galium
15 years ago

The Earth Laughs in Flowers
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cracked Pot GardnerÂs is a swap group that share their

plants, cuttings, bulbs, seeds, gardening supplies, etc. with

one another. We also share gardening tips, pictures and

friendship. The hostesses for this group are

Michelle/micyrey and myself Mariann/galium.

Everyone should have received an email with their partnerÂs

name and address:

PARTNERS
Jeanne/sandlapper_rose swaps with Sharon/scottrell
Mariann/galium swaps with Diane/sassyd
Michelle/micyrey swaps with Huong/hmle2217
Linda/ibartoo swaps with Tracy/tracyvine
Louise/esiuol swaps with Sue/sguanzon
Deb/debbya swaps with Trina/pixieluvplants
Becki/beckilove swaps with Karen/kalena67
Tammy/thelwig55 swaps with Marie/wynative

BIRHDAY CELEBRATIONS FOR JULY
Diane/sassyd-July 6
Mariann/galium -July 17
Karen/kalena67-July 18
Linda/ibartoo-July 24

~Please have your boxes in the mail by Monday July 28th
(If you need an extension please contact Michelle or myself)
~Post the DC# when you send
~Post when you receive your box.
~Please have your Exchange Page up to date to help your
partner.

Comments (150)

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Linda!!! Don't you dare dig plants! I will be more than 'grateful' to do this for you! I will send Tracy a box on your behalf. (I won't put anything in it, but I'll send it,

Now ya'll know I'm kidding. I'll treat my Tracygirl right!

Seriously, let me do this for you Linda. I'll be so happy to know you're not out trying to dig plants.

We Cracked Pots gotta stick together, even when we can't always stay in the pot!

Please take care of yourself hun. And keep us posted when you can:) Hugs sweetie!

Mariann......this is Thanksgiving Feast, blooming this year in my yard...hope you like:)) It has 6 huge seed pods one it now!

I'll keep checking and will get a box out to Tracy, now please know I'll be gone for the last week of July to Aug. 3rd so Tracy you may not get it until I get back, and I know thats okay with you, it just needed to be said:) I'll get to work on it now and see if I can get it our before I leave.

Anyone besides me up for a chat? Email me. If not, will check in later. Have a good night girls.

Sassy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Linda,
    I hope you feel better and really soon! How upsetting. You take care of yourself. I had some things going on where I had a tingling in my right hand and forearm, my left lower lip area, and my right leg and foot. They ran tests last fall and never did figure it out. It has improved a lot over time... still have "episodes" with it though. I have tried not to eat or drink anything that has artificial flavorings and colorings (hard to do the way they make food these days) and I have been going in for acupuncture treatments lately. The last month or so has been the best I have done in over a year, but I am not all the way better. I hope your problems will respond to minor treatments and you won't need surgery, but let me know if you need any help.
    The plants you sent me are doing great. I am so pleased with them. I got at least two of the hydrangea cuttings to root.
    Get well soon!!!
    Jeanne

• Related Discussions

Anyone Use Gardner & Bloome Potting Soil?

Q

Comments (20)
    Gardner & Bloom Garden Soil is formulated from composted forest products, coir and rice hulls, together with a number of common organic fertilizers. It is intended as a soil amendment, not as a replacement or substitute for regular garden soils. And it is not intended for container use. It does not contain recycled wood that could contain lead paint residue or any biosolids and it IS OMRI approved. When used as directed/intended there is no risk of damage to plants - that is more likely to be the gardener's fault :-) I grow tomatoes in a closely related Kellogg product and have had no issues whatsoever with them growing lush, healthy and extremely productive. btw, WA state has a monitoring and registration system for all commercial packaged fertilizers and soil amendments sold in this state to comply with requirements for maximum allowable levels of heavy metal concentrations. It was one of the first states to undergo this sort of analysis and AFAIK, is the only state to have have a regulated database of these products. If they don't meet the requirements, they cannot be sold here. All the Kellogg products, including the G&B products, meet these requirements.
    ...See More

