12 inches tall or so). Otherwise, the love-lies-bleeding sounds marvelous to her. :)

Sorry again,
    Sally

• barefoot_in_texas
    16 years ago

Okay - my head is spinning. Can't keep up with who has what. But if we haven't already arranged a trade for lunch - some of things posted that I'd be interest in are: volcano plants, basil, bee balm, mondara, rudbeckia, etc. etc. etc. Really, I'm pretty easy. I like perennial and re-seeders and we have sun, shade, part sun, etc, etc, etc. Also have a pond. Dannab -would love some tadpoles.

• dcarpenter
    16 years ago

Necia, I can bring you some sedum angelina and kamtschaticum. Not sure about the pineapple mint, will have to look. I do have a ton of the Artemesia - Oriental Limelight if you would like some. I'm not sure if you have anything left for trade, would like a persian shield, but I think they have all been spoken for. If not, don't worry about it. Thanks.

Hope, do you have any clammyweed left? If so, check out my trade list on Part Deux and see if anything interests you. Thanks.

Barkingdogwoods, I would like one of your kerria japonica if you have any left. Do I have anything that interests you? I will have a few more plants at the swap that I don't have listed. I still have to dig and pot them up this week. Thanks.

Posie4u, I do have sedums angelina and balticum for you. What do you have for trade? Thanks.

Also, I was wondering if the plant swap is rain or shine? I don't mean to jinx it, but with the Texas weather, you just never know :)

Darlene

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

fairysoapgirl - Oh, I missed it before! That sounds great!

Sally, I'll take any berry plants! I haven't tried raspberry or dewberry before, but I'm willing to give it a go! The boxwoods are big (like, 3 feet) so I'll put aside some amaranthus for her.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    16 years ago

Hi Sally - I will put aside both a Tropicana Canna and a Kerria for your mom for a raspberry and dewberry, if that's fine with her.

Darlene, I have a Kerria for you. If you still have St. John's wort, I'd like that; if not then some tansy; if you don't have that I'll just see what you do have - I like surprises!

Dannab1, I'd love some tadpoles but I don't know what I have that you'd want :(

Lin (barking dogwoods)

• aprilintx
    16 years ago

Carrie--sounds good, what would you like to trade it for?

Fairysoap--I just realized I had my old email address still listed. I updated it, so plz resend!! The creeping thyme and basil would be great though.

April

Sponsored