SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thegardengeek

The Garden Geeks Summer Shuffle Seed Swap

thegardengeek
10 years ago

We have great success with our late fall seed exchange, we have decided to do one in early summer. I am hoping to encourage new traders to get their feet wet so this is a very relaxed swap. If you have specific expectations in your trades, you may not want to join as this one is for everyone!

Trade the seeds you have left over or seeds from last year's garden for seeds you don't have so you can plant them in next years planting!

It's that time again!! Start collecting your seeds, and labeling them well...because this round robin is now open!!

Jump on in and let us know you are joining us!! Send me an e-mail so I can get you my address or visit me (The Garden Geeks) on facebook where my address is posted.

Here is how to do it. Package your seeds up , you can use anything from those small plastic envies to home made ones made from junk mail. Be sure to label them well so we know what it is, then stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and send it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one you did not send, take the address and stamps you sent and place them on the envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :). It's that simple!

Very few rules No seeds from before 2012. No packs of "wild flower" seeds. (both will be excepted as donation to our free seed giveaways on facebook though) All packs must be labeled with what it is. DO NOT send money for postage, just postage please.
Finally, HAVE FUN!!

Normally, the very large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone elses. People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so.

This will be a large seed swap - going across several sites so please get your seeds in as soon after the opening date that you can! Last fall we had around 200 participants.

Swap runs from June 21st to July 26th. Any seeds that come in after that date will be returned unopened.

* no more then 10 packs of one kind of seed
*you can add drop in a SHORT note of a few items you don't want and maybe a few wishes. (NO PROMISES but I will do my best with what comes in :)
**Remember, larger envies will take longer to fill. We do our best to be fair but be warned, if you are expecting commercial seeds only you will be disappointed.

I will keep track on envies that come in and are sent out on the The Garden Geeks facebook page, for this event. I hope you all join us!

Comments (17)