UPDATE: March ~Cracked Pot Gardner's~ You Pick Seed Swap

Q

Comments (86)
    I thought I'd post the list again. I know I missed someone either sending or receiving. Please double check your name and let me know if I made a mistake. Fran/ncgardengirl-received Frances/fcoffill-sent & received Mariann/galium-sent & received Alana/poisondartfrog-sent & received Tammy/greenthumbgrow-sent & received Karen/Kalena67-sent & received Linda/ibartoo-sent & received Shelly/sred98-sent Michelle/micyrey-sent & received Jeanne/sandlapper_rose-received riley17/Holly-sent Annie/canyonwind-sent & received Margo/smitties-sent & received Sue/sguanzon-sent & received So, has anyone started their new seeds yet??? I did-I started Rudbeckia 'Goldilocks' that I received from Margo plus a few other seeds. Hope everyone had a good weekend, Mariann
    ...See More

UPDATE: Cracked Pot Gardner's~May~ Continued

Q

Comments (32)
    Hi, everyone! I just got a box delivered by my wonderful UPS man (of course I had no idea he was coming and I looked horrible - go figure!) from Tammy! Thank you so much, Tammy! She also sent a thank you for the box that I sent, so I am happy to see she got it! Tammy sent me: Potentilla 'Goldfinger' a Geranium a plant that I'm not sure what it is, but it's got a bud! Daylily 'Sherry Lane Carr' with buds! Daylily 'Burning Inheritance' Daylily 'Blizzard Bay' Daylily 'Krakato Lava' Daylily 'Red Peacemaker' Daylily 'Marilyn Siwik' Daylily Unending Melody 'Lifting Me Higher' (I hope I got that right) Daylily 'Omomuki' Wow, Tammy!!! Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!! You girls are going to have me rolling in the daylillies!! I can't wait to get these planted (I typed as I opened everything!) Gotta get back to making supper! Hugs, Becki Here is a link that might be useful: My new blog
    ...See More

NEW: Sign ups October ~Cracked Pot Gardner's~ Fall Bounty

Q

Comments (40)
    Ooh, Mariann, I couldn't imagine even running a comb through my hair with that dent in there much less all they put your head through at the salon. Just thinking of them combing out sections before they snip with the scissors is making me shudder. When I worked in a retail store years ago I had to sort some things in our stock room. The ceiling was very low, only 5ft high (I'm 5'10") and had pipes running all over it. I was always so cautious when working in there but one day I stood up in the wrong spot and hit my head on a brace holding the pipes and went out like a light. I had a dent in my head for quite some time. That was back when I used hot rollers every day to get myself ready for my day. Ouch, the memories! Your mold problems are much worse than mine. The black mold can be especially dangerous. I just found some on one of the kids volleyballs that was left out under some bushes. I need to wash that with some bleach to remove it before they start playing with it again. I'm glad you wear a mask when it is bad. That stuff just isn't good for you.
    ...See More
  • galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jeanne-Hope you received my email. If you want to join us again in the future you will be welcomed back with open arms.

Linda-I sent you an email. My thoughts are with you. If you want to come back in the future just let us know. I know how difficult and frightening health issues can be. I purchased 3 'Pinky Winky' Hydrangeas from the CoOp. I think I'll use one of those where I wanted to put the 'Endless Summer'. They are larger than I wanted for that area. They bloom on new wood so I can keep them pruned back. Thank you for the kind offer of the cuttings I'll keep that in mind.

I wanted to post pictures of 2 birthday presents I received. I first is the 3D Stained Glass Hummingbird that Carol made me. She also made me a Stained Glass Dragon Fly but I don't have it up yet. The second photo is of Caladiums that my little sister, from Arizona, sent me last month. I grew the bulbs on and just planted them outside.

Have a great day everyone,
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sassy-Your box is going in the mail tomorrow.
    DC# 0103 8555 7494 1977 5237
    Hope you enjoy what I sent
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, your hummingbird is beautiful! I think the way Carol made it is amazing. I love the way the tail flairs and the wings are outstretched. She is so talented! The caladium is so pretty. I have the same one but the deer chomped it down and then the floods came and it was growing in standing water. It is recovering now, looking sad, hoping it will get stronger and look as pretty as yours.

Linda and I have been emailing each other. I hope you don't mind but we both have decided that we will swap at another time when she is recovered and I can be trusted to handle tropical plants. She really wanted to send some to me but I told her I need to learn how to take care of houseplants first. Deb will get me pointed in the right direction and then with luck and prayer I will be able to properly take care of tropicals over winter by practicing on the plants that Deb sends! Can't wait till I can have some beautiful potted tropical plants to bring out on the patio next summer. Wish me luck!

Sassy, thank you darlin' for your kind offer. I appreciate it but I am just fine without a box this month. Truth be told it opens my time up a little bit with my new project expanding the rock garden and also planting more hosta and astilbes in the woods. I spent the day yesterday moving around rocks and making new planting wells in front of the larger rocks so there will be a tiered affect moving down to the walkway. I need to find some nice low growing plants that flower later in June for color that can take direct sun most of the day and lots of heat. Any suggestions?

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hope You both, Marianne and Karen had Wonderful Birthdays.

Marianne, I am going to have to drop out of the group after I send my July box also. I am barely hanging onto my flower gardens here with the drought we are under. We are supposed to get some much needed rain from this "Dolly" storm but it will be back hot and dry come Friday.

I hope I'll still be able to come visit ya'll.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• beckilove
    15 years ago

I am so sorry I missed your birthday, Karen! I actually started to post a birthday wish, when my computer froze, and after that, I forgot about it. I hope you had a wonderful day!!! I am working on your box, but don't have it quite done, but I promise it will be out by Monday!

I am sad to hear of your pain, Linda! I hope you are able to get it taken care of soon!! I know how it is to not have medical insurance - I pray that you find a way to get better without a terrible lot of added expense!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hugs,
    Becki

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Trina,
    I mailed your package today. Feel bad not to have included plants, but I rightly predicted that it is no time to be digging up plants or planting here. When I went to the post office, two places that display temperature said 102 and 104 degrees - take your pick! LOL
    Anyway, I hope you can use the seeds later on. I doubt that you are planting now either.
    SC has been getting some rain, but it misses us everytime. There was a big storm about 20 min. away yesterday - thousands of people lost power and they showed pictures where there had been a downpour. My husband and I just laugh now when the news and weather folks talk about rain - we say, "Not in Lexington!"
    (I have a confirmation number, but not here with me as I type. I will hold on to it in case there is a problem.)
    Stay cool,
    Jeanne

• hmle2217
    15 years ago

Michelle, I sent your box out yesterday. I'll post the delivery confirmation number tomorrow. Just thought I would let you know! I hope everyone is doing well!

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Becki~ You're box is going out today. I planned on digging the plants Sunday night, but my sons little league tournaments got rained out on Sat. and we ended up with a Sunday night game. Monday we had to travel to Sioux Falls SD for my DH's Dr. appointment, and Mon. night was just catching up with things. Sooo, I finally dug them last night! My Dad is going to take it to the post office in about an hour or so. Conf. # will be 0308730000098749686. I hope you like everything! :) Thanks for the bday wishes!

Jeanne, Linda, and Trina, we will miss ya! I hope you will be able to join us again later, and that you will then be healthy with healthy gardens! Will keep you all in my prayers.

Tracy, just wanted to let ya know that I was able to enjoy the wine on my birthday, and share it with my family! Hubby and I really liked it! Especially hubby, he had the most. :(

It is a nice 64 degrees right now. We've been having such high humidity that the cool crisp air really surprised me when I let my dog out this morning. Refreshing!

Have a great day!
    Karen

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I was so hoping you were getting some rain from that monster storm, guess it would probably run off anyway, but hey, we'll take it anyway we can get it. I've been luckier than you, at least we keep getting some showers.

Mariann, what a smile you put on my face!! I love my wreath so much! And you know I love the color purple! I will treasure it for along time and think of you each time I look at it. That was so sweet of you to make it for me:))

Please tell Carol I love my stained glass butterfly. For all you others, its orange and purple, my favs! I have always wanted to work with stained glass, but never followed through. She is really good, if shes not doing it she could easily sell her work. Please tell her thanks for the citronella candle too, she did an awesome job on that too, I'll be using it very soon:) And thank you too!
    I love my plumeria body cream, you did a great job picking out the fragrance, I love it!

Thanks so much for the iris, I didn't have any of them and I'm always thrilled to get iris. As much as I love my daylilies theres nothing prettier than a full bed of iris blooming. I love the rebloomers. And girl you have gotten good with your card making program. I just adored my card with pics of my iris you sent, that was awesome! Thanks for your kind words too, you're a sweetheart and I think the world of you.

Oh, the wreath was in 100% perfect condition, I already having it hanging up.

Thanks for my wonderful surprises!
    Sassy

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I got my box today, thank you huong,
    in the box I got a pair of gardening gloves
    hot cocoa mix
    peat pellets
    plant markers and pen
    seed envies
    beaded jewlery
    and a bunch of seeds one of witch is chinese houses, I have been wanting to try these.
    you should have receved your box by now, did it get there?
    please let me know
    thanks michelle
    ps you will all notice we will be making some changes, due to health issues, money issues or other reasons we are loosing 4 people this month, we need to change a few things to stay afloat, mariann will be sending you an e-mail letting you know the changes.

• thelwig55
    15 years ago

Happy Belated B-Days to Karen and Mariann, just checking in, been pretty busy with 4H judgings, Fair is not for a couple months but all the book keeping had to be judged the last week, plus one of my sons 4H goats are sick and I had to give it shoots several times a day, seems to be getting better, so glad it is cooler, because I don't think she would of made it in the heat we have been having.

Marie, your box will go out on Monday, was going to ship today and decided I better wait till Monday, with you being in WY. Will post Monday DC #
    Take Care Every one
    Tammy

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I'll be sending my box out soon... just waiting for something to "arrive" ....I'll post when I send.....

Sue

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Sorry I've been MIA. My Sister is on vacation this week and each day we have plans to go shopping/lunch with my Mom. I've also been doing some major deep cleaning, decluttering! And having fun replacing old things with new stuff I purchased during my wild shopping spree week!

I received a wonderful box from Sharon on Saturday, and have been meaning to post each day! Sharon sent lots of really nice plants! I did email Sharon right away to let her know the box arrived.
    Included in Sharon's box..
    Canna, Oyster plant, Persian shield, White Angel's trumpet, walking iris! I've always wanted an oyster plant, and an Angel's trumpet, walking iris! The Persian shield is such a beautiful rich color (purple), I'm really looking forward to growing that too!

Sharon, Thank you sooooo much! I love everything you sent! She also sent a few other goodies too, a cute plaque, and some paper. My mind is going blank right now, I hope I didn't forget anything!

Tracy,
    I didn't forget about the houseplant box, I'm just running behind! I promise to get it out soon and will post here when it goes out. The way my week looks, I'll have more time on Monday when my Sister goes back to work!

Karen,
    Happy Belated Birthday, Wishing you the best!

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hope you have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sassy-I'm so happy you liked what I sent. I had a great time picking out silk flowers for your wreath. I'm glad it wasn't crunched. Carol does sell her stained glass designs and her candles. This Christmas she will have a kiosk at a large mall here in NJ. John and I will be helping her out so she doesn't have to be there all day every day.

I have a Dr.'s appointment this morning with the Rheumatologist. This afternoon I'm going with my DH to the hospital where he's having some cardiac testing done. So our day is going to be fairly busy.
    Mariann

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Linda! I hope you have a great one!!!

Mariann, I hope all goes well for you and your DH today!

Becki

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Will be thinking of you both Mariann:)

Happy Birthday Linda! Sorry, but I knew I couldn't find a Birthday cake any prettier than Becki's. You have a great day sweetie!!!!!!!!

Hugs
    Sassy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Linda. Have a wonderful day! Here's a cake from me!!!

Jeanne

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Have a wonderful day, Linda!!

Karen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Linda! I hope you have a very nice day with lots of fun and surprises.

Tracy

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Thank you Everyone!
    So far I have had a Wonderful birthday! Burk and Shawn took me to Calabash (heaven) for seafood earlier this week, and my parents took me to lunch today and as I type this, My nephews wife is in hard labor expecting a baby boy any second! ( please pray for her)
    I am getting a "Jay Jay for my Birthday!!!"
    Sassy, you are too sweet, I started to call you and see if you would put a box together for Tracy for me, but she and I agreed to try trading later When I have improved and can send some plants that can handle her zone.
    The numbness is beginning to improve a little in my hands, but is still wreaking havoc with the majority of my activities. I have been able to water my plants a little, but I have much to repot and plenty that will wait until later ( or until I find a yard man) to get planted.
    I hope to be online more often now. Maybe I'll even get to chat again. I have missed everyone.
    Thanks again. Linda

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Linda,

Hugs,
    Deb

• hmle2217
    15 years ago

Michelle,

Many thanks for the wonderful box I recieved. It was indeed very heavy.

Michelle gave me so many things: pot holders, cards/envelopes, tea, a journal, seeds! and tons of gardening books. I love all the different types of books you gave me. I'll cherish them!

I can't wait to start my fall garden with all the seeds you gave me. Many thanks from California.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Veggie Garden Blog

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

This big butterfly was having a nice snack in my rock garden today. I don't know what he is but I loved the spots on his wings and body. When they're open the backs are a very vivid orange. He was getting chased out by another much smaller butterfly. I didn't know they could be territorial.

Tracy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Tracy, that is a Monarch butterfly, isn't it? Michelle? I'm pretty sure it is. I've seen a few around here, but still no cats on my asclepias. :(

Good Night,
    Karen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Karen, I thought it might be a monarch but then again I think every orange and black butterfly is a monarch. I can't be trusted to id the beautiful critters. :o)

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Becki, I was checking the tracking on your package, and have discovered that I must have made a typo. It appears I'm 1 number short. You should be getting the box today, though. If not please let me know! Sorry about the the DC# being wrong!! :(

Karen

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I picked our first ripe tomatoes today - Black Plum which I had never grown before. (You have to ignore the color to enjoy them. LOL) I got the seeds from someone on GardenWeb - so nice we get seeds from so many different people in all areas of the USA.
    Anyway, I hope my tomato plants last longer than my summer squash plants did.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jeanne

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Karen,
    It did come today!! Yippee!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!! What a wonderful box you sent!!!

Karen sent me:
    A cute birdhouse garden decoration (which Lily promply ran out and planted in the garden!)
    A purple Jacob's Ladder
    A variegated Sedum
    Heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine'
    A Phlox 'David' - I have wanted this for so long!!! : )
    Iris' - 'In Town', 'Edith Wolford', & 'Robert Preston'
    Daylilies - 'Ribbon Candy' and 'Raspberry Pixie'

They all look so happy and healthy!! You did a great job of packaging!! Your box will be going out on Monday!

I can't wait to plant these tomorrow! Thank you so much, Karen!

Jeanne - we just noticed our first tomato turning last night! I can't wait till they all start turning! What happened to your summer squash? Last year we had squash bugs so bad! I planted them LATE this year, so hopefully we might avoid that problem!

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb-It's great that you've had the time to spend with your mom and sister.

Tracy-Looks like a Monarch to me. Nice picture!

Karen-That's a spectacular box you sent Becki.

Sending hugs and best wishes to Michelle. She has poison oak. It's pretty much put her out of commission for a while.

Please post and let us know if you'll be swapping next month.
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Oh Michelle! I am so sorry that you have poison oak. That is awful. I hope you feel better soon.

Mariann, I think you are right. Glad you like it. Remember our conversations on the sterility of certain types of echinacea? Do you happen to remember if the Pink Double Delight is sterile or not?

Becki, that is a fantastic box Karen sent. I bet your maters will be delicious this year.

Tracy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Becki, I'm not sure what happened to my summer squash. I had it growing in containers and the foliage was so lush and pretty and it bloomed nicely and then the leaves started getting sort of white-ish on the top and eventually were beginning to turn yellow and when I pulled them up, there were some tiny bugs flying out from under the leaves. I wondered if they were white flies, but I never saw them before I pulled up the plants. I did get just a very few summer squash and they were delicious. I guessed we watered them too much, but I don't know. Anybudy recognize the symptoms? I am going to plant more. Maybe they will be better later in the year.
    Michelle, I hope you are feeling better when you read this.
    Tracy, I had several different pink echinaceas that people had sent me and one was about ready to bloom and the next day I went out there and something had eaten all of them almost to the ground. What a disappointment! I think the one that was going to bloom was Pink Double Delight. At least I think they left enough of the plant, that it will grow back.
    Kind of cloudy this morning so I have been out working in my garden. I have this dark chocolate sunflower that just bloomed. It is so pretty! I took a picture but haven't uploaded them to the computer yet. Maybe someone will know what it is. I made a list of the ones that I planted, but I planted nearly every variety I had seeds for this year so with many of them, I don't know which is which.
    Stay cool!
    Jeanne

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jeanne-Your squash may have had Powdery or Downy Mildew (white turning to yellow). Then opportunistic insects fed on the diseased tissue. If you had white flies, on your squash, then you'll also have them on your other plants. Check the undersides of your vegetable plants especially the one's closest to where the squash was planted. I had them on a verbena plant that I overwintered inside. They look like this:

Tracy-I looked on Dave's garden and it says that Pink Double Delight is either sterile or does not breed true. Since it is new in 2008 I haven't heard anything else. You could always try collecting seeds and growing them to see what you get. Sometimes I do that and it's fun to wait and see what happens. Did you try the rubbing alcohol on your plants for spider mites???

We've had zucchini and cukes from the garden. No tomatoes yet. Hope to get some green beans and swiss chard in tomorrow.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, thanks for looking into that for me. I looked around a bit and couldn't find much information other than a gw member said she had gotten seed from it and they germinated. Not too sure of her post since it also mentions getting seed from Sundown and had germination from that as well. None of the Sundown I bought from T&S germinated so that little question was resolved with it definitely being sterile. I'll collect some seeds and see what happens, should be fun to find out.

I just picked up a new bottle of alcohol at the store yesterday and will be treating them tomorrow. We go through it quickly around here with all the poison ivy. It is great for getting the oils off of your skin right after coming in contact with the leaves. Keeps reactions to a minimum. My oldest son is severely allergic. He's gotten horrible reactions that have had him going back to the doctors for months on end. If he uses the alcohol right away he has little to no rash.

Today was spent shopping and cooking for hubby's birthday. He got to have a nice lazy day with the kids. We'll be having friends over tomorrow night for a cook out. Should be a good time. Hubby's and his best friend's bdays are one day apart so we like to get together for a little party for the boys.

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Hello!

Michelle, so sorry about the poison oak, I hope it's getting better!

Becki, I'm glad you liked your plants! I was worried because I forgot to vent the box, so it was a relief to hear they arrived healthy.

Today I went school shopping. Usually I wait until the last minute when everything cheap is gone, and I end up saving no money! I still have a few things left, and I didn't get anything for my 12yr old son. He is camping with a friend, and is at the age now, where he wants a say in what clothes he wears. My daughter (almost 15) is not like me at all. I shop pretty fast, make up my mind fast, and will settle for something even if it isn't what I was looking for, and she is total opposite. So when we go into a store looking for tops and walk out with one cami, a necklace, some underwear and perfume, I get a little annoyed. That is not what we went in there for!! Oh well.

I only have the occassional deer problem. I noticed Friday, that one ate some Dahlia buds, one which was showing color, getting ready to open. Grrrr. But that was the only thing I could see amiss. A week or so before that, my first blossom of yellow scabiosa disappeared. They better not find our sweet corn. It's tassling (if thats a word!) right now.

We think our 12 yr old is eating the cherry tomatoes as they slowly ripen. We're going to have to have a talk with him when he gets back, lol. He could truely live on fruits and vegetables we think. Especially fruit.

I probably won't be on tomorrow, the Little Leaguers are finishing their tournament. So far our boys are undefeated. It should be exciting! So have a good and fun weekend!

Karen

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

My box went out to my partner today.. DC#03071790000167496602

• esiuol
    15 years ago

Hi Sue,
    I sent yours out today too! The DC number is in my husbands car....and he's at work. I'll post it tomorrow night.
    Louise

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Karen,
    Your box is going out today. The Dc # is 0103 8555 7494 6740 9207. Hope your boys are doing well in the tournament yet!!!
    Becki

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I'll be watching for it!! :) The tournaments were rained out again yesterday! We needed the rain, but I wish it could have waited until last night! So now its a waiting game to find out when they will try and finish this.

Have a good day all!
    Karen

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thought I'd post the list before we run out of room. Today is the deadline to send. So far I've not received any requests for extensions.

Jeanne/sandlapper_rose-sent
    Sharon/scottrell-sent-received
    Mariann/galium-sent-received
    Diane/sassyd-sent-received
    Michelle/micyrey-sent-received
    Huong/hmle2217-sent-received
    Louise/esiuol-sent
    Sue/sguanzon-sent
    Deb/debbya-sent-received
    Trina/pixieluvplants-received (you need to post)
    Becki/beckilove-sent-received
    Karen/kalena67-sent
    Tammy/thelwig55-received
    Marie/wynative-sent

I'll be going away for a few days. My aunt is flying out from California. We are all meeting at my sister's farm. I'll be leaving Thursday and returning on Saturday. Just a short visit but really looking forward to it.
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I'm finaly starting to feel better the swelling is down but I'm still itching a lot, I ended up with PO almost everywhere, hands(esp between the fingers), arms, face, neck, upper back(don't know how it got there) legs and feet. I didn't evan know I was touching it, I was pulling out wild grape vines and the PO must have been growing under them.

so far for august swap I have

Mariann/galium-
    Michelle/micyrey-
    Deb/debbya-
    Karen/kalena67
    Tammy/thelwig55
    Marie/wynative
    Metull/
    Tracyvine/Tracy

signed-up if anyone else wants to swap let me know

see ya all later
    michelle

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I have received a wonderful box from Jeanne. I received it last Thursday and let her know that I received it but completely forgot to post it on here! I am soo sorry Jeanne!

Here is what Jeanne sent..

Vitex (Chaste Tree) seeds
    Cassia - Candlebush seeds
    Balsam Impatien seeds
    Super Marmande Tomato seeds
    Salad Burnet seeds
    Lambs Ears seeds
    White Salvia seeds
    Geum 'Lady Stratheden' seeds
    Celosia "Purple Flamingo" seeds
    Celosia Burgundy
    'Jaguar' Marigold seeds
    Yellow Shrub Rose Seeds
    Astilbe mixed
    Starlight Aster
    Sage seeds

and some cute red check dishcloths.

I can't wait til it cools off and wets up around here so I can plant these!

Thank you Jeanne I love them all!!!

Your goodies went to the PO this afternoon, I will post the DC# as soon as my son gets home. (he did this for me lol)

Smiles all,
    Pixie (Trina)

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I just noticed this the other day. There will be a plant swap in Greer, SC, which is halfway between Greenville and Spartanburg and 1.5 hrs away from Charlotte, NC, on September 20th, 2008. It is posted on the Carolina section of the GardenWeb Forums. I am signing up - not totally sure I can be there - haven't posted things on my calendar that far ahead - but it sure would be fun to meet some people. I did some GardenWeb swaps in person several years ago and they are always lots of fun!
    Jeanne

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

My box went out for Tracy! USPS #0308 0730 0001 2987 5209. Hopefully, priority is running smoothly and it arrives it two days.

Hugs,
    Deb

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Hello!

I received my box from Becki today!! :) Along with a nice card, Becki sent me Seed Baggies (I'm doing alot of harvesting, so these will be used for sure!) Permanent markers (always need these!) Twist ties with dispenser/cutter, (I really like this!) 3 Backyard living magazines that I can't wait to relax with, Lupin 'Dwarf Fairy Pink' seeds and Primrose seeds. For plants Becki sent Pansy 'Caramel Spice', the flowers are still fresh! such a pretty color!, Begonia 'Royal Picotee' (I've got this and the Pansy planted already), and HUGE divisions of Candylily, Painted Daisy, and Spearmint. Thank you so much Becki! I wintersowed some painted daisies in 2007, and only got one plant to take, and it bloomed for the first time this summer. I was planning on wintersowing some more, and now I don't have too!! I love the Spearmint. I've got a few herbs now, and would like to start an herb garden. I have the perfect patch for the candylily also. Thanks so much, Becki!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Deb, thank you for sending the houseplants to me. I am excited to try them again. You are a sweetheart!\

Trina, cool box! Jeanne sent you some great goodies!

Jeanne, I haven't collected astilbe seeds before. Mine just finished blooming I need to go inspect them for seeds. My Coral Nymph Salvia has tons of seed so I will have plenty of that for next year too. They are such cute blooms. Can't believe it is harvest time already for so many of the flowers. I wish there were swaps close to where I live. They all seem to be on the eastern edge of Ohio or way down south. They sound like a lot of fun.

Karen, that is an awesome box from Becki! I just started collecting seeds and have been using parchment paper to make pouches. I really need to get some little baggies together.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tracy

• beckilove
    15 years ago

I'm glad it reached you safely, Karen! Thank you! My painted dasies have really spread, so I was happy to send you some! I hope they all do well for you!

Becki

• wynative
    15 years ago

Tammy,

Thank you so much for such a great box of plants!! Wow, my box was packed full - lily's, carnations, cactus, fox glove, varigated weigela and the prettiest Primadonna Echinacea. The reason I know it is a pretty purple is because it bloomed in the box so when I opened it there it was!!

Great packing job also! For being in the box for a week, everything looks great!

Thanks again, Tammy! Now I have to go to our local Mercantile and get some potting soil - it is on sale for $1 a bag ~ and get my new purple colus planted :)
    Marie